Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old September 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Citizen: SOC-3

Gallery : 0
BPIJonathan Citizen
Send a message via AIM to BPIJonathan Send a message via Yahoo to BPIJonathan
Default New for Mongoose Traveller: The Double Spiral War Campaign Setting Kickstarter

I know I have not posted here much, but I had set aside an interest in Traveller for awhile until I picked up the Mongoose Campaign Guide earlier this year. My new kickstarter has launched... please check it out and back it if you would. This is based off the trilogy by Warren C. Norwood, published in the mid 80s originally, and resurrected by Battlefield Press in 2012. I would really love to give this setting the love and care it deserves. This will be our first Traveller setting book, and I am looking forward to having it finished and in your hands. -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...traveller-edit

This book is a science fiction campaign guide for the Double Spiral War setting using the Traveller Role Playing Game published by Mongoose Publishing. The funds raised from this project will be used to pay authors, to purchase additional art, to cover layout and to cover the costs of printing.

This book is based on the Double Spiral War Trilogy by Warren C. Norwood (available on Amazon.com and RPGnow.com). The work will contain information about the aliens, starships, planets and backgrounds from the novels. While not necessary to play, you may get more out of the setting reading the novels prior to playing the setting.

Campaigns in the Double Spiral War setting are multifaceted. People can play characters from any walk of life, including members of the military (army, navy or marines), merchants, scientists, diplomats and all sorts of aliens. Campaigns can be merchant missions, the hunt for hidden treasures, the exploration of the galaxy, a military campaign where all the players are from the Sondak Confederacy, the United Central Systems or any number of neutral parties, or even one of political intrigue. There are places in the galaxy that still have not pledged allegiance to one side or the other, and there are yet still alien races to meet and explore (or conquer as you see fit).

In all pledge levels, if we reach goal, we are including a free e-copy of the Double Spiral War Trilogy for you to peruse while waiting on your copy of the RPG material (in your choice of epub, kindle or pdf). Thank you for your support on this project.

Inside this book you will find:

Races of the Caveness Galaxy, including three separate types of humans and two alien races.

Information on the Sondak Confederacy and the United Central Systems, as well as background material on alien races that inhabit the galaxy.
Details of the Double Spiral War
Detailed information about starships for all governments
Information about the gear used in the universe
And more

When mankind left behind their old home to seek out new lands beyond the dark spaces between galaxies, they hoped to leave behind them the conflict and chaos that has been their heritage since they first spoke tales of their histories. However, it wasnít as easy as that. Even amongst alien species, mankind still found cause to war amongst itself. Several decades before, the Sondak Confederacy worried about the growing power of the United Central Systems, a group dominated by humans genetically modified to have a much longer life span. As a result, they launched a war that waged for years tearing at both societies until finally they forced the U.C.S. to accept humiliating terms in exchange for peace. The Sondak Confederacy is complacent and unaware that the U.C.S. is on the verge of finally seeking vengeance for the loss of the previous war. And in the churning wake of these two giants, all the races of the galaxy and the lives of many individuals shall be turned upside down. But the question is, whose vengeance is being sought? That of a nationís? Or that of a single person?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will answer as many of them as I can. Thank you so much for looking.
In Development: Warren Norwood's Double Spiral War (MGT) | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan