Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old January 10th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [T5 ATU] Big, Ocean & Hell World Random Trade Goods Sheet.

For those who might be interested in the Trade and Commerce of the Far Stars sector and the Permatic Imperium, I now present the Trade Goods sheet for Big, Ocean and Hell Worlds (See Attachment).

I have quite a lot of these types of Worlds in the Imperium and the Far Stars in general and they don't have any goods or other effect on the Trade system as far as I can see and I feel that if there is a Trade Classification there should be Trade Goods to purchase and/or sell there. While it was (not sure if it still is, but I sent a copy to Marc, Don and Rob before I posted it here and one other place) a Red Item on the great T5 Errata list that Don keeps, I figured two years is enough time for some else to have handled it and no one did. So, I handled it and now at 0600 CST I won't have the *ding* of the Reminder telling me to make the damn thing.

I like to think that the categories and entries make sense, but I am willing to hear and quite possibly take suggestions for changes. That said, here is the logic for the choices I made. We will start with Big Worlds.

Big Worlds.

I have several Big Worlds as Main Worlds in the Far Stars and one of my meatspace players (Mr. King Maker in Space) is the Baron of one, so they have been on my mind.

First off, by their nature Big Worlds are probably going to be dense with heavy gravity which suggests lots of minerals and ores so the first category is of course Raws with metals and radioactives. Since these worlds can have some nasty atmospheres (but not always) the inhabitants (non-Natives) tend to live in shelters and/or underground. Also, while those heavy metals sell well on the interstellar markets they aren't so good for humans or most sophonts so you get lots of interesting overstocks and cast offs which are in the Scrap/Waste category. Since they are often in the metals trade these worlds can be a good source of Samples, form ores to Iridium Sponges. Another good for trade common to the heavy worlds are gems, precious metals and coinage minted for low tech Imperial worlds. The fifth category keeps to our theorem and contains specialty minerals and stones. The last category is Uniques which spans Archaeologics to Monumental Art to Jewelry. Remember if you purchase any of these goods on Redsm, Captain Hawk, the 1st Baron Redsm gets a cut.

With that done we set our course to the nearest Ocean World.

Ocean Worlds

Not sure how many I have and too lazy to boot up the DB and check, but I do recall there being a few and again no Trade Goods. Bah, I said and forge ahead. This is the result.

First off I went with the ubiquitous Raws, in this case though it is mostly variants of foodstuffs, lots of bulk goods. Then we get to the next category which I thought should be and is (till someone suggest better or Marc puts out a different one) Consumables. Mostly meats and drinks, not a lot of vegetables and the meat is some aquatic flesh, rare is the land animal meat and that is probably imported, check the expiration date. One nice thing about the oceans are they are bountiful and full of interesting chemicals and from there we get to everyone's fave, drugs, or more properly Pharma. Mostly these are medical pharma though I am rather fond of the Attractants, they remind of musks and oils…and hunting fishes in the deeps. From there we move up the aisles. past the crap on the end caps and find ourselves in Novelties. These range from the deep dwelling Motile Plants to Non-Fossilized Carcasses (though watch out for the fresh ones, sometimes the bacterium like micro-life infects Travellers and attempts to "stabilize the dead flesh" of the living, not nice). Ocean worlds hold a veritable treasure trove of life and are often the site of some research vessel and the occasional holovid or memwafer studio shooting some sea epic or another. To this add the Imperial and Royal Navies getting the nuggets some real seafaring knowledge before shipping them off to the great black sea and you get quite a lot of Data up for grabs and transport on these worlds. The last category is Imbalances which I attempted to represent the types of worlds Ocean worlds would import stuff from. Oddly this was harder to justify as I thought it would be.

Well, the last stop on our tour is of course the home of the double pay contract, the Hell World.

Hell Worlds

Hell Worlds showed up early in my meatspace game as one of my players had several as Land Grants in the family back in the First Empire (or first run at a T5 playtest world) and that character's titles and penchant for Hell World grants holds to his descendant Rudolf, Count Interhaus.

Ah, the Hell World, smell the air…NO YOU IDIOT! Close your visor before…ah crap. Medic! So, where were we, oh yeah, hell. So, first thing you notice is the atmo is either tainted or killer. This is the kind of place that the Imperium requires employers pay double rates if someone works there.

Well, the good thing about these worlds is that are a really good source for some seriously noxious Gases, Dusts and your basic Minerals which are all in the Raws category. Moving on we find Entertainments, for much like their ancient Terran predecessors in the Pre-Jump Ages sophonts with horrible jobs and non-terrestrial living conditions the workers turn the arts for something to do when they aren't taking in a bit of education or culture. Quite a bit of quality art from Music to Writings can be found on Hell Worlds before they leak into the general Imperial culture. Around the corner we find the industrial end of these worlds in the Samples. These range from various environmental wear to the much sought after Hummingsand. Due to the bizarre and hostile environment these worlds are also a good source of Pharma, check them out right over here in the company store. While Ocean Worlds are good for medicinals, Hell Worlds have different pharmaceutical needs and often profit driven ones. Here one finds drugs to help you stay at work, keep you from killing the guy in two bunks down who keeps humming that same fanarking song, to drugs to deal with the after effects of the inevitable injury. Which of course brings us to the other side of such things, the Red Tape. Yep, from corporate backups, to Imperial Regulations to Money Cards to pay the workers, it is all in this category ripe for the pickings. And to round it out is another boring Imbalances category.

