Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
OOC: Sorry, but I've been unplugged.
[OOC: No prob. I've been kinda sick this past week and not able to work on this game as much as planned.

We just started last night. (Right on schedule!!! I had one day of slack already built into the schedule! ) ]

Quote:
He initiates contact with the starport, to confirm the information that their transponder should already be automatically broadcasting.
The ship's position is 5.44 AU (45 light-minutes) from Devonia mainworld, so it takes about 95 minutes before you receive a reply by comm-laser:

"Roger, Fortunate Son, we have you on sensors and your transponder is green. Welcome to Devonia.

"We have no other system traffic to report at this time; please advise if you detect any other traffic. You are cleared for refueling by scooping from GG Whitney V, aka Peytonia. Our satellite monitor at the GG is reporting no unusual hazards; you can pull realtime data yourself by sending a ping with [code].

"Please advise when you have finished refueling and your intended destination after refueling. Devonia Control out."

Quote:
He checks how close they are to their destination GG, and check sensors for any traffic or anomalies.
It was a pretty good jump. There was apparently a small bounceback from the target GG, as the ship's transition is about 120 diameters out from it (32,640,000 km). Sensor show 6 moons around the GG, plus a light ring of debris in the innermost orbit. All in nice regular orbits, nothing to interfere w refueling.

No other traffic, no anomalies on sensors.

If you maneuver to the GG at 3-G, estimated trip time is 15 hours (allows for turnover at 60%, retaining some velocity for scooping maneuvers rather than simply going into orbit).

[OOC: EDIT: OK, I filled in the missing xx calculations. Feel free to check me if anyone is good at this stuff.]

Quote:
"Alfred, patch me to the Captain." Gives Rhodes a report of their position, any traffic, anything else sensors have picked up, or a negative report on the last two.

Initiates the download of Library data from the starport, giving them a feed of everything from traffic reports, weather, news, updates of white and yellow pages, ads, and spacer bulletins. Oggles picture of Donoma whil no one is watching.
There are several listings by spacers looking for work, or wannabes looking to go into space for the first time, but Donoma's is the only one that stands out with exceptional skill ratings that could help Fortunate Son.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 11th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: filling in xx calculated figures
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
by 07:00 the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls and muffins and bread fills the galley and commons, silently announcing that breakfast is now being served.
[OOC: Aw, now that's not fair, you got my mouth watering for baked goodies!

Did you see the latest ship docs? The final page lists some of the remaining problems w the ship, although I believe I noted that engineering is much improved since Max took over. Max and Doc might do some work on the robot repairs - that is a hobby for Doc. Not sure who else has applicable skills to help, as I haven't learned everybody's skills yet - need to make myself a reference page w that stuff.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Shortly after jump transition, Doc Freeman receives a call from Jarvis, the Passenger IA: "Doctor Freeman, I have a call for you from passenger Miklos Thanning, reporting jump sickness. My monitoring of life support systems suggests that passenger David Verchanski is also experiencing difficulty. Would you like to take the call, or shall I send the med-bay robot to dispense the usual remedies?"

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

OK, Hampton tells Max on the comms, "Prep us for scooping the GG and have Leo ready for EVA to make sure everything is clear before we do. Kalos, plot us a course for the scoop - you can advise traffic of our arrival time and course when we are finished."

Hampton gets his second best jumpsuit on and follows the smell of breakfast to its source. It looks like it might be a full day with sick passengers (God, I hope they didn't throw up in the room again.) and a scoop...

Once in the crew "lounge" I'll look over Donoma's sheet.

"Hmmm...she's easy on the eyes and sounds competent, that's always a good combination...waddy'all think?", he says to whoever is in the lounge with him.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

I'm thinking this port might give us an opportunity to sit still for a few days and air out the ship.

Maybe we can get some long-overdue maintenance done on some of the systems? Max, waddya think? Any priorities that we can hopefully afford - those two things being mutually exclusive notwithstanding?

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
OK, Hampton tells Max on the comms, "Prep us for scooping the GG and have Leo ready for EVA to make sure everything is clear before we do. Kalos, plot us a course for the scoop - you can advise traffic of our arrival time and course when we are finished."
[OOC: The scoop cleaning is a two-person job, or at least would go a lot easier with two - less chance of accidentally letting go of a big filter and having to chase it down.

[OOC: If you are sending Henry out as one of the scoop cleaners, one of the other pilots (you or Kalos) will need to take the Bridge - or was that what you meant in telling Kalos to plot the course? I believe Kalos is currently in the lounge with you, having breakfast.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Once in the crew "lounge" I'll look over Donoma's sheet.

"Hmmm...she's easy on the eyes and sounds competent, that's always a good combination...waddy'all think?", he says to whoever is in the lounge with him.
Janna puts her hands on her hips and gives you an exasperated look. "You might at least pretend that her skills are more important than her appearance, you know."

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 10th, 2013 at 08:32 PM..
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Visit sabredog's Blog

Laughs at Janna's comment, "Yes, yes, but there's nothing wrong with having another pretty face to look at while in jump - besides mine." (dodges any food thrown at him)

"All right, everyone, when you are done eating, Kalos can take the bridge to get the course plots done and Max and I will go over maintenance schedules. Then it's EVA time before the scoop - who wants to go with Leo? Don't be shy."

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Kalos snaps off a casual salute. "Aye aye, Captain." Snarfing the last of his bagel, he makes his way up to the bridge to relieve Henry and get to work.
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
Kalos snaps off a casual salute. "Aye aye, Captain." Snarfing the last of his bagel, he makes his way up to the bridge to relieve Henry and get to work.
[OOC: Just FYI for everybody, you have to identify yourself (both hand and voice) at three separate places to get from Crew Commons to the Bridge: first at the iris valve climbing up, and then at two more iris valves on the passages to the Bridge. If you have gloves blocking the hand scan (like vaccsuit gloves) then you need to use voice plus a code on the keypad.

Not that I expect you to announce this stuff every time you go through a secure portal, just thinking you should know how your ship works in case it is important later on.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Shortly after jump transition, Doc Freeman receives a call from Jarvis, the Passenger IA: "Doctor Freeman, I have a call for you from passenger Miklos Thanning, reporting jump sickness. My monitoring of life support systems suggests that passenger David Verchanski is also experiencing difficulty. Would you like to take the call, or shall I send the med-bay robot to dispense the usual remedies?"
Though sound asleep, Jarvis's voice instantly stirs up Doc, mumbling a bit 'Say what, uh, who?'
Rubbing his eyes a bit then stretching, 'Nay, just tell them the basic things to do like breath in and out slowly and that I am on my way.'

Pulling on his orderly jump pants then top, Doc grabs the basic bag of medicine that he keeps on a peg near his quarters door and grabbing 4 vials of Jump sickness medicine from a supply box.

Doc then heads out the door toward the passenger section. As he gets to the passenger hatchway, he slowly picks up one of his feet and notices that he forgot to put on shoes. Shrugging a bit, he continues on through the hatch and toward the closest room of one passengers that Jarvis mentioned.