Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old August 23rd, 2014, 01:37 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

My understanding is that Victor/Vladika, Niven/SType, and Wilson/Magnus are still doing some recon as to "what happened?", to be followed by picking up those weapons and armor and going back to meet with Gayne/Chaos and Bruno/Thanos and Henry and Nero and Heather. Then perhaps exchange some recorded and encrypted comms with Fortunate Son if they feel they need approval from the Captain for anything they have planned.

The metagame problem is that I don't want to lead everything with NPCs, but 1) I think we can expect limited posting from Chaos/Gayne until there is combat or he sees some opening for a humorous observation; 2) both Vladika and Thanos have been "absent" for some time, which would let me run their characters as NPCs pursuant to our Four Day Rule, but again I don't really want to lead the action that way; and 3) our two active PCs on the ground, Niven/SType and Wilson/Magnus, have only tenuous connections with Fortunate Son.

Arthur, if you would like to help resolve this crisis, perhaps you could take over as temporary player of either Henry, Nero, or Heather? Or even Bruno, unless Thanos shows up to run him. Actually, this could work also for any other Players whose PCs are currently stranded on shipboard with lack of action: ErianFrost or Timerover, would either of you like to take over one of the "unmanned" characters on XII-H, to get back involved in the immediate action?

Quote:
At this point, I just want to see some forward movement in the plot so the people who came to play (including the new kid) can actually get to play.
*snip* Giving other players a chance to jump in is all well and good, but at some point you need to just play with the players that show up.
Excellent points. If some of y'all that are still in this to play want to grab some of the available NPCs (Henry, Bruno, Nero, Heather) then we can get this thing rolling into some of the more exciting bits (or at least finish up this adventure and get on your way to the next system to see what trouble you can get into there).

EDIT: Anybody know what's up with Thanos? Just checked his user stats, and last log-in here was in April.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 23rd, 2014 at 02:59 AM..
Old August 25th, 2014, 10:42 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Excellent points. If some of y'all that are still in this to play want to grab some of the available NPCs (Henry, Bruno, Nero, Heather) then we can get this thing rolling into some of the more exciting bits (or at least finish up this adventure and get on your way to the next system to see what trouble you can get into there).
OK, I reread the last 10 pages of the IC thread to refresh my memory.
I'd like to jump in with Heather ... as a former Marine, a current security consultant and someone whose only motivation is to rescue the wife of her friend, her actions and motives should be fairly obvious.

a few quick questions ...
1. What time is it? (past 1920, but not sure how far past)

2. Did she have any luck with security cameras?
One thing that she should be able to determine with minimal risk is whether there are cameras in the main corridor, and what kind they are - that seems to be how she makes a living on the main world. Anybody who plays tag with protectors and their encryption should be able to spot and identify hardware.

3. Her basic skills and equipment?
I didn't see her in the NPC Wiki and am a little fuzzy on where the people other than Niven, Victor and Wilson are at and what they have.

I wanted to leave Nero in Ref control since you are doing such a good job of keeping him a bit pushy and more than a bit unpredictable.
Old September 12th, 2014, 07:31 AM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question Bumpity-bump!

Hey folks,

Where did everyone go? I remember we were playing and then a sudden silence, did I miss something, tick everyone off and make them quit, sudden attacks of rabid space pirate ninja monkeys steal everyone's computers?

Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old September 12th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

I read you loud and clear...
Is that an echo I hear?
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 12th, 2014, 08:54 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Still waiting ...
The Ref seems to be M.I.A. at the moment.
Old September 15th, 2014, 09:35 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

SpaceBadger has not logged in or posted for a while ...
... I extend my prayers for his well being.
Old September 15th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
SpaceBadger has not logged in or posted for a while ...
... I extend my prayers for his well being.
Almost a week.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 17th, 2014, 05:34 PM

Visit atpollard's Blog

Still no sign.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:33 PM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question A log on!

Well, I hope this good news, I just checked and it appears that he was here at around 0912 CST yesterday.

Hopefully that means I get to read one of those dreaded Ref apology posts. I do so hate writing them, but it might be fun to read one.

Heeellllooo, SpaceBadger, come in SpaceBadger. This is the Imperial Starship We Want To Play, are you receiving?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; September 23rd, 2014 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Yesterday. 12, not 32.
Old September 24th, 2014, 02:23 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Hi, guys. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

My trigeminal neuralgia has been worse the past few weeks - not sure the meds are helping much at all. Most of my time I am either on enough meds to knock me out and let me sleep (16-18 hours most days), or else if awake the combination of pain and pain meds interferes with concentration and limits me to fairly passive activity like watching Netflix and skimming FaceBook.

I am going to see my endocrinologist on 9/25 to see if he will finally clear me for neurosurgery that may help. It has been postponed three times this summer due to my blood sugars being too high (I also have diabetes). If cleared, then I need to get on the neurosurgeon's schedule, within the next 30 days or so I hope. I hope that after the surgery I will be able to get back to regular posting and games here.

Who knows, I could be feeling better any day and get stuff caught up here for you guys. Or maybe whenever I wake up from my surgery I'll be all better (except that apparently half my face will be numb from then on, which will take some getting used to) and I will be all fired up to post from my hospital bed. Sorry I can't give better estimate.

Seems like in this game I need to:
- write up info gathered by Heather per ATP's last post
- sketch a map of the facility since it seems my text description isn't enough
- roll up results for Streetwise checks for the guys currently at Hotrocks Bar following the trail of the shipping container

Anything else I'm forgetting?

By the way, has anybody looked at the Story Synopses that I put up on our SBRD Wiki awhile back? Anything important you felt was left out?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki