Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 27th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
One small OOC point needs to be mentioned here, unless I misunderstood earlier in the game, the world is 3 days inside the solar jump shadow. If that is the case, then either we are still heading for jump (unlikely) or three days have passed since we took off and we have settled into a more or less normal jumpspace routine.

So please clarify the date or correct my misunderstanding from the inbound trip.
No, the ship has already jumped at the 100-D limit of the world as stated.

The reason that you had the previous three day trip was that first exit was chosen for the GG to skim fuel, then y'all changed your minds and went to the world from there.

The Fortunate Son is in Jump on its way to Nexus, as previously stated.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
OOC: Out of the loop for a while.
Make that for the indefinite future. (As before) use Henry as you see fit. RL has far too much in it, so I must dial back on my diversions!

Badger, thanks for putting together a great campaign!

Luck and good health to you all.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:53 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Make that for the indefinite future. (As before) use Henry as you see fit. RL has far too much in it, so I must dial back on my diversions!

Badger, thanks for putting together a great campaign!

Luck and good health to you all.
Sam, I understand completely, and hope things get under control soon. Henry is yours whenever you want.

For the rest of y'all still playing, you may have noticed I have not been on as much the past week, as I have been either sitting at my Mom's hospital bedside or running errands or driving back and forth between home and St Louis. I try to check in at least once/day as both hospital and hotel have WiFi, but I'm not really thinking of new stuff to push the action along unless y'all do something that I can respond to.

I have several hooks prepared for once you get to Nexus, depending on what sorts of actions you choose to take as looking for rumors, patrons, new cargo, whatever. Then it will be up to y'all what sounds interesting that you want to follow up on.

As for the remaining time in Jump, I'm just watching for any work on the ship on Max's list, or any social interaction w NPCs that I need to respond to. Dave, if Doc is interested in getting to know Nero and Marisa better, I'm sure they'd both be interested in killing time w some card games (friendly, not for real money), and I had an idea that Nero could offer to teach Doc a new game that is the current In Thing on Devonia, so whatever you want to do as far as that goes. (Anybody else interested could also sit in on those games as well.)

If y'all aren't interested in playing through Jump and just want to exit in Nexus and get started on that stuff, just tell me and we will figure up if all the work got done or if some is still left to do, then do the Jump Exit at Nexus and go on from there.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:16 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Doc needs to talk with the Captain while in Jump
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:45 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Doc needs to talk with the Captain while in Jump
So write something in IC where Doc comms or goes to the Captain and talks to him. Maybe he'll respond.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Are we there yet?
Dude, you're the pilot. That isn't the kind of question to inspire confidence among crew and passengers...

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

OK, so... stuff to do in Jump, if anybody wants...

1) Doc talking to Hampton about having fixed up Nero for free and possible future bargaining use - happening right now.

2) Assorted people doing assorted repairs according to their skills and available parts: we decided that all of the needed parts for Max's short-list of repairs were picked up on Devonia. Plus there were a bunch of pesky low-bidder connectors that Max had identified as needing replacement, about 4 or 5 person-hours of lifting floor plates, replacing cable-end connectors, and plugging them back in again.

3) Anybody wants to socialize w the passengers either in hopes of making contacts or just to be friendly, just start up a conversation in IC and I will try to hold up my end from there. (I think I mentioned that Nero and Marisa are also fond of playing cards, if Doc or anyone wants to go somewhere w that.)

Passengers are: Nero Vulpinerrin (convalescing from getting shot), Marisa Vulpinerrin (Nero's wife), Wawepaba (Bwap administrator for Nero's company), Jordan (Nero's assistant/bodyguard).

4) Any interpersonal stuff you guys want to do in jump.

I guess I'll just watch a day or so to see if any of y'all start anything up - haven't seen much this past week - and if there isn't any action we'll just move along to Jump Exit in Nexus system (I'll assume the repairs got done even if not expressly stated).

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; October 5th, 2013 at 10:56 PM..
Old October 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Some thoughts while reading discussion between Hampton and Doc about how best to utilize the favor owed to them by Nero for medical treatment.

If anyone wants to make contacts through the NPCs while on Nexus (other than a blunt "you owe me a favor") it might be helpful to get to know them a bit while in Jump. You don't necessarily need to roleplay this out if you don't want to, but at least a note saying your character is initiating some conversation or activity with a particular NPC would lay a little groundwork for later interaction at the starport.

Both Nero and Marisa are very sociable and amenable to socializing in the passenger lounge, playing games, etc. Both would be interested in guided tours of the ship.

Wawepaba stays mostly in his stateroom, even having meals delivered there if one of the stewards is available, otherwise getting his food and taking it back to his stateroom.

Jordan wears workout clothes most of the time in jump, and spends a lot of time in the passenger lounge sitting and reading a datapad, or else doing pushups and crunches and martial-art stretching exercises (something like tai chi).

EDIT: Crew can check on the location and activity of passengers at any time through Alfred and Jarvis. Passengers may have the illusion of solitude or privacy aboard ship, but in reality, not so much. Of course, such covert observation of passengers is subject to review by higher officers aboard ship, so don't abuse it (unless you are Hampton; in space, the Captain is King).

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; October 6th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: added note
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:45 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: What he is suggesting is some practice brawling, w no rules as to style, but practice rules to avoid blows or holds that are likely to result in injury.
I've been thinking this over and wondering how well it would actually work - would this kind of practice just be asking for somebody to get hurt?

Would it be better to separate grappling/throwing styles from striking styles?

How do those UFC guys practice?

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; October 10th, 2013 at 12:02 AM..
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
How do those UFC guys practice?
Gloves. Not the big ones, but gloves, nonetheless.