Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default [SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 02 (Nexus)

Fortunate Son (2040 shiptime, 3731-08-15)

Wells Fargo VII having passed without any further exchange of messages, missiles, or coherent photons, Fortunate Son and Leozard reach Devonia's 100-D limit without further incident.

Donoma checks the Navigation program's jump parameters against her own and makes a few minor tweaks, then passes the corrected parameters to Hampton and to Leozard.

Hampton approves the parameters and presses the Go button on his holo-console. The Jump drive sucks in an enormous quantity of liquid hydrogen, and blue energy fields crackle out through the jump grid all over the exterior of the ship. If anyone looks quickly enough, they can see a similar phenomenon engulfing Leozard. Then there is a brilliant flash and the exterior sensors show nothing - or at least nothing perceptible to Human senses; the readings are correct for a normal entry into Jumpspace.

For the next 168 hours, plus or minus a few, Fortunate Son will be at the center of its own little universe... and then: Nexus sysem.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; October 13th, 2013 at 12:33 AM..
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:42 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, In Jump, (2045 shiptime, 3731-08-15)

Now that the ship is safely in jump space en route to Nexus, I am sure that many of the crew will wish to catch up on some sleep (you've all had a long work day), and since Nexus runs on shiptime you may want to be getting your sleep schedules back in synch w that.

Will there be some sort of watch schedule while in Jump?

[OOC: IMTU there really isn't anything for Pilot or Navigator to do while in Jump; you just want to have a Pilot on the Bridge as you get near the expected time for Jump Exit, in case there is any emergency to be dealt with on exit.]

I believe Max still had some work that needed doing in places all over the ship, opening up floors to replace connectors.

As I noted before, y'all might want to work out some plan w Nero for checking through his freight containers to see what is actually in each one. It is Nero's freight, but y'all have a reasonable interest in checking it out since your payment will be a percentage of profit on his sale of that freight.

Jarvis will also advise that Wewepaba is still not happy with conditions in his stateroom, but that can wait until "tomorrow" after everyone has had some sleep.

There are also some robots to work on, in the med-bay and one of the drive rooms, as Henry brought back some repair parts and a junked engineer bot that needs a new control core.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:25 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: IMTU there really isn't anything for Pilot or Navigator to do while in Jump; you just want to have a Pilot on the Bridge as you get near the expected time for Jump Exit, in case there is any emergency to be dealt with on exit.]
[OOC: If no one watches the sensors, then how will we know when the tentacled jump monsters come into view? Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but I read these boards, too........ ]

Once the systems are securely transitioned to "jump mode", Donoma turns to Hampton. "So, captain, we have an item we didn't really have a chance to discuss before - what with all the excitement of getting our cargo and getting out of town - those wonderful 'other duties as assigned'. I know you're not paying me to do nothing but sit on my pugo and eat your food for a week, so you'll want to work me into the assignments. (I assume you run a 24 hour engineer watch, at least.) You know my qualifications cover just about everything but gunnery at least a little. Tell me where and when you want me to start."

Donoma looks significantly more relaxed than she did on planet.

"Oh, do you mind if I bring an item up to the bridge? Sort of a ... totem, I guess. An antique ship's compass."
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM

Gallery : 15
samuelvss Citizen

Henry's going to work out with Max what sort of watch schedule he proposes; we have done it before, but specifically he is going to try to work on installing some of the parts they picked up, and getting the engineering bot up to speed.

SVSS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Leave the gun; take the cannoli."
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:10 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
Henry's *** going to try to work on installing some of the parts they picked up, and getting the engineering bot up to speed.
Examining the engineering-assistant bot in the Upper Drive Room and comparing it to the junked one that Henry bought from Ruthie, it appears that the best result would be gotten by transferring the control core from the old bot into the junked bot, which really is in better shape overall.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Quote:
Now that the ship is safely in jump space en route to Nexus, I am sure that many of the crew will wish to catch up on some sleep (you've all had a long work day), and since Nexus runs on shiptime you may want to be getting your sleep schedules back in synch w that.

I believe Max still had some work that needed doing in places all over the ship, opening up floors to replace connectors.
Unless he's needed elsewhere, Kalos is turning in for the night. In the morning, he'll talk to Max about helping with the manual labor. His first job aboard a ship was as a Mechanic, and he still remembers a thing or two.
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Fortunate Son, In Jump, (0600 shiptime, 3731-08-16)

[OOC: If we've finished OOC discussing preparation of pastry, perhaps it is time to move the IC game forward a bit? ]

DING DING DING! It is 0600 shiptime, and for anybody who wasn't on "overnight" watch, time to get up and get to work.

Going down the roster:

[OOC: still haven't heard from Sabredog about Hampton's actions since going into Jump; if he decided that a watchstander was necessary on the Bridge even in Jump (not SOP as not required), then he was a generous Captain and took that watch himself, fortified by caff drinks; if no Bridge watch, then he got a good "night's" rest and is ready for the day.]

Kalos got a good rest and is ready to face the day; either on Bridge watch if Hampton decided that was necessary, or else doing Mechanic work as assigned by Max on the ship repair short-list (see end of this post).

Donoma also got a good rest and is ready to put her tech skills to work as assigned by Max (see repair short-list at end of this post). (Since she has Gravitics-1, the air-raft maintenance might be a good job for her.)

Max may be a little short on sleep; although he was able to sack out after turning the Engineering watch over to Henry, I expect based on previous actions that Max probably took a shorter rest period, then got up early to prepare some delicious breakfast for everyone else to get a good start on their day, including the passengers. Whatever else Max decides to do this dayshift, he may also want a bit of a nap.

Doc may also be a bit short on sleep, depending on whether he felt it necessary to stay up (or get up at intervals) to keep an eye on his patient in Med-Bay. [Use of the medical stun device can make sure that Nero stayed asleep, resting and healing, for whatever periods Doc chose to be absent from Med-Bay.] Doc now has the replacement parts to complete any necessary repairs on the Med-Bay robots, or to work on the Cargo Bots if he chooses (see repair short-list at end of this post).

[OOC: Sam said he will be offline for a bit. Based on this post, it appears to me that Henry took the overnight Engineering watch while working on bots, so...] Henry spent the nightshift exchanging control cores and making minor repairs to get the junked bot from Ruthie into shape as a functional Upper Drive Room engineer assistant bot, so Henry now wants a good cleanup, a bite to eat, and some sacktime.

Gayne probably got a good "night's" rest and is ready for whatever duties are assigned. As he does not have any tech skills, he might assist Doc with care of Nero, or help out in the Cargo Bay where his strength will be quite welcome.

Bruno might work in the Cargo Bay checking all of those freight containers to see what is really in them; since it is freight that is still owned by Nero's company, someone should talk w Nero first to work out an arrangement on that, as to whether he wants one of his people also present for the opening/checking work. [Bruno could also assist in any of the repair tasks on Max's short-list, or could stand an Engineering watch to free up Max for other work; I've added Engr-0 to Bruno's skills, not real Engr skill but enough to let him stand a watch and call for help if needed.]

Benjamin can assist whoever is working in Cargo checking those containers.

Janna will be busy with steward work on this first day in Jump, helping the passengers get settled in, showing them how things work in the Passenger section and how to request assistance from Jarvis, taking care of meals, etc. First thing, (either after Hampton is up, or before he goes to sleep if he took nightwatch), she asks Hampton or Max about letting Wewepaba adjust the temp/humidity settings in his cabin to Bwap levels of comfort.

Max's Short-List for Repairs (parts are now onboard for all of these tasks):
Air raft (32 man hours)
Fuel Purifier (39 man hours)
Assistant Engineer Bot (Lower Drive Room bot, not the UDR one Henry that replaced) (5 man hours)
Cargo Bots (32 man hours) [to fix all 4]
Forklift (11 man hours)
Hardpoint Maintenance (empty hardpoints) ( 10 man hours)
Faulty Power Connectors (5.25 man hours)

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 26th, 2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old September 26th, 2013, 02:18 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Donoma will obviously work where assigned, but will offer to help Doc with his fixin'-up, if he wants the help. (She has gathered that a lot of folks on this ship have some technical expertise - including Doc - and is thinking in terms of spreading her help around a bit, rather than too many cooks around one pot.)
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
[OOC: If we've finished OOC discussing preparation of pastry, perhaps it is time to move the IC game forward a bit? ]

DING DING DING! It is 0600 shiptime, and for anybody who wasn't on "overnight" watch, time to get up and get to work.

Going down the roster:

Doc may also be a bit short on sleep, depending on whether he felt it necessary to stay up (or get up at intervals) to keep an eye on his patient in Med-Bay. [Use of the medical stun device can make sure that Nero stayed asleep, resting and healing, for whatever periods Doc chose to be absent from Med-Bay.] Doc now has the replacement parts to complete any necessary repairs on the Med-Bay robots, or to work on the Cargo Bots if he chooses (see repair short-list at end of this post).

from my post in chapter 1
Quote:
Doc tells Nero and his wife that Nero should stay in the sickbay for the night. Also over the next week no over doing it and to keep his heart rate low. Doc will give Nero something to make him sleep for most of the night so that he can heal.

After Nero is out and his wife is not present, Doc will tell Alfred to monitor for any dramatic changes in Nero's vitals and inform him as soon as there are any. Doc will then go to the galley and grab some food. After which he will go to his quarters and take a good shower and get to bed.

Setting the alarm for 0400 hrs assuming that Alfred does not wake him, Doc will grab some more food and coffee with an extra cup for Nero, head back to the sickbay by 0430 hours. There Doc will monitor Nero's progress and make some notes for Nero and his wife to follow along with prescribing some medication for Nero to take for pain and what to watch for (like bleeding, soreness, and what to do, not do over the following weeks.)
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:29 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Fortunate Son, In Jump, (0630 shiptime, 3731-08-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
from my post in chapter 1
Quote:
Doc tells Nero and his wife that Nero should stay in the sickbay for the night. Also over the next week no over doing it and to keep his heart rate low. Doc will give Nero something to make him sleep for most of the night so that he can heal.

After Nero is out and his wife is not present, Doc will tell Alfred to monitor for any dramatic changes in Nero's vitals and inform him as soon as there are any. Doc will then go to the galley and grab some food. After which he will go to his quarters and take a good shower and get to bed.

Setting the alarm for 0400 hrs assuming that Alfred does not wake him, Doc will grab some more food and coffee with an extra cup for Nero, head back to the sickbay by 0430 hours. There Doc will monitor Nero's progress and make some notes for Nero and his wife to follow along with prescribing some medication for Nero to take for pain and what to watch for (like bleeding, soreness, and what to do, not do over the following weeks.)
Marisa Vulpinerrin comes to the sickbay about 0630 to check on how Nero is doing.

[OOC: Had Doc put the medical stun device back on Nero, or was he letting Nero just sleep naturally?]

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 27th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: fixed timestamp