Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Cool Donoma

Once Donoma hears the list of required work, she goes to work immediately on the air/raft. As there's quite a bit to be done, she picks out a couple of the more important items to work on, first. She checks with Max about parts, then grabs her tool set, lays out a mat for the parts and tools, and gets to work.

She will work in 4-hour increments, allowing time to help out with other things around the ship - probably two increments per day. (Based on the 32 man-hours required, it will take her most of the week, working 2 4-hour shifts a day over 4 days.)

She will check-in with Doc to see if some of her other time can be spent helping fix up the med bay. She also shows some interest in his distilling/brewing activities.

She will also check the library updates for Nexus, itself, checking it against positional data in the nav database, looking for possible discrepancies.

EDIT: She will also spend some time getting to know Janna. Girls gotta stick together, you know.

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; September 28th, 2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Max will work on the Fuel Purifier (and help anyone else that wants/needs it).
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Are we there yet?

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Are we there yet?
Not until you talk with Doc (See OOC thread).
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Day 2 in Jump

Doc knocks on the Captain's door, 'Morning Sir. You got some time for discussion on a few issue involving ship business?'
Old October 5th, 2013, 01:57 AM

Visit sabredog's Blog

(OOC...dang, I can't find what you mean on the OOC thread - but then I'm doped to the gills, too.)

Hampton waves Doc to a chair and says, "Always. What's up, Doc?"

Old October 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Doc enters and takes a seat, 'Well Sir as you know I treated Nero for gunshot wounds and he will heal up just fine.'

'The issue is he was not a passenger at the time and though we had a contract with him to haul him and our current cargo, there was no implied medical plan.'

Pausing a bit, 'Now I am not suggesting that we charge him the medical bill as we stand to make a large profit out of this adventure, but you may consider using it as means of leverage for future endeavors with Nero.'

'I was sure if you had already considered this as busy and exciting our last day on the planet had been.'
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Once Donoma hears the list of required work, she goes to work immediately on the air/raft. As there's quite a bit to be done, she picks out a couple of the more important items to work on, first. She checks with Max about parts, then grabs her tool set, lays out a mat for the parts and tools, and gets to work.

She will work in 4-hour increments, allowing time to help out with other things around the ship - probably two increments per day. (Based on the 32 man-hours required, it will take her most of the week, working 2 4-hour shifts a day over 4 days.)
Sounds reasonable, and that would take care of the 32 person-hours that Max had figured needed. If Donoma runs into any snags (just roll 6+ w Mech, Elec and Grav DMs) just add on 2 hours or grab somebody else to help out (if you don't want to bother rolling, I think we can assume it all gets finished during jump).

Quote:
She will check-in with Doc to see if some of her other time can be spent helping fix up the med bay. She also shows some interest in his distilling/brewing activities.
[I'll leave that up to you and Dave IC]

Quote:
She will also check the library updates for Nexus, itself, checking it against positional data in the nav database, looking for possible discrepancies.
She has the Library Data from Ostia and other places in Daibei Sector, plus slightly more up-to-date Library Data from the update y'all bought in Devonia. [I picture all of this accumulated Library Data piling up like some kind of Wiki, with tags to let you see what alterations were contributed by whom, and maybe some sort of "reliability rating" - although you then have to judge how reliable/biased you consider that rating to be. You won't have the latest updates from Nexus until Jump Exit insystem, but some have filtered into the data accumulated from other systems over the years.]

The only real trend Donoma sees in checking for discrepancies about Nexus is that official sources from Nexus itself and from other worlds in the Delphi Union are very favorable about the Leader and how he has brought greater freedom and prosperity to Nexus, while other sources seem to regard the Leader as just another dictator who saw a bandwagon and grabbed the reins to put himself in charge, with financial and materiel backing from the Delphi Union in exchange for preferential treatment. Sources from Devonia and the cluster around Ostia are especially critical of the Leader's policies favoring merchants and shipping firms from the Delphi Union.

Quote:
EDIT: She will also spend some time getting to know Janna. Girls gotta stick together, you know.
Janna is friendly to Donoma, an interesting blend of "girly girl" and professional spacer. She likes her Steward duties best, interacting w passengers and crew to make their travel comfortable. She regards cargo-handling as just another task that she has to do to keep her job, but isn't real excited about it. She also does not have much interest in technical skills like Engr/Mech/Elec.

What she really loves to do when duty requires or allows is to get in her Vaccsuit and go outside to look around - somehow seeing with just her own eyes (plus helmet augments) is so much better than seeing it all with instruments and detectors. However, she will be very interested in any info that Donoma wants to talk about regarding Navigation and stars and planets and other bodies in space.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; October 5th, 2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Thats not what I meant. As you had said when we arrived at Devonia, there may be Library updates available when we arrived at each world. I just wondered if that will be the case ...just in case what we have is incomplete or anything has changed.
See my reply above re Donoma's Library Data research.

Hampton made a standing order after y'all got to Devonia to order whatever updates are available in each new system when you make contact w system control.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Doc enters and takes a seat, 'Well Sir as you know I treated Nero for gunshot wounds and he will heal up just fine.'

'The issue is he was not a passenger at the time and though we had a contract with him to haul him and our current cargo, there was no implied medical plan.'

Pausing a bit, 'Now I am not suggesting that we charge him the medical bill as we stand to make a large profit out of this adventure, but you may consider using it as means of leverage for future endeavors with Nero.'

'I was sure if you had already considered this as busy and exciting our last day on the planet had been.'

"I Figured we could use this incident as either one big favor, or as a lot of goodwill spread out, but maybe not both. I think Nero likes to pay his bills once and be done with it."

"So I was of considering using him as a continuing source of ores for speculative cargoes as part of whatever regular route we establish and be able to leverage pretty favorable prices - plus see if he has some other contacts in this business we can use. But maybe a big favor is in order, too - I'm just not sure what it would be. Do you have any ideas on the subject?"