Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old March 24th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Watch schedules are usually clearly posted somewhere in crew country ...
... so, is Jeb on watch at 7PM this evening?

(or) Are the topmen and engineers on liberty while the ship is in port?
Old March 24th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Watch schedules are usually clearly posted somewhere in crew country ...
... so, is Jeb on watch at 7PM this evening?

(or) Are the topmen and engineers on liberty while the ship is in port?
No one has had liberty for more than a day in months. Jeb last had liberty 8 days ago.

Normal is Evening watch (1500-1800) by one of the officers - Pilot, Chief Engineer, or McPhee, or a borrowed OS NCO. Night watch has been rotating 1 Jeb, 2 Bosun's Mate, 3 Daws, 4 Engineer's Mate

The chief engineer quit - family crisis, resulting in Tunnaud's hire.

The Rotation for Dinner (1800-2200), Swing (2200-0200), and dark (0200-0600) watches has been

Day1234
1800-2200TM JebBM ___TM DawsEM ___
2200-0200BM ___TM DawsEM ___TM Jeb
0200-0600TM DawsEM ___TM JebBM ___
sleep straightEM ___TM JebBM ___TM Daws

It is day (1d4)[3] - so Jeb's got watch in the dark of the morning
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old March 31st, 2014, 09:51 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Night watch has been rotating 1 Jeb, 2 Bosun's Mate, 3 Daws, 4 Engineer's Mate
Aramis, is the crew list in the Dramatis Personae now correct? Twelve persons aboard, leaving room for two more still?

Are the Asst Engineer and Engineer's Mate the same person, or two different people?

Where does the Bosun's Mate fit in the organizational tree or chain of command? What is his job?

Anybody else who should be on the list that I have left off?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Aramis, is the crew list in the Dramatis Personae now correct? Twelve persons aboard, leaving room for two more still?

Are the Asst Engineer and Engineer's Mate the same person, or two different people?

Where does the Bosun's Mate fit in the organizational tree or chain of command? What is his job?

Anybody else who should be on the list that I have left off?
The Bosun (not bosun's mate) is the hull maintenance crew, and the petty officer for the topmen as well. He answers to the Pilot.
The two topmen (Jeb and an as yet unnamed NPC) are the sailing crew - technically answerable to the bosun.
The Engineer (Tunnaud) and his mate are engine crew.
The two Gunners (Carson and Smithers) are answerable through dual chains to both McBean and McPhee.
The Bridge Crew is the Pilot and the Signalman. Airships lack a separate trimsman.
Lawton and the Dr. answer jointly to McBean and McPhee.
The Master of Record is McBean. The Mission director is McPhee.

All 13 crew accounted for.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:54 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
The Bosun (not bosun's mate) is the hull maintenance crew, and the petty officer for the topmen as well. He answers to the Pilot.
The two topmen (Jeb and an as yet unnamed NPC) are the sailing crew - technically answerable to the bosun.
The Engineer (Tunnaud) and his mate are engine crew.
The two Gunners (Carson and Smithers) are answerable through dual chains to both McBean and McPhee.
The Bridge Crew is the Pilot and the Signalman. Airships lack a separate trimsman.
Lawton and the Dr. answer jointly to McBean and McPhee.
The Master of Record is McBean. The Mission director is McPhee.

All 13 crew accounted for.
OK, so you are adding a Signalman we haven't heard about before, and changing the Bosun's Mate that you had on the watch list into a Bosun instead. Got it. Dramatis Personae will be updated.

Isn't McPhee also co-Pilot? Or is McBean our only Pilot?

So we now have 13 persons aboard, with space for one more.

I assume Carson and Smithers are sharing a stateroom (possibly whichever one is closest to the ladder or stairs or whatever is the quickest way to get to the turrets?). The Captain has his own stateroom. I have no idea of the arrangements of anyone else.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
OK, so you are adding a Signalman we haven't heard about before, and changing the Bosun's Mate that you had on the watch list into a Bosun instead. Got it. Dramatis Personae will be updated.

Isn't McPhee also co-Pilot? Or is McBean our only Pilot?

So we now have 13 persons aboard, with space for one more.

I assume Carson and Smithers are sharing a stateroom (possibly whichever one is closest to the ladder or stairs or whatever is the quickest way to get to the turrets?). The Captain has his own stateroom. I have no idea of the arrangements of anyone else.
No, there's only space for 13. 9 required crew, and 4 extra.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old March 31st, 2014, 11:13 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
No, there's only space for 13. 9 required crew, and 4 extra.
Hello? Please remember that I already spent considerable time doing a complete design of this airship, based on McPerth's specs and the guidelines that you gave me (including 10,000 cf hydrogen per ton of lift). I am rather familiar with the specs and applicable rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space:1889, p.82
Accommodations for up to 10 passengers and crew may be built for free. Accommodations for each additional passenger or crewmember cost 30 pounds [and one ton of mass].
Since McPerth's specs show four additional passenger/crew spaces, that gives a total capacity of 14 (10+4). (This should be four tons additional mass per p.82; I don't know why he has it marked as ten tons, but that should give us a little extra cargo tonnage.)

=================================================

EDIT: Furthermore, your own words:

Quote:
So 1/4 of 10 is 2.5, round up to 3@2=6. Captain can have 3. Leaves 6+4=10 for others. I need to lengthen the forward gondola a bit to get 19 rather than 14.
So we have the Captain's stateroom at 3 squares.

Then three single staterooms at 2 squares each = 6 squares.

Then 10 squares remaining would appear to be 5 double staterooms at 2 squares each.

1+3+10=14 passengers or crew.

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; April 1st, 2014 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: added Aramis prior calculation of accomodations
Old April 1st, 2014, 02:19 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen

Hmm. While not an M.D. Im the only Doctor on board. Do we have any kind of medical equipment? If not perhaps we should get some. Im sure the lab and my dissecting kit can do double duty for a few things but it might be good to have a full surgical kit on board.

We can use the empty state rooms as a sickbay if needed.

Unless I missed something that is....
Old April 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Hmm. While not an M.D. Im the only Doctor on board. Do we have any kind of medical equipment? If not perhaps we should get some. Im sure the lab and my dissecting kit can do double duty for a few things but it might be good to have a full surgical kit on board.

We can use the empty state rooms as a sickbay if needed.

Unless I missed something that is....
The staterooms (except for 3) are double occupancy. No empties. McBean, the Pilot, and McPhee probably should have the singles (the Pilot and McPhee insist on singles). Everyone else is in doubles. The engineers can easily get away with hammocks in the engine room if they want to not be in the main, and there are no shortage of places to hit a hammock in the Envelope and Tail. Unlike normal airships, this one has an air-tight envelope - at least when operating at altitude. Once it hits very high, the vents get closed, and the ether prop can push it up and away.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old April 1st, 2014, 07:17 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
The staterooms (except for 3) are double occupancy. No empties. McBean, the Pilot, and McPhee probably should have the singles (the Pilot and McPhee insist on singles). Everyone else is in doubles.
McBean already has a single as Captain.

You yourself calculated three more singles.
Quote:
So 1/4 of 10 is 2.5, round up to 3@2=6. Captain can have 3. Leaves 6+4=10 for others. I need to lengthen the forward gondola a bit to get 19 rather than 14.
That makes a total of four singles (counting the Captain), then five doubles.

If we have only 13 aboard (unlucky number, that!), then one of the doubles is only being occupied as a single.

Now who is this Pilot we are suddenly hearing about? Yet another person for the list? At least, that would make 14 and fill up the available staterooms.

SBRD Campaign Wiki