Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
While Rory is on the Bridge communicating with the port offices, Lefty comes forward, waits for a break, and makes his report: "I was helping Armando with the post-Jump diagnostics, and there is a flow regulator that shows some instability. It is working OK for now, but 'Mando says it could go out soon, and he'd like to pick up a spare if we can get one. Either that, or if we have time to do the work here, just trade this one in for a new or rebuilt and install that. He says it should run about 5k or so. He also has some minor stuff he wants to pick up, standard parts we are getting low on, and some things that he wants for maintenance work during our next jump."

"Also checked with Karoleen, she already commed all the bio-freight in their staterooms, all handled Jump transition well, no Jump sickness, all eager to disembark."
"Thanks Lefty, tell Mano we will be parked for 5 days and that I hope that is enough time to get it switched out between drinking binges."

Key the intercomm:

Tune the entertainment broadcaster server to Jurin broadcasts so that passengers and crew can get local news and information and sync their email. Check Jurin local time, then:

"Good Morning! This is your Captain speaking. We are inbound to Jurin High Port and should arrive in about 40 hours. You should be able to watch the Jurin broadcasts on your sets at this time. Our computer is a little busy right now, so email sync may take a minute or two. If you have any questions please check with Karoleen and we will help where we can. We know you have many choices when Travelling, and we are grateful you chose the Bridget for your travel needs. Please think of us first when you want to travel."

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.

Last edited by pendragonman; August 4th, 2014 at 10:17 PM..
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
"Thanks Lefty, tell Mano we will be parked for 5 days and that I hope that is enough time to get it switched out between drinking binges."

Key the intercomm:

Tune the entertainment broadcaster server to Jurin broadcasts so that passengers and crew can get local news and information and sync their email. Check Jurin local time, then:

"Good Morning! This is your Captain speaking. We are inbound to Jurin High Port and should arrive shortly. You should be able to watch the Jurin broadcasts on your sets at this time. Our computer is a little busy right now, so email sync may take a minute or two. If you have any questions please check with Karoleen and we will help where we can. We know you have many choices when Travelling, and we are grateful you chose the Bridget for your travel needs. Please think of us first when you want to travel."
[Err, all fine except that "arrive shortly" is actually about 40 hours. Also, did you see my post before this one about trade goods, etc? We cross-posted.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Margrave

Quote:
"Bridget, we are switching you now..."

A new voice comes on, male, with all the bright chipper mannerisms of a salesman. "Hello, Bridget, this is Tommy Andreesyn. I'm an export placement coordinator with our port office of the Ancient and Honorable Caravaneer's Guild. Am I speaking with Captain Makenzie? Yes? Thank you. Well, Captain, we have a lot of fine export goods warehoused here at the Downport and ready to ship. Some also at the Highport; that will be up to you where you want to dock and whether you want other goods brought to you by shuttle, for which we can arrange quite reasonable shipping rates. Let me just go over your requests, here..."

"Mmm, yes, we can supply most of this. Now, of course, you can contact the sellers to try to make your own deals with them, but these are the prices we have in their listings here at the port:
Furs, we have in large supply, both Textile Grade at 2400/ton and Luxury Consumable Grade at 20k/ton. Also many fine leathers at the Textile price, and finished leather goods at 18k/ton.
Meat, and fish, now we have some excellent choices there, again graded for quality and packaging. The choicest items are aged and packed at ideal temperatures in controlled-temp containers, and those are listed at 15k/ton. More standard quality cuts and seafood, flash-frozen, listed at 1500/ton."

"Now let's see, what else you have listed here: Biochemicals, yes, there are some interesting derivatives from some our sealife that are being repackaged as medicinal products on other worlds, or so I understand. Those are typically listed at 45K/ton, but supplies are limited."

"Ah, these, ah, manufactured goods. Of course we do have our own industries producing electronics, vehicles, and so forth, but they are geared to domestic production, not export. If you really want those in export quantities, you might consider placing an order and then picking them up on a later trip. Or, for all I know, you might contact some dealers and see if they are interested in selling off their inventory, although unless they are in financial trouble you can expect to pay some premium prices there."

"Oh, I see that you are interested in Gems! We are seeing some fine, fine product being dug out of some new mines; most is being marketed domestically, but I know we have some cases that were sent here to test the waters on the interstellar market. Um, I have 5 tons still in storage - that's up at the Highport - listed at 22k/ton."

"So what do you think, Captain? We'll be happy to sell you what we have of the items you requested, and can always fill out your hold with Furs, Leathers, and Food Items. I have some details and images on those I can send up, if you care to think it over before buying."
I edited the arrival post for time. I am used to departure needing to be 100 d, but arrival being 10 d. Also, previous usage has Ser for Sir or Mister and Sera for Miss/Mrs. If this is incorrect, please let me know and we will adjust later conversations.

"Thank you anyway, Ser Andreesyn. It seems our original plan has changed and we will be docked for a few days with a maintenance issue. As such, I think I will check back in a couple of days. You have been very kind, if you are paid by commission feel free to contact us with your suggestions then. Otherwise I will play agent roulette in a couple days. Please advise that buyer we will arrive in about 40 hours. Could you please transfer us to Jurin Control? I need to amend our outbound flight plan due to our delay."

"Jurin Control? Please cancel our current outbound flight plan due to our maintenance delay. We will file a new one in a couple of days. Could you connect me with Sera Wasnikovi in the Conveyance Guild so that I can amend our passenger request."

"Sera Wasnikovi? This is Bridget. We will be delayed a few days with a maintenance issue. This is changing our flight plan entirely. Please cancel our passenger request, we will contact you again once we file our new flight plan."

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.

Last edited by pendragonman; August 4th, 2014 at 11:21 PM..
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:22 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

[Do you have anything else you want to do on the inbound trip, or shall we fast-forward?]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Margrave

fast forward

Old August 5th, 2014, 12:17 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

You've already met your passengers during Jump, but just in case you want to talk to them any further before disembarkation at the Highport, they are a family group: husband, wife, eldest son and his fiancee, four younger children. They are emigrating from Nyanar to Jurin. Due to the size of their group, they tend to time their meals not to coincide with the crew eating, so as not to overcrowd the lounge.

Mando is hesitant about beginning work on the flow regulator from the Jump Drive. It would be easy enough to remove en route (isn't needed except for Jump Entry), but he is afraid that it might be further destabilized by doing so, and then there would be trouble if he couldn't find a replacement on Jurin. He has commed several parts suppliers at the Highport and thinks he has a good rebuilt one lined up, but wants to look it over better before buying.

Five hours out from the Highport, as you are slowing the ship to a stop relative to the Highport, another comm from Traffic Control: "Bridget, this is Jurin Traffic Control. Please enter Orbit [orbital parameters] until cleared by Customs. You will be contacted by a Customs vessel for boarding in due time."

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Margrave

N.B.: First dinner in jump space will be a Captain's dinner with the passengers. Show off my cooking skills...

During the trip I will have made sure to get the kids a tour of the ship, cookies and milk at the end. My mother's chocolate chip recipe.

Attain the recommended orbit and await customs.

Thought to myself
"Maybe I should find a toy manufacturer to make some toy A-2s painted up like us for souvenirs for kids..."

Old August 5th, 2014, 12:57 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Your detectors aren't showing you a lot of starships nearby. Two others docked at the Highport, one 500-ton and one 200-ton. One shuttle coming up to the Highport from the planet. Some shuttle traffic here and there in the system, and what appear to be a mix of military starships and SDBs in parking orbits around the GGs at Orbit 4 and Orbit 8.