This is how it breaks down now and is only Canon for my Permatic Imperium and only till I start making a completely custom one for my ATU. Right now this one is pure Traveller5 Core Rules with no funny stuff (House Rules/Mods). So, if you are running the Third Imperium Setting then it should work just fine.

Enjoy and please comment if have quibbles or suggestions.

Laterness,
Craig.
(Who is having to put up the Ship's Cat while he types this.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf [T5 ATU] Big-Ocean-Hell World Trade Goods-1.pdf (58.1 KB, 3 views)
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; April 30th, 2016 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Title & Link. Quality Media Sellers & Buyers since the Third Imperium.
Old April 9th, 2014, 10:27 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question My Lords, Ladies, Sirs, Dames, Citizens & Subjects, your attention please!

I see by use of the Limited Junior Mod Powers I have been granted in this my own subforum that this thread has been viewed some 130 times at the time of this posting.

Could you please leave some feedback, even it "This sucks and you are a fanarking idiot!", really I am a grown man, won't be the first time I had idea gunned down. Once had a US Deputy Marshal take apart my lovingly researched years in the making supers law in about six questions. It took him one question, my one response to change not just my idea about how the law really worked but my opinion of President Lincoln. Learned very valuable lessons by that Deputy taking me seriously when I aksked his professional opinion of my work at, get this a Chicago Science Fiction Convention. ( Go Tribe Weird!) Also, he obvisously did not let me handle not only his replica cowboy revolver, much less his never saw it service weapon, he did let me hold the Holy Star. Damn that was too cool, you could kill a dude with it, heavy, big, cooool. Anyway, enough I love me. Thing is we spent hours in his room talking about my world, the basis of this ATU, working as a Marshal, and con stuff. But it started with "Look at my baby!" "OH, MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU STABBING IT?!"

So, if you haven't commented to save my feeling, please don't spare my feeling, give the truth. I can handle the truth!

Also, if you have downloaded or even better used it, some feedback would very useful. *sexy phone voice* I'll give you some Good Rep.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM

Gallery : 7
Visit Baron Saarthuran's Blog
Baron Saarthuran Citizen

I am reading this now and interpreting it for Ories. I like it.

Does Ories have native life? wildlife? does it have an ecosystem?

Is it ok if I run data on Heaven an Earth and take it from there? mod it for T5?
Old April 27th, 2016, 10:26 PM

Gallery : 9
SanDragon Citizen+SanDragon Citizen+

No!

Bad linky!

Dropbox!

mg- mt+ t5>++(**) ce fl ru+ ge !3i c- jt- au+ ls+ pi+ ta-- he++

Christopher 0301 X065A57-F S kk++ hi+ va+ dr+ vr+ vi-- A613

Duke Eneldun http://travellermap.com/world?sector...20Rim&hex=0326
Baron Overnale http://www.travellermap.com/world?se...rches&hex=1937
K.C.E.G. of Arnyl (Knight Commander of the Honorable Order of the Emperor's Guard) http://www.travellermap.com/world?sector=Deneb&hex=0930
Old April 28th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
I see by use of the Limited Junior Mod Powers I have been granted in this my own subforum that this thread has been viewed some 130 times at the time of this posting.

Could you please leave some feedback, even it "This sucks and you are a fanarking idiot!", really I am a grown man, won't be the first time I had idea gunned down.
I'm just skimming for spam...

ETA: And I can't access the file in you dropbox, because it's not set to public.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.

Last edited by aramis; April 28th, 2016 at 02:05 AM..
Old April 28th, 2016, 12:43 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Dropbox says I have no business trying to peek in that box.

So my only comment is "No comment."
Old April 28th, 2016, 12:56 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Dropbox says I have no business trying to peek in that box.

So my only comment is "No comment."

Same here.

Sorry, but no copy no comment.
Old April 28th, 2016, 01:09 AM

Gallery : 100
flykiller Citizen+flykiller Citizen+flykiller Citizen+

Quote:
this thread has been viewed some 130 times at the time of this posting.
heh. I've seen some of mine go 400 views with no response.

a requirement of posting material for other people to use is that they be able to use it. it's good to read the background/story/ if you have the time, but I usually don't. I think I would look at it more closely if it were a chart for quick comprehension backed by a story if I have time. also, there are not so many ocean/hell/big worlds, and I would tend to treat them as special cases rather than as subjects for a general purpose chart.
Old April 28th, 2016, 02:42 AM

Red face Messages received!

Hey everyone, just noticed the interest and the problem.

Will fix on Friday night CST. Sorry about the error.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

A short between the seat and the keyboard?

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.