Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Hampton heads to the bar and shows the bartender the card. "Apparently this guy is looking for a job and I might be able to help him out. Know him?
The bartender replies, "Sure, he comes in here sometimes to play cards. That's him over there." He points at Doc, who is sitting at a table, playing cards.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:35 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Hampton gets a beer and walks over to Doc's table and introduces himself, "A little bird told me you were looking for a job, and the he ran away before I could find out anything more."

Sits down at the table, "I'm looking for someone who can help with any sick passengers and stitch up my crew - maybe even me - from time to time, what are you looking for?"

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Hampton gets a beer and walks over to Doc's table and introduces himself, "A little bird told me you were looking for a job, and the he ran away before I could find out anything more."

Sits down at the table, "I'm looking for someone who can help with any sick passengers and stitch up my crew - maybe even me - from time to time, what are you looking for?"
The gentleman looks up at the speaker, appearing typical except his bright green eyes, 'That might be me, if you got a joker to spare for a game.'

After Hampton flashes the card, the man turns to two players at the table, 'Well gentleman, it appears I have beer calling me, so, I am going to leave this game for now. But not to be a spoil sport with my winnings,' he cuts his pile of chips roughly in half and pushes them toward the two men, 'I will let you split half of my winnings and buy you both around of drinks on me.'

Turning toward Hampton, 'Pick a spot where we can talk, eat and have a few, as the drinks here aren't half bad. The name is Doc Freeman.'

With that the Doc stands and motions to one of the waitresses and whispers in her ear while palming her some credits. With a smile and hop in her step, she walks over the two remaining card players and takes their order.

Doc then follows Hampton to the table of his choice.
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome
Default Max Black (Engineer / Steward)

[Max]
Max quietly orders a dark ale at the bar, takes a sip and the circles the room subtly eavesdropping on conversations for a hint that someone might be both knowledgeable about starships and part of the University culture. If a promising contact is discovered, Max will pursue it, otherwise he will eventually join the captain at the table.

[OOC: I don't really care whether Max succeeds or fails in his 'mission', since the goal was to generate an excuse for the ship's Engineer to tag along on the Captain's 'meet the Doc' trip. Sometime in the next four months, Max will have found what he was looking for.]
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Hampton picks a table away from the background chatter and noise, and orders up some lunch.

"Looks like you are a regular in this place, Doc, how long have you lived here?"

Old August 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Hampton picks a table away from the background chatter and noise, and orders up some lunch.

"Looks like you are a regular in this place, Doc, how long have you lived here?"
[OOC: note for Dave since Doc would obviously know things about this region that I have not put into any player info yet: Y'all are on Egarnigun (Daibei 1223), which is part of the Imperial Realm of Daibei, on the border of the area that the Realm controls. This could have been your mustering out world if you want, or just someplace you have travelled to afterward.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

Quote:

Smiling as they all take a seat, he tells the waitress to give him the bill for these to gents.

'Just a natural talent of sorts. I have been here about 2 months since the Navy and I parted ways.'

After the waitress brings their drinks and some appetizers, Doc tips the waitress and whispers in her ear again. She nods and leaves.

'So, now other than food or if we call her over, we should be free to talk a bit.'

'I am Sam Freeman, but most people just call me Doc. And you are?' nodding to both Hampton and Max.

assuming introductions are done and to keep the flow going

'Now to answer your first question, I am a certified Doctor with some specialty in xeno. The Navy and I, in particular the Space Jocks
which refers to space fighter pilots didn't see eye to eye on some things and so I took my leave.'

'I haven't decided exactly what I am going to do, but I have considered setting up a practice, but I think I would miss out there too much, so I have been taking a vacation of sorts and passing the time.'

'I saw that your ship posted some positions and I do like keeping my options open. Now, I do not come cheap, but I can bring a lot to the table if I like the game.'

'So, your turn, Captain. What is your game and what are the potential takes?'
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

[OOC: Ok, another GM comment here, just so y'all have some framework for dealing. I will let Doc tell about his extra contributions as you play this out.

The salary/share figures for Doc in the ship PDF were done by me before y'all started this thread; Doc's salary there is just based on being Professional Crew (Medic-3+) equivalent to an Engineer (Cr4000 base), plus using his Cargo skills to serve as foreman or crew chief during loading/unloading/securing cargo (another Cr500 on top of base).

The ship-shares for Doc in the PDF included a bonus share (three instead of two) for the extra contributions he was planning to make from his personal belongings.

That is just what I figured, so you know where those numbers came from, but y'all are free to negotiate something different in this roleplay thread.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:23 AM

Visit sabredog's Blog

"Well, my last medic left a while back and I need a new one for a trip into Reaver's Deep. I have a fair ship, she's sound but comfortably shabby, so to speak. Not like one of your luxury liners, but she's still a good ship for what she's built to do."

Takes a bite of the sandwich and a sip of beer..., "Since we may be carrying passengers more often than in the past we need a qualified doctor on board to both thaw out the ones in Low, and help the ones in High."

Hampton passes Doc his pocket comp with the salary figures and initial shares offering of 4000Cr. plus 2 shares.

"Currently we are running on the lean side, times being what they are, but a trip into more speculative territory might help with that. This is what I can offer right now."

Old August 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

Doc takes a look at the data that Captain Hampton gave him while eating on the appetizers and sipping his beer.

'Hmm, Cargo Master.'
Looking up at the Captain, 'I have some skills in stocking and loading cargos. Not an expert of any sort but better than most who claim to know cargo. I can produce my certificates if you wish.'

'I would like to say, that I am official interested but I want to see kind of triage I am facing before I say yes.'

Taking his food order from the waitress when she brings it, then after she leaves, 'I have some resources and a few contacts here and there still friendly in the Navy and this college town. Even if I do not agree to hire on as your doctor, I may be willing to help you find others or supplies for a small fee.' Smiling quite brightly, 'Heck, I would even be willing to do a physical on any of your new hires for half price, just to get back into practice a bit.'

'With out telling all, if I like what I see and hear during the ship tour, I can possibly sweeten the pot in making you want to hire me.'

'So, let me know when you are ready, I will be after I finish eating and paying bill.'