Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old May 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Yes!

(2d6+1)[6]

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Magnus suggested I just re-roll the extra Shipshare, so now I have SIX rolls still to make to finish Frank's Mustering Out.

Also, Magnus says that Soc+1 adds on for Social Level, but does not bump his Noble Level since it was not taken in the Noble Career.

Since the Aging rolls knocked his Strength down so far, and I'd still kinda like that Life Insurance, I'll make three more rolls on Benefits, at DM +4.

1st: (1d6)[2] +4=6 Dex+1
2nd: (1d6)[2] +4=6 Dex+1 - Now Frank's Str is still in the gutter, but his Dex is absurdly high
3rd: (1d6)[1] +4=5 Str+1 - Yay, Str is at least Average now

Frank's UPP: 7DBA6C
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:04 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

OK, one more Benefit roll at +4 DM to try for more Strength, then two on Money at max DM +8.

Benefits, DM+4
1st: (1d6)[6] +4=10 - Well, no more Str, but at least I finally got that Life Insurance

Money, DM +8
2nd: (1d6)[4] +8=12 - Cr50,000
3rd: (1d6)[2] +8=10 - Cr40,000
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; May 2nd, 2014 at 12:18 AM..
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:18 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

And hooray, Frank Masuda v.4.0 is complete!

==============================================

Here is Frank Masuda v.4.0, made in my Using CotI Die-Roller T5 Char-Gen thread.

Frank Masuda, Imperial Scout Service, Permatic Imperium
Player: SpaceBadger; Created: 01 May 2014, for Magnus's PbP Game
Name: Francisco Jackson Masuda (Frank, Pancho)
Born: 301-154 PI, Died: N/A, Seven Terms, Age: 46
Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue, Height: 1.9m, Mass: 91 kg
Title(s): Senior Scout (7 terms), Knight of the Empire (KE), Knight of the Prepared Order of the Compass and Beacon (KB)
Fame: 19 (3 x Discoverer of [Something], plus 7 for public arrests as Ranger)
(additonal Fame 9 for secret activity as Ranger Agent limited to Need to Know) Total Fame 19+9=28
Mustering Out Money: Cr90,000

Description: Frank Masuda (Pancho to old friends) is a deceptively mild, plain-featured man. Casual friends would call him a calm, friendly person. Those with sufficient security clearance to know of his exploits as a Ranger Agent would laugh out loud at such a description. He commonly wears his old Scout Service shipsuit, unless the circumstances call for dressing up or down. He always carries one non-lethal weapon, varying according to local legal restrictions. If expecting trouble, he will also be carrying (holstered) his TL-F Gauss pistol with selectable ammunition (tranq, frag, penetrator) from his Ranger days.

He is frequently found around starports, either operating his own Type S Scoutship Vargr's Grin or else working on some other ship, or doing a favor for someone down on his/her/its luck. His one public lament is that he never made enough discoveries for a TAS membership, and he jokes sometimes about saving his pennies to buy his way in.

UPP (final): 7DBA6C
UPP (birth): 9A9944
Genetic Profile: 6633X2

Skills: Actor-2, Admin-1, Advocate-2, Animals-0(Rider-1), Astrogator-2, Bureaucrat-2, Driver-0(Grav-1), Electronics-2, Fighter-3(Unarmed-2), Flyer-0(Grav-2), Forensics-4, Gravitics-2, Hostile Environment-1, JOT-1, Language: TBD-2, Pilot-2(SmallCraft-2), Recon-2, Sensors-2, Stealth-4, Streetwise-3, Survey-2, Survival-3, Trader-1, Vaccsuit-2

[Cascades: Starship-6: Astrogator-2, Pilot-2(SmallCraft-2); Soldier-2: Recon-2]

Homeworld: Heridis [FS 1128] C 745 744-B S Ag Na Pi Tz 800 Im.
HW Skills: Animals, Survey, JOT, Driver(Grav)

Education: ED5

Imperial Scout Service (Exploration & Contact) - Three Terms
- made three Discoveries, received three Discovery Grants
- received Type S Scoutship on detached duty status
- Fame 12 from three Discoveries

Imperial Scout Service (Ranger Branch) - Four Terms (Agent)
- four undercover (Marine Officer, Merchant Steward, Merchant Astrogator, Citizen)
- received four Commendations: 3, 6, 5, 2 (16 total)
- awarded two Knighthoods upon retirement: Knight of the Empire (KE) and Knight of the Prepared Order of the Compass and Beacon (KB)
- received Life Insurance benefit in recognition of exemplary service in hazardous duty
- Fame 16 from Commendations (7 public knowledge, 9 only for those with Need to Know)

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; May 3rd, 2014 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: added birth year provided by Magnus, changed sector ID to [] instead of (); fixed Flyer/Driver
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:45 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
Where are all those Driver and Flyer coming from? I recall two Grav knowledge receipts for Flyer, but no Flyer Skill, and no Driver other than the HomeWorld Skill. Explain please, or at least point out where I missed the vitial info.
Pages 156 and 159 specify that the Grav knowledge for Driver and Flyer are applicable to both. So if you have Driver-0(Grav-1) plus Flyer-0(Grav-2), then what you really have is Driver-0(Grav-3) plus Flyer-0(Grav-3), which simplifies down to Driver-1(Grav-2) plus Flyer-1(Grav-2).

