Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old August 14th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
[OOC: I heard something about a map so we could hustle after these dudes and our possible kidnap victim. Any word on that or are we just winging it? Oh, and dibs on the Droyne's boom box! ]
IF you make it back. Remember that is this whole thing goes sideways, Max is a reformed, convicted pirate stuck on a stolen ship full of Lanthanum with a full tank of fuel.

We would never abandon our own, but if the client and the prisoner and the rescue party all get themselves killed ... I see no reason to deliver the ransom or return to HATE or HELL or whatever that place is called.
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
SType Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[Sorry about the directions being so confusing in Nexus-Under. I'll get out GIMP and see if I can make some kind of rough sketch, at least w the major avenues and some coordinate numbers for reference.]

[OOC: SpaceBadger-any chance you can ping Victor? I feel Niven has done as much as he can for the time-being without running away with the story. We really need additional intel, which Niven could potentially get from his employer--but it seems like it would be better for the game to engage the rest of the players. Niven is certainly not prepared to approach the crew at either set of airlocks without a plan and full buy-in from Victor (and very quite possibly from Fortunate Son as well.)]
Old August 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
[OOC: SpaceBadger-any chance you can ping Victor? I feel Niven has done as much as he can for the time-being without running away with the story. We really need additional intel, which Niven could potentially get from his employer--but it seems like it would be better for the game to engage the rest of the players. Niven is certainly not prepared to approach the crew at either set of airlocks without a plan and full buy-in from Victor (and very quite possibly from Fortunate Son as well.)]
I'll try. Under our "Four Day Rule" I can write some stuff for Victor if Vladika doesn't step up, but I hate to do too much major stuff through NPCs. Victor's connection to Fortunate Son is rather tenuous as well.

Victor approached Niven through the connection with Fortunate Son crewman Bruno (played by Thanos, also AWOL), who was acting as proxy for Captain Kalos Thar. So Niven knows about Bruno and his team being in Nexus-Under, hiding out while Victor went to meet with Niven and follow up on leads to what happened after Augschmidt arrived here.

You might want to continue a bit with the recon, but then get back to "the hideout" and confer w Nero Vulpinerrin - maybe a recorded comm to Kalos as well (pretty sure they are too far away for realtime conversation). That could at least get Niven (and Magnus's guy) some direct connection with Nero.

I'd really like to keep this player-driven as much as possible, not railroad you guys with NPCs making decisions. Sort of a problem when some players don't show up to play their PCs.

I *will* get on that map today - have had some medical issues distracting me.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:43 PM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question Hello, hello? Is this thing on?

Just wondering what was going on. The last I recall we we standing in a corridor trying to get the map app working. How's that going?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:03 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

The "map" won't have a great deal of detail, pretty much just what I have already described in text, but trying a graphic form in case that communicates better. Really, SType's summary repeating back the layout was spot-on, so y'all really could proceed with that, especially just for purpose of further recon as suggested before going back to confer with Gayne, Henry, Bruno, Nero, and Heather.

Sorry for delay on map, have had a lot of pain issues past week and feeling somewhat down since my possibly-fix-it-all surgery has been delayed another month, so drifting back and forth from extreme pain to being rather sedated by painkillers, neither of which is conducive to firing up GIMP and getting sketchmap done.

BTW, your characters actually have a much better map, electronic charts detailing passages, compartments, etc down to smallest alleys, which info will be available upon request, although I have neither time nor interest in actually mapping this place out down to that level, especially as you'll never see 95% of it. There may also be some variance between the map and the territory, since those charts were from the time the mines were closed, and some changes have been made since then.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:37 AM

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question Soooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
The "map" won't have a great deal of detail, pretty much just what I have already described in text, but trying a graphic form in case that communicates better. Really, SType's summary repeating back the layout was spot-on, so y'all really could proceed with that, especially just for purpose of further recon as suggested before going back to confer with Gayne, Henry, Bruno, Nero, and Heather.

Sorry for delay on map, have had a lot of pain issues past week and feeling somewhat down since my possibly-fix-it-all surgery has been delayed another month, so drifting back and forth from extreme pain to being rather sedated by painkillers, neither of which is conducive to firing up GIMP and getting sketchmap done.

BTW, your characters actually have a much better map, electronic charts detailing passages, compartments, etc down to smallest alleys, which info will be available upon request, although I have neither time nor interest in actually mapping this place out down to that level, especially as you'll never see 95% of it. There may also be some variance between the map and the territory, since those charts were from the time the mines were closed, and some changes have been made since then.
Then what is the hold up asked the new guy.

At this point, as far as my character is concerned this Victor's show and I am pretty much in as muscle with a bit of brains.

Fellow players? Hello? What are we doing?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old August 22nd, 2014, 09:20 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
Fellow players? Hello? What are we doing?
My best guess is that the players with characters on the ground are dealing with something in Real Life, while the players with characters on the ship are stuck just (im)patiently waiting with you.

Hey referee, I can play a 'redshirt' on the ground if you just want someone to participate in the ground action ... absent leadership, someone needs to step up and fill the role.

As someone watching from the sidelines (not a complaint, just a perspective), what ever happened to getting those supplies?
They seem to be headed towards 'running into the bad guys' without their expensive armor and weapons ... shouldn't there be a phone call somewhere along this chapter?

I admit that I have not been following the ground party ultra-closely, but is there another NPC that I could use to jump in?
At this point, I just want to see some forward movement in the plot so the people who came to play (including the new kid) can actually get to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
[OOC: SpaceBadger-any chance you can ping Victor? I feel Niven has done as much as he can for the time-being without running away with the story.
... Or Niven could just go ahead and run away with the show.
Giving other players a chance to jump in is all well and good, but at some point you need to just play with the players that show up.

Last edited by atpollard; August 22nd, 2014 at 12:35 PM..
Old August 22nd, 2014, 09:33 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

[OOC: If Max was there, he would be heading down that main corridor looking to schmooze (Liaison/Streetwise) with everyone he met to find another pair of eyes that saw the strange parade.
Realistically, the unpressurized sections are more likely than outside ... if they wanted to be outside, then why enter the complex at all?
Someone with electronics/computer skill might be able to examine the actual bulkhead doors and query the control panel buffer on when they were used recently ... the door to the outside was used two hours ago and 11 days ago, while the unpresurized door has been used every two hours for the last 3 days ... that sort of thing.]
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
[OOC: If Max was there, he would be heading down that main corridor looking to schmooze (Liaison/Streetwise) with everyone he met to find another pair of eyes that saw the strange parade.
Realistically, the unpressurized sections are more likely than outside ... if they wanted to be outside, then why enter the complex at all?
Someone with electronics/computer skill might be able to examine the actual bulkhead doors and query the control panel buffer on when they were used recently ... the door to the outside was used two hours ago and 11 days ago, while the unpresurized door has been used every two hours for the last 3 days ... that sort of thing.]
[OOC: It might be too risky to talk to everyone in the area... we don't want word to spread that we're looking for these guys. At best, they'd probably see us as competition for the lanthanum; at worst, they'd suspect we were hired by Nero, and they'd just kill his wife.]
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
[OOC: It might be too risky to talk to everyone in the area... we don't want word to spread that we're looking for these guys. At best, they'd probably see us as competition for the lanthanum; at worst, they'd suspect we were hired by Nero, and they'd just kill his wife.]
[OOC: At least then the plot would move forward ... 13 days real time standing in the road waiting for someone to think of something to do or say ... ]