Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

And lastly:

Jurin Control, Bridget. We would like to file our outbound flight plan. We will be heading to Warinir by way of Nyanar and Imili.

Once Jurin control indicates it is filed, it should be in the system for the passenger travel coordinators.

"Thank you for your assistance, Jurin Control. Please connect us with the ticketing office for passenger scheduling.

Since passengers can be plot devices more readily than cargo can, I will leave rolling them to you.

"Jurin passenger coordinator, this is free trader Bridget. Our flight plan is filed for your pleasure. We have accommodations for up to 6 High Passenger and we have the staff and appointments to welcome them. Alternately we can take 6 Business class or 12 Economy passengers and 6 sleepers. Prefer to load passengers for Warinir first. Please advise."

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old August 4th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Ugh. Should have done the math first. Turns out the 100-D limit of the star is out almost to Orbit 3, but I was wrong, the nearest GG is at Orbit 4.

Star 100-D is 1.2x108km
Orbit 0 - empty
Orbit 1 - Jurin - 6x107km
Orbit 2 - empty
Orbit 3 - Nexin - 1.5x108km
Orbit 4 - Grania(SGG) - 2.4x108km

Rolling for relative positions of planets (bc they aren't all lined up nice and neat)
Jurin - 11 o'clock
Grania - 5 o'clock
(and whoever said you couldn't use 12-sided dice in Traveller? )

So, they are pretty much exactly opposite. Can't fly that in a straight line without getting roasted, but say add 10% for a little curvature to avoid the star.

3x108km x 1.1 = 3.3x108km
Travel time at 1G (per TTB p.54) is about 95 hours.

Let's see if you just jumped to the 100-D limit closest to Jurin:
1.2x108km - 6x107km = 6x107km
Travel time at 1G (per TTB p.54) is about 40 hours.

BTW, the SGG is size 70, so 100-D = 1.6x100x70,000=1.1x107km
Travel time from exit to skim would be about 17 hours.

So where did you want to exit Jump?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:09 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

[Since you've continued to write comms to traffic control and the port market office, implying two-way comm rather than recordings, I'm going with the idea that Bridget exited Jump as close as possible to the mainworld of Jurin rather than the GG Grania on the other side of the system. You can skim fuel on your way out, if you want.]

[I'll be responding to the market info requests once I review those rules again, but do not assume that everything is the same as the default setting; this is still the Long Night, and although interstellar commerce is starting to get back on its feet in Daibei sector, it is by no means a regular thing as in the Third Imperium setting.]

[Finally, in deciding where you want to go next, I suggest reading the history of the Twilight Wars, of Jurin, and of Edge Subsector. Warinir is still in a state of cold war with most of the rest of the sector, and has been building up militarily and diplomatically to a state somewhat like Nazi Germany in the 1930s. You could go there, but there are risks to be considered.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Bridget, Jurin system (shiptime 1530, 3731-08-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
"Jurin Control, This is Free Trader Bridget. Inbound with passengers, freight and cargo for sale. Request permission to divert to nearest gas giant for refuel. After refuel we will require a berth to disembark passengers, freight, and hopefully exchange cargoes."
"Bridget, this is Jurin Traffic Control. We show your position as inbound to Jurin from the Safe Jump Limit, ETA Jurin orbit about 0730 on 08-27, assuming standard 1G course. If you plan to go out and skim fuel first, we suggest you consult your system data and advise us of new flight plan."

Quote:
"Jurin control, Bridget. Please switch us to Market Control."

Find a buyer for our Lux goods and lux consumables:
Your best offer on the durable Luxury Goods comes from Amberson Factors, offering Cr230K/ton.

Your best offer on the Luxury Consumables comes from Ilysyn Fine Dining & Supply, offering Cr22K/ton.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 12:37 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Bridget, Jurin system (shiptime 1535, 3731-08-25)

Quote:
"Jurin Market Control, what goods are for open sale?"
"Bridget, we are switching you now..."

A new voice comes on, male, with all the bright chipper mannerisms of a salesman. "Hello, Bridget, this is Tommy Andreesyn. I'm an export placement coordinator with our port office of the Ancient and Honorable Caravaneer's Guild. Am I speaking with Captain Makenzie? Yes? Thank you. Well, Captain, we have a lot of fine export goods warehoused here at the Downport and ready to ship. Some also at the Highport; that will be up to you where you want to dock and whether you want other goods brought to you by shuttle, for which we can arrange quite reasonable shipping rates. Let me just go over your requests, here..."

"Mmm, yes, we can supply most of this. Now, of course, you can contact the sellers to try to make your own deals with them, but these are the prices we have in their listings here at the port:
Furs, we have in large supply, both Textile Grade at 2400/ton and Luxury Consumable Grade at 20k/ton. Also many fine leathers at the Textile price, and finished leather goods at 18k/ton.
Meat, and fish, now we have some excellent choices there, again graded for quality and packaging. The choicest items are aged and packed at ideal temperatures in controlled-temp containers, and those are listed at 15k/ton. More standard quality cuts and seafood, flash-frozen, listed at 1500/ton."

"Now let's see, what else you have listed here: Biochemicals, yes, there are some interesting derivatives from some our sealife that are being repackaged as medicinal products on other worlds, or so I understand. Those are typically listed at 45K/ton, but supplies are limited."

"Ah, these, ah, manufactured goods. Of course we do have our own industries producing electronics, vehicles, and so forth, but they are geared to domestic production, not export. If you really want those in export quantities, you might consider placing an order and then picking them up on a later trip. Or, for all I know, you might contact some dealers and see if they are interested in selling off their inventory, although unless they are in financial trouble you can expect to pay some premium prices there."

"Oh, I see that you are interested in Gems! We are seeing some fine, fine product being dug out of some new mines; most is being marketed domestically, but I know we have some cases that were sent here to test the waters on the interstellar market. Um, I have 5 tons still in storage - that's up at the Highport - listed at 22k/ton."

"So what do you think, Captain? We'll be happy to sell you what we have of the items you requested, and can always fill out your hold with Furs, Leathers, and Food Items. I have some details and images on those I can send up, if you care to think it over before buying."

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 4th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: timestamp
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:04 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Bridget, Jurin system (shiptime 1550, 3731-08-25)

While Rory is on the Bridge communicating with the port offices, Lefty comes forward, waits for a break, and makes his report: "I was helping Armando with the post-Jump diagnostics, and there is a flow regulator that shows some instability. It is working OK for now, but 'Mando says it could go out soon, and he'd like to pick up a spare if we can get one. Either that, or if we have time to do the work here, just trade this one in for a new or rebuilt and install that. He says it should run about 5k or so. He also has some minor stuff he wants to pick up, standard parts we are getting low on, and some things that he wants for maintenance work during our next jump."

"Also checked with Karoleen, she already commed all the bio-freight in their staterooms, all handled Jump transition well, no Jump sickness, all eager to disembark."

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 4th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: timestamp
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Bridget, Jurin system (shiptime 1555, 3731-08-25)

Quote:
And lastly:

Jurin Control, Bridget. We would like to file our outbound flight plan. We will be heading to Warinir by way of Nyanar and Imili.

Once Jurin control indicates it is filed, it should be in the system for the passenger travel coordinators.

"Thank you for your assistance, Jurin Control. Please connect us with the ticketing office for passenger scheduling.

Since passengers can be plot devices more readily than cargo can, I will leave rolling them to you.

"Jurin passenger coordinator, this is free trader Bridget. Our flight plan is filed for your pleasure. We have accommodations for up to 6 High Passenger and we have the staff and appointments to welcome them. Alternately we can take 6 Business class or 12 Economy passengers and 6 sleepers. Prefer to load passengers for Warinir first. Please advise."
"Bridget, this Glissandra Wasnikovi representing the Honorable Guild of Conveyance of Persons. I have your listing, but must advise you that travel to Warinir is unlikely to be fill your capacity. Under the current tensions, most visitors here from Warinir arrive in their own diplomatic vessels; which is fine with us, just so long as the diplomatic vessels are not overly large and the diplomats not in armor and carrying guns! Ha ha ha!" Her laughter is somewhat hollow, and Rory detects a faint note of fear in her voice. "However, we'll do our best to find your some passengers headed in your direction."

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 4th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: timestamp
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[In discussing deckplans, we said this would be "just a standard A2", however on examination I see that the A2 deckplan in MgT (p.117) is substantially different from the one in CT Supp 7 Traders & Gunboats. The one in MgT actually looks like a better design as far as security, keeping passengers away from the Bridge and other important areas of the ship. Instead of the main cargo door in the bow, this one appears to load through a cargo lock on the starboard side, and a larger cargo lock in the stern of the ship. Unless you have any objection, we'll use the deckplan from MgT.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
"Bridget, this is Jurin Traffic Control. We show your position as inbound to Jurin from the Safe Jump Limit, ETA Jurin orbit about 0730 on 08-27, assuming standard 1G course. If you plan to go out and skim fuel first, we suggest you consult your system data and advise us of new flight plan."
"Sigh. Roger that Jurin Control. Be advised our updated flight plan is that we are inbound for disembarking passengers and cargoes. Request standard 5 day birthing permit to handle local business and a small maintenance issue.Please add us to space port replenishment services schedule. We will also require unrefined fueling since the GG would be an extensive delay."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Your best offer on the durable Luxury Goods comes from Amberson Factors, offering Cr230K/ton.

Your best offer on the Luxury Consumables comes from Ilysyn Fine Dining & Supply, offering Cr22K/ton.
Take the deal.

>>>[I read the library data and histories before I made the schedule. I looked at over 200 years of uneasy peace and figured at worst it was like travel into Berlin in 1935---still attracting tourists, especially the rich entitled ones, and "neutral" businessmen. If Warinir is more of a red zone if should probably be marked at least Amber if not Red, shouldn't it?]

>>>[Those listed market items were not requested items by me. They are what is available according to MGT core p163, and I was listing all of them just for this one time so we would be on the same page. Once I found out what the 4 random items were I was going to actually ask for available amounts and pricing.]

>>>[I had been basing all of my Ship Notations of the MGT layout since that was the rule set in use. So no worries.]

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:04 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
>>>[I read the library data and histories before I made the schedule. I looked at over 200 years of uneasy peace and figured at worst it was like travel into Berlin in 1935---still attracting tourists, especially the rich entitled ones, and "neutral" businessmen. If Warinir is more of a red zone if should probably be marked at least Amber if not Red, shouldn't it?]
No, it isn't really an Amber or Red (and there isn't any TAS to mark those anyway; although charts usually show Red for someplace that somebody with power has declared Off Limits), just a very Vilani-supremacist regime and culture that isn't very friendly to outsiders, so is an unlikely destination for passengers. Still might find a few; maybe someone who missed his official ride, or needs to get back but doesn't have the authority to demand a change of schedule, or something like that. Actually, Berlin 1935 is a good analogy.

Quote:
>>>[Those listed market items were not requested items by me. They are what is available according to MGT core p163, and I was listing all of them just for this one time so we would be on the same page. Once I found out what the 4 random items were I was going to actually ask for available amounts and pricing.]
Yes, I figured that, but the book is set up for the Third Imperium or equivalent setting with lots of interstellar trade, and these folks are just trudging up the path from the Long Night. They don't have all of that "always available" stuff, just what the Export Guild guy listed. If you want to try to find some other cargos besides those, that will be getting off the ship and going looking around during your 5-day berthing.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Closed Thread