Within the hour a Gig approaches from the Highport, on course to match orbits with Bridget. "Bridget, this is Jurin Customs Service Gig IG-2. Please stand by for boarding, and do not make any maneuvers until our inspection is complete. We will be entering via boarding tube through your portside airlock. Please have the lock ready for entry, and have one ship's officer at the lock to meet us. Please have all other crew and passengers gather in your ship's lounge. If you do not have a ship's lounge, please have all other crew and passengers gather in the largest convenient compartment. Do you have any questions?"

[Just noticed, the MgT version of an A2 does not have an air/raft or any other ship's vehicle. Doesn't seem right. Would you like to have one carried in your cargo compartment? We can fudge the numbers so you don't lose any cargo capacity. If you prefer, I actually think an enclosed air/raft is much more useful; never did like the open-top model much.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Margrave

Quote:
Your detectors aren't showing you a lot of starships nearby. Two others docked at the Highport, one 500-ton and one 200-ton. One shuttle coming up to the Highport from the planet. Some shuttle traffic here and there in the system, and what appear to be a mix of military starships and SDBs in parking orbits around the GGs at Orbit 4 and Orbit 8.

Within the hour a Gig approaches from the Highport, on course to match orbits with Bridget. "Bridget, this is Jurin Customs Service Gig IG-2. Please stand by for boarding, and do not make any maneuvers until our inspection is complete. We will be entering via boarding tube through your portside airlock. Please have the lock ready for entry, and have one ship's officer at the lock to meet us. Please have all other crew and passengers gather in your ship's lounge. If you do not have a ship's lounge, please have all other crew and passengers gather in the largest convenient compartment. Do you have any questions?"

[Just noticed, the MgT version of an A2 does not have an air/raft or any other ship's vehicle. Doesn't seem right. Would you like to have one carried in your cargo compartment? We can fudge the numbers so you don't lose any cargo capacity. If you prefer, I actually think an enclosed air/raft is much more useful; never did like the open-top model much.]
Ask Karoleen to round everybody (passengers and crew) up into the lounge, and have their papers ready. I will meet the customs cutter, ship's manifest in hand, along with ownership papers and logs.

We are a veteran crew and this is pretty standard stuff. We are very near a planet inhabited by 100's of millions and SDBs are nearby. If this isn't customs they won't get far, and if the government decided to impound us, there is not much we can do about it.

As to no ship's vehicle...well, the Millenium Falcon doesn't have any either.

Prefer the TL 12 model G-carrier, civilian model (25 mm autocannon instead of fusion gun) if I can get it.

Old August 5th, 2014, 02:07 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Prefer the TL 12 model G-carrier, civilian model (25 mm autocannon instead of fusion gun) if I can get it.
[Ehh... You can buy one sometime, if you want. Not a gimme. Want the enclosed air/raft until you can get the G-carrier?]

The customs inspectors are quite polite. All are in neat uniforms; two have datapads and holstered pistols, the third carries a snub-MG (Snub-machinegun, an SMG in 10mm with an electric-drive action so that it can fire low-velocity rounds without jamming; accepts all varieties of snub pistol ammo and is popular for shipboard defense and station security).

The leader introduces himself and his men. "I am Customs Sergeant Pyatt; these are Customs Patrolmen Shigiliashvili and Kasangugash. You are Captain Mackenzie?"

After an initial check of your "papers" (they are really electronic documents that let you flip copies from your datapad to theirs), the Sergeant appears to size you up, then nods to his two Patrolmen. "You two interview the crew and passengers, and issue clearance cards. I'll let the Captain show me around his ship a bit." Turning to you. "Are your people in the passenger lounge? Standard A2 layout?" At your nod, he nods his men on their way.

"Captain, why don't we start with the main cargo hold, since we are right here. It is currently pressurized, yes?" Inside the hold, he examines the manifest copy on his datapad and directs you to pop open a few containers from each of the freight shipments, and a few from your spec cargo. All appears in order. He applies customs seals to each opened container, to show that it was opened for inspection and not pilferage. He grins, "Now, this wouldn't be a typical A2 without a few custom hide-aways for special cargo. Any that you want to declare before I start looking?"

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 5th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: resealing
Closed Thread