I actually asked you about this several days ago in the OOC thread. You did not reply, but pendragonman did, stating that it worked as above. Since you have allowed pendragonman to make other decisions about the Permatic campaign, I presumed that your lack of comment meant that you approved.

Quote:
Commendations are listed by the Undercover Career-N. So if they are in order they would be noted as IM Officer-3, Merch Stew-6, Merch Astro-5 and Citizen-2.
Umm, No (unless things are different IYTU). Page 109 says the format is Commendation-N, where N is the value of the Commendation. A notation can also be made for <Service> which in this case would be Agent or specifically Imperial Scout Service Ranger Branch (Rangers).

So either:
Commendation-6
or
ISS Rangers Commendation-6
would be proper.

The undercover assignment is only part of the term and does not figure into the calculation of Risk and Reward (which is where Commendations come from).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
- Fame 16 from Commendations, only for those with Need to Know
Which if was being a real dick about I would keep seperate from your Discovery Fame and then you lose the Fame 19+ Muster Out roll. Which if your Agent Fame is all that secret, would be proper. But I will let others comment on that before deciding...comments?
Comment As Requested: You are the GM and can decide if that is the way you want to be, but the RULES make no such distinction between Public Fame and Secret Fame on either page 109 (about Fame) or page 75 (stating that Fame 19+ allows extra Muster roll). EDIT: Heck, maybe 7 or 8 points worth of Agent fame made it into the public knowledge due to some big, major, newsworthy bust. That is all it would take, even under your interpretation. From your other comments about similarity to circuit-riding Deputy Marshals, certainly not everything the Rangers do is in secret.

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:16 AM..
Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:54 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykiller View Post
test

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

is there any way to roll, say, 2d6+1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Yes!

[roll0]
There is a whole subsection in FAQs under BBcodes about how to use the CotI die-roller. Besides adding in DMs as you have shown, you can even tell it to roll D dice and take the best N dice out of those. Lots more stuff I am probably forgetting; it is very flexible and for this tutorial I didn't want to confuse things by going into more than roll and rollv.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
Margrave

Quote:
Pages 156 and 159 specify that the Grav knowledge for Driver and Flyer are applicable to both. So if you have Driver-0(Grav-1) plus Flyer-0(Grav-2), then what you really have is Driver-0(Grav-3) plus Flyer-0(Grav-3), which simplifies down to Driver-1(Grav-2) plus Flyer-1(Grav-2).

I actually asked you about this several days ago in the OOC thread. You did not reply, but pendragonman did, stating that it worked as above. Since you have allowed pendragonman to make other decisions about the Permatic campaign, I presumed that your lack of comment meant that you approved.

To be absolutely clear, I did not state that the implication was that if you have Driver-0(Grav-1) plus Flyer-0(Grav-2), then what you really have is Driver-0(Grav-3) plus Flyer-0(Grav-3), which simplifies down to Driver-1(Grav-2) plus Flyer-1(Grav-2).

What I stated was that taking grav under driver and taking grav under flyer makes no difference. This does not imply that by taking grav twice under one and one under the other automatically gives you a skill level in both, especially since rotary craft are very very different than tracked vehicles. If I were the ref, I would rule that you can have grav 2 (driver 0) and grav 1 (flyer 0) but when it comes to operating grav vehicles you have the affect of grav-3. For any other type of vehicle or flyer, you would have skill-0

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:51 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
To be absolutely clear, I did not state that the implication was that if you have Driver-0(Grav-1) plus Flyer-0(Grav-2), then what you really have is Driver-0(Grav-3) plus Flyer-0(Grav-3), which simplifies down to Driver-1(Grav-2) plus Flyer-1(Grav-2).

What I stated was that taking grav under driver and taking grav under flyer makes no difference. This does not imply that by taking grav twice under one and one under the other automatically gives you a skill level in both, especially since rotary craft are very very different than tracked vehicles. If I were the ref, I would rule that you can have grav 2 (driver 0) and grav 1 (flyer 0) but when it comes to operating grav vehicles you have the effect of grav-3. For any other type of vehicle or flyer, you would have skill-0
Sorry, my misunderstanding. Though it could be from the fact that you explicitly stated your agreement with that interpretation.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:51 PM
Margrave

Quote:
Sorry, my misunderstanding. Though it could be from the fact that you explicitly stated your agreement with that interpretation.
I am not the Ref, and this is clearly the ref's call.

As is clear from my response, it was a guess on my part. I also didn't expect overt game-genie-ing.

Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Lightbulb Re: More on Grav.

I got a response on the Errata Discussion thread and it seems we actually are all sort of on track. Even me and my operational view.

Peep this thread wherein I have explained to me a piece of the puzzle I was missing not having spent a lot of time in VehicleMakers. So, keep the two Gravs noted seperately 1 for Driver and 2 for Flyer so that when it comes to rolling time we are all using the same numbers.

Comments? Or are we all working from the same page now?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC