Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old January 28th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Default The Hiring - Chatter

Unless there's complaint otherwise, I'm going to fast forward to january and the actual "interviews"
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 28th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen

Sounds like a plan.
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Sounds like a plan.
Agreed

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:22 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

I still have some reservations about the meshing of our playstyles, but I would like another game to play in, and have plenty of time on my hands. I promise that I will do my best to play in accordance with the way you GM. Maybe I will learn something.

Did you say that there will be some contingent of soldiers accompanying this exploration group? I would be happy to create a young officer - or NCO if possible with only one career term (Soldier's Companion suggests all NCOs are older soldiers in second career term).

What would be something that would fit into the game at this point in time, when interviews are already/almost completed? (That is one reason I was thinking military man still in uniform; no interview necessary, just gets assigned to the job.)
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:13 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I still have some reservations about the meshing of our playstyles, but I would like another game to play in, and have plenty of time on my hands. I promise that I will do my best to play in accordance with the way you GM. Maybe I will learn something.
If my vote counts, wellcome aboard

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Gunner #1 is yours, SB. (Not that he has to be a qualified gunner, but that's the official position being filled). A 1 career NCO is likely to be a corporal, lance sergeant, or sergeant. Colour or Staff, unlikely, (but if the battalion was nearly eliminated...).

SSM,CSM,RSM all would be second career. As would any other warrant.

He can either be just mustered into the reserves, or still on active {IIRC, in the 1880's, you still couldn't actually get out of the Royal Army (or its subordinated services - Royal Cavalry, Royal Arty, Royal Engineers) except by retiring, deserting, being dishonorably discharged, or being disabled}.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:43 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Gunner #1 is yours, SB.
Oh, bad luck! In my gaming circle it's never a good omen to be the first goner (Indeed, the first gunner is normally an NPC with a penchant for wearing red).

Hans
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
Oh, bad luck! In my gaming circle it's never a good omen to be the first goner (Indeed, the first gunner is normally an NPC with a penchant for wearing red).

Hans
Hey, it also means he gets some poor schlub from the same Company to boss around! (There are two gunner positions.)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:06 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
If my vote counts, wellcome aboard
Thanks, McBean... err, McPerth.

Quote:
Gunner #1 is yours, SB. (Not that he has to be a qualified gunner, but that's the official position being filled). A 1 career NCO is likely to be a corporal, lance sergeant, or sergeant. Colour or Staff, unlikely, (but if the battalion was nearly eliminated...).

SSM,CSM,RSM all would be second career. As would any other warrant.
Thanks, Wil.

First career junior NCO he shall be, then. I just don't think I can manage with only 2 general points for customizing.

What Gunner skill should he have to operate ship's weapons? I've been following along mostly, but don't recall any specifics on that. He ought to at least be somewhat experienced with the appropriate weapon, or else why would he get the assignment?

Quote:
He can either be just mustered into the reserves, or still on active {IIRC, in the 1880's, you still couldn't actually get out of the Royal Army (or its subordinated services - Royal Cavalry, Royal Arty, Royal Engineers) except by retiring, deserting, being dishonorably discharged, or being disabled}.
I would just as soon he still be active duty, if that works with this mission.

Two more questions: 1) Would Royal Marines work better for this mission than Royal Army? 2) If so, would career just be same as Army? (Book mentions Royal Marines in center column on p.14, but have no career path for them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancke View Post
As a serving NCO in British Army, most regiments would have him wearing a red tunic, so I guess my guy's fate is to show how mean the monster is. I'd better have him carry a sharp knife to cut his way out from the inside.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:13 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Sorry, one more question. I've made several Space: 1889 characters over the past couple weeks, but still have never played any of them yet.

What sort of skill levels should I be aiming for? Is a 3 or 4 reasonable for something the character is supposed to be good at doing, or does it need to be higher? I've found it somewhat difficult to make a well-rounded character with more than one skill at 5+; skills at 3 or 4 are much easier to allocate.

SBRD Campaign Wiki