Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > Citizens' Information Centre

Citizens' Information Centre COTI news, feedback, and problem reports

Old June 17th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default Infractions vs Warnings

First off - what a warning is: it's a logged communication that arrives in your PM box but is archived in two ways - once, in the database of infractions, and once as a thread in the Moderators and Admins private area.

An Infraction is exactly like a warning, but carried "infraction points" as well. These points expire after a period of time, but if you have 3 or more unexpired infraction points, the board imposes certain penalties.

The intent is that, if a board staff member needs to inform you that you have violated board rules, or that you're very close to being in violation of board rules, they use the infraction/warning system.

Note that either a warning or infraction is always linked to a specific post; no more than one such action can be attached to a given post, and it logs who issued it, when, and what was in it.

My instruction to the moderators is simple and direct: if it is close, warn. If it is clearly intentional and clearly over the line, infract. If in doubt, report.

Note that every warning and infraction is able to be referenced by each and every moderator and admin.

The statistics are not generally published - but I'll post the following:

In the last year (17 Jun 2013 to 17 Jun 2014),
There have been 53 total actions entered. Thats an average of one a week.
28 of those have been warnings.
4 infractions have been reversed. (One was wrong infraction category, one was reversal due to excessive penalty, two were rescinded after

25 infractions have been issued in the last year, overall.
5 infractions and 3 users have unexpired points.

2 user accounts have been locked by request - the account in this case has the email nulled out, and the password randomly set.

I've infracted 8 times in the last year, reversed 1.
I've issued 19 warnings in the last year.

The person most often interacted with got 3 warnings and 1 infraction in the last year. The infraction was for spammed adverts; the warnings include detrimental actions (blind links), insulting other members, and circumvention of the profanity filter.

The second most got 3 infractions; Insulting others, and two detrimental actions.

There have been two appeals of an infraction; one was commuted (the above mentioned excessive penalty), the other stood.

With an average daily postership of about 30 users, and average of over 100 discrete log-ins per day

in the last 24 hours, 241 users have logged activity.
in the last week, 516 users have logged activity.
In the last year, 3554 users have logged activity.

These numbers do not count spammers, who have been deleted, nor failed attempts to register by spammers.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.