Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
If you want a ship's locker, put some cash in the fund, and any reasonable basic gear (not weapons) gets taken from it until the fund is gone.
While I like that concept for private adventurers (consider it borrowed for future games!), it feels a bit odd for a government mission - especially for my character, as soldier on assignment. He has to contribute out of his personal funds for basic gear?

Quote:
As for a shotgun with slug - I don't quite think so. It would be slower, broader, and probably not penetrate as well, and may even be less energy on the round to boot.
Agreed. I was just speculating.

Quote:
As I said before, I'm not working out slug for a shotgun.
Sorry, I guess I missed where this was previously discussed.

Since the question about hand-loading our own ammo was not addressed, I assume we will not be allowed to do that?

Quote:
The Elephant gun is, per the rules, about a .60 cal rifle.
And Carson will go out looking for one to buy, as soon as lunch is finished.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 5th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

By the way, Dr. X is an old friend of mine; he's been in my FTF groups.

As for the ship - the ship itself is McBean's, not the Gov'ts.

If you want specific gear, the OS won't know unless SOMEONE asks. (And McPhee is modeled after the clueless engineer stereotype. He knows his tools, but don't count on him to actually THINK... (And his pips haven't even had time to tarnish!)

I am assuming, since it's rigged for sail, it's got a several hundred yards of essential rope, and about 150' of replacement. There's going to be gun spares.

As for what's on venus:
At present, 3 known colonies: Germany's, England's, and Italy's. Not a whole lot of civilian presence, and most of the UK thinks it's all lizardmen and dinos. The unfortunate side effect is that those who think they know dismiss that as propaganda, while those in the actual know realize that the colonies make Seattle (at this point, a frontier port town of about 3000) look tame and cosmopolitan. (Seattle is hitting a boom - in 1888-1890, it gains about 1000 people a month...)

The British colony is maybe seattle sized ... one town: Fort Collingswood.
the list of British Places on Venus:
Fort Collingswood. The reference.
Miraton 450 miles west
St Michael 400 miles south or Miraton, 600 SW of FtC.
Sherwoodton 300 miles east of St. Michael, 600 SSW of FtC
Alberta 500 miles ESE of Ft. C.
??? 700 mi NNW of FtC
Fort St. George 400 miles due north of ???
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:01 PM

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
And Carson will go out looking for one to buy, as soon as lunch is finished.
McBean will accompany him and also buy one, aalng with ammo for it, s it can be handy for long range, keeping the shotgun for short range...

Quote:
If you want a ship's locker, put some cash in the fund, and any reasonable basic gear (not weapons) gets taken from it until the fund is gone.
Quote:
As for the ship - the ship itself is McBean's, not the Gov'ts.
McBean also spends Ł 50 in general supplies for it...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:50 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
And, just a complication, the pay is for COMPLETED topo maps, not raw photos alone. Pay halved if the maps are not done.
Do we have anyone on board with Survey skill? I thought you said WT (Maps) was not good enough for doing this?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:53 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
McPhee looks to Charley.

"Color Davis is full-a-porky-pies, and I don't know he's actually sending us our Party Rocks Harts." snaps out Charley, while filing the daily reports.

McPhee, in an apparent attempt to not look like he's clueless as to what the cockney Lance Sjt is trying to say, utters. "Very Well, Lance Sjt. That, and if you can wiggle it, a hogshead of metal scraps.

I am afraid that I am as clueless as Lt McPhee as to the meaning of what C.C.C. just said. Color Davis? Full-a-porky-pies? Party Rocks Harts???

Would my character know this slang (or accent) after 10 years in the Army? Or do I need to send him back upstairs to ask C.C.C. what was meant?

And I know that a hogshead is a rather large barrel - would these be just random metal scraps?

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:

I am afraid that I am as clueless as Lt McPhee as to the meaning of what C.C.C. just said. Color Davis? Full-a-porky-pies? Party Rocks Harts???

Would my character know this slang (or accent) after 10 years in the Army? Or do I need to send him back upstairs to ask C.C.C. what was meant?

And I know that a hogshead is a rather large barrel - would these be just random metal scraps?
Colour is the mode of address/reference for a Colour Sarjeant, the senior non-warrant NCO grade in the Royal Army.

porky-pies is historic Cockney Rhyming Slang. Make an English roll at TN 4- (Native is always full Charisma)

And yes, McPhee has Survey. He'll teach it to any PC who wants. And there will be XP at conclusion of chapter, so you'll have at least two tries if you try to learn it. And I said Cartography will have lower TN's, not that it's totally useless, for the kind of specialty gear in use.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
porky-pies is historic Cockney Rhyming Slang.
I thought you generally dropped the part that rhymed, like 'apples' for 'stairs' and 'trouble' for 'wife'? I've both heard and read examples where it was just 'porkies', but it's the first time I've seen it spelled out in full.

Hans
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:05 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
porky-pies is historic Cockney Rhyming Slang. Make an English roll at TN 4- (Native is always full Charisma)
OK, just so I'm clear on this: translating that into game mechanics, I roll 2d6, hoping that one of them comes up 4-?

Will success also translate the Party Rocks Harts, or is this just for the porky-pies?

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 6th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

OK, just on the chance that is what I need to do, here are two d6 rolls:

(1d6)[4]

(1d6)[1]

BTW, in future, do you prefer rolls be made in the IC or OOC thread?

EDIT: OK, so both rolls are 4-, is that two successes? What does that mean in terms of results?

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
OK, just so I'm clear on this: translating that into game mechanics, I roll 2d6, hoping that one of them comes up 4-?

Will success also translate the Party Rocks Harts, or is this just for the porky-pies?
Arty Boxes Parts...

Porky-pies is lies...

Quote:
OK, just on the chance that is what I need to do, here are two d6 rolls:

[roll0]

[roll1]

BTW, in future, do you prefer rolls be made in the IC or OOC thread?

EDIT: OK, so both rolls are 4-, is that two successes? What does that mean in terms of results?

Yes, it is
I prefer rolls on the story thread. Chatter is off-topic, rather than specifically OOC; I've found OOC directives to be best left in the story threads, so that they don't get lost...
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene