Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default [SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 02

Placeholder for OOC discussions as we move on into Chapter 02.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Woohoo! Off we go!
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Soooooo quiet on the IC thread. Did everyone fall asleep at their stations? Should I get Alfred to pump some music through the workspaces of the ship?
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Dunno what's up in IC; maybe everybody is resting after all the activity last week.

Hmm, I can't send pirates to stir things up since y'all are in Jump; maybe some of those jumpspace monsters you mentioned?
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Dunno what's up in IC; maybe everybody is resting after all the activity last week.

Hmm, I can't send pirates to stir things up since y'all are in Jump; maybe some of those jumpspace monsters you mentioned?
EDIT: I have several nice hooks planned for Nexus, depending on what kind of activity y'all go looking for in the way of rumors, cargo, patron, etc... BUT... y'all have to get there first, and I don't want to just GM-push it because I thought y'all had some things you wanted to do while in Jump - like Henry working on the bots; and I think Doc wanted to do some work in the med-bay, fix one of those bots or something; and Max had a list of repairs...

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 24th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: link
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Also, I just remembered I was reading some in Mongoose Traveller the other day (another one I have on PDF so sometimes forget about) and found that there are some things in the Trade rules that I really like - such as some common trade goods always being available on certain types of worlds (w price DMs according to world trade class as usual), then you roll to see what other trade goods might be available from the Spec Trade table. I need to re-read it when not headachey and ears-ringing and all medicated, but I think might end up borrowing some of that, if I can graft it on reasonably to the Trade system that we are currently using (from GT: Interstellar Wars).

I am really looking forward to y'all getting to Nexus; it is a very VERY different place from Devonia!

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 24th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: links
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:01 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

OOC: Several times during the shopping spree it was mentioned that they were picking up "parts" that Max needed for the ship. Those were never detailed, given everything else that was going on, so here is a shopping list requested by Max ... SpaceBadger can let us know which were available and we can deduct the price from the ship's coffers and go forward from there. [these items represent the easy repairs from Max's list - all less than 100 man-hours.]

Air raft parts: 200 credits (32 man hours)
Fuel Purifier Parts: 245 credits (39 man hours)
Robot Assistant Parts (rm 27-28, not the broken one): 33 credits (5 man hours)
Cargo Bot Parts (4 bots): 200 credits (32 man hours) [to fix all 4]
Grav Forklift Parts: 67 credits (11 man hours)
Hardpoint Maintenance Parts (empty hardpoints): 66 credits ( 10 man hours)
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Some guidance on the Medical Bay, please.
Prior to Doc coming aboard, I had calculated that the Med Bay requires 1075 credits per year for annual maintenance (at a shipyard). At that time, it was 3225 credits overdue on annual maintenance (at a shipyard) and would require 1075 credits worth of parts and 172 man hours of crew time to repair up to fully functional.

Doc had supplies to replace what was missing and had wanted to make the repairs a priority. All of this happened during the roughly 4 months before the start of the game. We always talked about updating the status when we knew what Doc was going to do.

So for my records, what is the current status of the Medical Bay?
This seems like a Referee decision with player input (and definitely OOC stuff).
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:20 AM

Visit atpollard's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Also, I just remembered I was reading some in Mongoose Traveller the other day (another one I have on PDF so sometimes forget about) and found that there are some things in the Trade rules that I really like ...
One aspect of MgT Trade that role played well was the ability for a variety of characters to each use very different skills to locate cargoes in very different ways. In the last MgT game I played, the ref used the rolls as a jump off point for a mini-adventure ... streetwise skill generates a contact in a shady bar, that leads to a meeting at a loading dock at 2 AM to pick up some goods, cheap, but no questions asked (actually, the company owner was desperate to convert goods to cash to pay a debt and save his knee caps).
Old September 25th, 2013, 02:46 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Some guidance on the Medical Bay, please.
Prior to Doc coming aboard, I had calculated that the Med Bay requires 1075 credits per year for annual maintenance (at a shipyard). At that time, it was 3225 credits overdue on annual maintenance (at a shipyard) and would require 1075 credits worth of parts and 172 man hours of crew time to repair up to fully functional.

Doc had supplies to replace what was missing and had wanted to make the repairs a priority. All of this happened during the roughly 4 months before the start of the game. We always talked about updating the status when we knew what Doc was going to do.

So for my records, what is the current status of the Medical Bay?
This seems like a Referee decision with player input (and definitely OOC stuff).
I'd like to hear from Dave on what Doc would have prioritized. I think we have IC references that the robo-gurney still isn't working; not sure he said anything about the robot assistant medic. He brought aboard Cr100K worth of medical drugs of various kinds, but I don't believe we ever specified what kind.

I'd think w his Navy surgeon background Doc would have gotten the med-bay as shipshape as possible w parts he had available; say 10% of the required credits worth of parts needed was already in ship's stores, for electronic fixes and such.

Beyond that, part of the deal on getting this "free, no-payments" ship was that she was in bad shape at the time we actually started play - which was when the ship jumped into Devonia system, not 4 months prior when there was a change of Captain and some changes of crew. So for lack of funds, needing to build up a nest-egg, whatever, the parts were simply not there to do much work before we started play.

SBRD Campaign Wiki