Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
He can try again in a week, or he can raise his offer immediately by 1s per man per day. we'll say that was 4th week of october.
Net week (1st week of November) he tries again, ready to raise the wadges this time if needed: (1d6)[5]

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Unlucky again, he raises the wadges to 3/- (4/6 for the Pilot) (1d6)[1]

Having hired a temporary crew for the trials at the raised cost of 1 5/6 (1*4/6 + 7*3/-) a day, the trials, both for atmospheric and extra-atmospheric flights begin (2 weeks planned).

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.

Last edited by McPerth; January 23rd, 2014 at 01:08 PM..
Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
Unlucky again, he raises the wages to 3/- (4/6 for the Pilot)

Having hired a temporary crew for the trials at the raised cost of 1 7/6 (1*4/6 + 8*3/-) a day, the trials, both for atmospheric and extra-atmospheric flights begin (2 weeks planned).
He's also invited down to Southampton by then. But he can reduce the topmen by 1 (due to crew rounding down - 1.5 men needed is 1). Or he can hire a gunner to test the mounts over the ocean.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:20 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Quote:
He's also invited down to Southampton by then. But he can reduce the topmen by 1 (due to crew rounding down - 1.5 men needed is 1). Or he can hire a gunner to test the mounts over the ocean.
(OOC: edited post to already reduce the topmen).

McBean does not want to test the guns without the Royal Navy knowing about it, so does not yet...

When trials are done, he takes the Highland Pride to Southampton, arriving after 2 days of flight (total cost 22 -/-) and makes his presence known to Major Fellows should he want to see the ship...

Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
(OOC: edited post to already reduce the topmen).

McBean does not want to test the guns without the Royal Navy knowing about it, so does not yet...

When trials are done, he takes the Highland Pride to Southampton, arriving after 2 days of flight (total cost 22 -/-) and makes his presence known to Major Fellows should he want to see the ship...
Arriving around the 23rd of November, a ground crew of 20 privates is assembled to tie down the Hiland Pride to the rugby pitch. She's actually tied to the goalposts. A Lieutenant is waiting, in dress reds. After propeller stop, he approaches. "Welcome to Southampton! Leftenant McPhee, at your service. The Major asked me to inspect the craft; he's in London until this evening. Permission to come aboard?" His accent is lowlands-east, but barely noticeable.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu dt f+ fs++ ge ih- inf j jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:38 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Quote:
Arriving around the 23rd of November, a ground crew of 20 privates is assembled to tie down the Hiland Pride to the rugby pitch. She's actually tied to the goalposts. A Lieutenant is waiting, in dress reds. After propeller stop, he approaches. "Welcome to Southampton! Leftenant McPhee, at your service. The Major asked me to inspect the craft; he's in London until this evening. Permission to come aboard?" His accent is lowlands-east, but barely noticeable.
"Permision given" answers McBean. "Wellcome aboard, Lieutenant, I'll guide you through the ship"

Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
"Permision given" answers McBean. "Wellcome aboard, Lieutenant, I'll guide you through the ship"
As he boards, the lieutenant takes a clipboard from a private, and begins to take copious notes. He asks about the possibility of mounting a new camera system - it's about a ton, and needs a photolab. (figure loss of two tons.) It must have a direct downward access, as it's for mapping.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:58 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Quote:
As he boards, the lieutenant takes a clipboard from a private, and begins to take copious notes. He asks about the possibility of mounting a new camera system - it's about a ton, and needs a photolab. (figure loss of two tons.) It must have a direct downward access, as it's for mapping.
"We can work on it, of course" answers McBean, "maybe a passenger's cabin may be used as laboratory if we can spare it, otherwise the photographic lab shuld be installed in the cargo hold, setting some interior walls."

McBean proudly shows the Inertial Compass to the Lieutenent. "I guess this can be quite useful, being an expedition to venus. It took some time for me to develop it" he tells him.

Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen

Quote:
Monday, the 18th of October, Great Western Hotel - while making preparations to check out, there's a knock at the door. A Royal Engineer private in dress red knocks upon the door, and upon it opening,

"Mister Dubois, Sir?" He stands smartly, a handled small draftsmans portfolio hangs from his ink-stained left hand, and his black pith helmet under same arm. A fair bit of brogue hints through.

Upon acknowledgement, he reaches into his portfolio, pulls a postal card, and says, "Major said to give this to ye' since I be driving the Leftenant, Sir."

It sets the appointment for noon on the 9th of January for interview, and is signed by the Major. Pinned to it is a note on the Major's calling card:
Cricket match and high tea to follow. -JF.
Henri writes a quick reply confirming the appointment and hands it to the private.

After the private has left he drafts a letter to Professor Augustin advising him of the interview and confirming his leave of absence.

He also wires his bank to transfer funds to the Bank of England to last him until the interview and beyond.
Old January 25th, 2014, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Henri writes a quick reply confirming the appointment and hands it to the private.

After the private has left he drafts a letter to Professor Augustin advising him of the interview and confirming his leave of absence.

He also wires his bank to transfer funds to the Bank of England to last him until the interview and beyond.
"Very good, Sir. I'll pass this on to the major when the leftenant and I get back." The Private then puts the note in the portfolio, and proceeds down the hall.

It will take a few days for the wire transfer. In the same timeframe, a telegram comes back approving the leave of absence, and asking if you're finishing the term, or staying to make preparations.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene