Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Nexus Highport (shiptime 1125, 3731-08-23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
"Ms. Lafitte, I need you to begin working on a flight path and start on the paperwork required to get us moving."
Donoma immediately heads to the bridge to begin work, pausing halfway up the ladder to ask Max if he can help her with the Admin/Liaison work of getting their departure permits expedited.
Max agrees, taking a moment to save his work on the ship's computer upgrades and have Alfred take a backup copy. He follows Donoma up the ladder to the Bridge to begin the exciting task of talking with bureaucrats to expedite something that the bureaucrats will probably see no need to expedite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
"If you want off, you need to go now. Anyone who's staying should review the recording, brainstorm, prep the ship . . . I don't know, something. I'll be back with Mr. Vulpinerrin soon. Let's try to keep off the comms -- we don't know who these people are or what they have access to."
Henry and Gayne have been maintaining dockside security by remote over their datapads. Getting up, Henry suggests that while Max is busy, he should begin doing drive checks and preliminary warm-up on the assumption that they will be departing within the next xx hours. Gayne agrees and heads back down to the dockside cargo lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Bruno has one question before Kalos leaves: "Captain, will we be unloading any of our cargo before departure? I understand we need to keep Mr. Vulpinerrin's freight on board until he says otherwise in this current mess, but have we sold any of our stuff yet, or do you want to unload any of it into storage? If so, we need to include that info in our departure paperwork, and should also get to work unloading."
[per discussion w ErianFrost:]
Kalos pauses less than a second, then replies, "We already have a good bid on the Wood. Inushuvir Grant of Smith-Grant-Paulson Factors offered us Cr2.4K/ton, with all unloading, transport, and storage to be paid by his company. Bruno, please comm him back to accept and finalize that deal, on the condition that we can begin unloading withiin two hours. If he can't agree to that, we'll just keep the Wood onboard and look for another Deal when we get the chance. As to the Electronics, just keep it all onboard; any offers we could get here would be peanuts, because they can produce better stuff themselves."

Kalos heads for the nearest ladder down to Cargo Deck, on his way to inform Nero of the situation and fetch him back to the ship.

Benjamin and Janna both look stunned by the events of the past ten minutes. They look to Bruno for orders.

[OK, Thanos, that's your cue. Bruno is yours now - what next?]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Nexus Highport (shiptime 1125, 3731-08-23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
Kalos will disembark (unarmed -- probably not a good time to test the Protectors' weapons scanners) and go to meet with Nero. He asks all the crew to stay aboard the Fortunate Son, stating that he intends to bring Nero back to the ship as soon as possible for another meeting/brainstorming session.
Kalos endures the usual security gauntlet of identification with the Protectors guarding the dockside cargo door, then moves at a fast walk toward the Nexus Prime Hotel to get Nero. Just as he is about to leave the docks area, he encounters Doc Freeman moving back toward the ship.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Nexus Highport (shiptime 1125, 3731-08-23)

The Droyne known as Speaker to Humans emits a sigh as he switches off his datapad. This port was the primary transit point between Daibei Sector and Reavers' Deep, and he had deeply hoped to find some clues for his quest in the Library Data here. He has spent a good amount of time and money in various databases during the past week, but has finally come to the conclusion that there is nothing new to be found here. He would have to continue his quest further into the Deep.

Leaving his room, he goes down to the corridor and decides to wander the docks area seeking inspiration as to where to go next.

Just as he reaches the docks, he is surprised to see ahead of him two Humans that he knows personally, Kalos Thar and Doc Freeman of the frontier trader Fortunate Son.


[OK, Timerover51, that's your cue. What does your PC do next?]

[Also, unless you have another idea, let's go with the assumption that Speaker to Humans knows these guys because he travelled as a passenger aboard Fortunate Son from Zwingle (Db 1024) to Liva (Db 0424), at which point they parted company as the ship had freight going to Locri (Db 0223), but Speaker to Humans wished to travel to Petod (Db 0326) en route to Nexus. On that assumption, it has been about eight weeks since they have seen each other.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; December 29th, 2013 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: present tense
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:51 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Nexus Under (shiptime 1125, 3731-08-23)

The man currently calling himself "Victor Rotha" rubbed his eyes as he sat up and looked at his comm for the time. He had had a late meeting the night before, gotten back to his room about 0430, and now it was 1125 and he had another meeting scheduled soon.

[That's your cue, Vladika. Your guy (currently lacking a name as far as you have told me) is in a hotel room at the port on Nexus XII-H (aka "Nexus Under" or "Hate"). He has necessary identification to match his fake identity as arms dealer "Victor Rotha". What does he do next?]

[We still need to work out details of how he knows someone on the Fortunate Son, what equipment he has with him, what he is currently doing on Nexus Under, etc - but for now, let's just see what he does next.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Vladika Vladika is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,851
Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++
Default

Comm to Captain Fortunate Son: Victor Rotha requests immediate passage on the fortunate son. I believe Kalos Thar is a ships officer and will recognize by sight. Personal Baggage and 3 tons small cargo if possible. Otherwise cargo may be left in bonded storage.

Personal message: Like old times on Freehold my friend. Could really use a ride.
__________________
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm ;)

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old December 29th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos Thanos is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middletown
Posts: 393
Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen
Default [B]Bruno Kansakarrir[/B]

I'll com Grant, letting him know we accept the offer but only if they can meet the Captains request. I'll also inform Donoma and Doc. Donma as she may need that for paper work. Doc as he's Cargo Chief.

Ben and Jan will stand by ready to assist with unloading depending on the reply from SGP.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:15 AM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I'll com Grant, letting him know we accept the offer but only if they can meet the Captains request.
Grant agrees, and transfers the payment immediately, confirmed by port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I'll also inform Donoma and Doc. Donoma as she may need that for paper work. Doc as he's Cargo Chief.

Ben and Jan will stand by ready to assist with unloading depending on the reply from SGP.
Donoma thanks Bruno and passes the info to Max.

Doc is on shore leave, and seems a bit grumpy when he answers his comm. He asks Bruno to go ahead and take care of it.

[Standard procedure with this type of handling agreement is that ship crew get the cargo unloaded onto the dock with ship's cargo-handling equipment (which Bruno is the best on board at using), then the buyer takes it from there.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:18 AM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladika View Post
Comm to Captain Fortunate Son: Victor Rotha requests immediate passage on the fortunate son. I believe Kalos Thar is a ships officer and will recognize by sight. Personal Baggage and 3 tons small cargo if possible. Otherwise cargo may be left in bonded storage.

Personal message: Like old times on Freehold my friend. Could really use a ride.
The ship's Interface Assistant answers the comm, states that the Captain is not available to answer in person right now, but that the message will be passed to him.


[EDIT: Nexus XII-H is currently about 12 million km from Nexus XII-G, so lightspeed lag is about 80 seconds from comm to IA reply.]

[EDIT 2] Just as Kalos encounters Doc on the docks, Alfred alerts him by comm of a recorded message that seems to be urgent, originating from Nexus XII-H, and asks if he wants the replay.


*
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; December 30th, 2013 at 01:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos Thanos is offline
Peer of the Realm
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middletown
Posts: 393
Gallery : 0
Thanos Citizen
Default Bruno Kansakarrir

Myself, Ben and Jan will move the wood out onto the deck and wait for SGP guys to show up. I'll inform Gayne as we move the cargo out as to details.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son, Nexus Highport (shiptime 1300, 3731-08-23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Myself, Ben and Jan will move the wood out onto the deck and wait for SGP guys to show up. I'll inform Gayne as we move the cargo out as to details.
The two Protectors stationed at the Fortunate Son's dockside cargo lock raise a fuss when Bruno starts moving Wood out onto the dock.

One comes into the outer lock where Gayne is on watch, yelling that "You can't just pile this stuff out on the dock without anyone to receive it!"

The other waits outside for another pair of Protectors to arrive as reinforcements. He seems to be keeping a close eye on where Gayne stands watching with his gauss rifle, and is very careful not to actually point his SMG at anyone.

Fortunately, Bruno is able to resolve the matter with a quick comm to SGP, which results in their handling crew arriving to receive and carry away the Wood as fast as it is unloaded.

The Protector writes Bruno two penalty citations, Cr50 for Unloading Cargo Without Notifying Dock Liaison, plus Cr50 for Obstructing Dock Passage (although the few stacks of Wood that had been unloaded weren't really blocking anything).

The Wood isn't actually containerized, merely bound into 2dT-sized bundles with heavy cargo straps. There is one minor mishap while unloading, as one of these straps breaks during a "handoff" from Benjamin to Bruno, resulting in a drop of one end of the bundle to the deck and some damage to the Wood. Bruno is able to rig a substitute strap out of ship's equipment and get the bundle unloaded, but when SGP's foreman examines the damaged Wood he advises that they will need to deduct the damage from payment. Both take holo recordings from all angles in case there is any dispute later, the damaged bundle is hauled away, and unloading continues.

Since there were only 25 of the 2dT bundles to unload, it goes pretty fast and is completed by 1300. The SGP foreman signs an electronic receipt with copies to Bruno's datapad (and thence to Alfred) and to the port office to release the payment from escrow into the ship's account. The foreman says that someone else back at their warehouse will examine the damaged Wood and call about the appropriate refund, then wishes Bruno a good day and leaves.
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 01 (Devonia) SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 968 October 13th, 2013 12:31 AM
[SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 767 October 13th, 2013 12:29 AM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 09:38 AM
[Your opinion/ advice on] Tablet-PCs (Nexus 7 and others) LiamKerrington Random Static 11 March 21st, 2013 01:10 PM
Non-OTU: Implications of Jump Points or Wormhole Nexus SpaceBadger The Lone Star 8 February 2nd, 2013 03:09 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010-2013 Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.