Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Not to be to big of a pain but

Medical should be in either room 18 or 19 not all the way in the back away from the passengers. Also 18 and 19 are close to the lower deck entry ways
No problem, I'll change the descriptive text.

Quote:
another question/issue
What no lifts from cargo to the engineering or cargo to upper deck?

We have to man handle all things from one deck to the other?
As you probably noted in the Passenger Freshers text, Sabredog and I were discussing adding either a lift-shaft or a passenger entry airlock. We decided to go with the airlock, as it keeps passengers out of the cargo bay. There are now direct entry ports on every deck; with grav lifters available, there should be no need to man-handle anything through verticals.

I also added a large-ish (3m x 3m) hatch that could open down into cargo from crew commons for rare use when needing to hoist something big.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 8th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: specified location of 3x3 hatch
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:15 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Another "not good" day for working. I made some suggested revisions to the Fortunate Son Ship Document, wrote some stuff about equipment, copied Sabredog's stuff about the Launch - not a lot accomplished. Kinda stuck on the ship-share stuff, and too medicated to think clearly to figure it out.

Finally feeling a little better now, and here it is after 1AM. Maybe get some work done now, but can't stay up too late, due to med appts tomorrow.

We will start the game tomorrow, Friday 8/9.

And no, that isn't a late start - I've been saying "or Friday 8/9" on the schedule all along, just in case of days like this.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Here is the Final version (I hope!) of the Fortunate Son specs, deckplans, description, and other info.

Tonight (Friday 8/9) I will post the "First Post" for the campaign, giving y'all the current situation and asking for your actions.

Unless y'all make up some sort of shift/duty schedule, I will roll randomly to determine who is on duty, who is off-duty but awake, and who is asleep when the ship comes out of jump.

Current players are:
Onboard the Fortunate Son:
Sabredog - Hampton Rhodes, Captain and Pilot
ErianFrost - Kalos Thar, First Officer and Pilot/Navigator
ATPollard - Max Black, Chief Engineer and Chief Steward
DaveChase - Doc Freeman, Medical Officer and Cargo Chief
Samuelvss - Leo P. Henry, Asst Engineer and Security
ChaosBennett - Gayne Maize, Asst Medic and Security
Three NPC crewpersons (see p.12 of ship info)
"Grounded" on Destination World:
Fritz_Brown - Donoma Lafitte, Navigator Extraordinaire
Unknown:
LiNeNoIse - no character submitted for approval yet
Gonna be fun, folks!

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 9th, 2013 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: duh, forgot link to ship info!
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

I would like to see partition doors along the crew hallway that would be there to keep the guest from looking or moving down into the crew quarters when they are walking to the launch.

I am assuming that maybe they got removed by the prior captain as an inconvenience.

Not talking bulk head or super strong doors, but doors.

Dave Chase
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
I would like to see partition doors along the crew hallway that would be there to keep the guest from looking or moving down into the crew quarters when they are walking to the launch.

I am assuming that maybe they got removed by the prior captain as an inconvenience.

Not talking bulk head or super strong doors, but doors.

Dave Chase
Most passengers don't need to be traipsing around crew quarters or crew commons, and certainly not up to the Bridge Deck. If passengers need to be transported in the Launch, it can connect a tube to the passenger airlock (Portside F, to the rear of the Psg Lounge). If a passenger is invited back to crew territory, they see it warts and all.

Hmm, maybe I ought to move Med Bay to Stateroom 20, to keep them out of crew area completely.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

Doc Freeman asleep and there is a card game going on??

He must either be sick or they (the crew playing) purposely did not tell him about the game.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:05 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Doc Freeman asleep and there is a card game going on??

He must either be sick or they (the crew playing) purposely did not tell him about the game.
*Shrug* I just rolled to see which pilot was on the bridge, then rolled for each other PC and NPC to see if they were awake or asleep. The ones that were awake got to play cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Unless y'all make up some sort of shift/duty schedule, I will roll randomly to determine who is on duty, who is off-duty but awake, and who is asleep when the ship comes out of jump.
Maybe Doc had a tiring day; everyone has to sleep sometime.

If he wakes up from transition and goes to see who else is awake, maybe he could join the game?

EDIT: If I knew how, I would move this post and the one before to [SBRD] OOC Discussion.

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; August 9th, 2013 at 11:35 PM..
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

It's nothing serious but Doc does gamble/play cards a lot when he isn't working.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
It's nothing serious but Doc does gamble/play cards a lot when he isn't working.
See above - random determination of awake or asleep.

From now on Doc is yours, and you can keep him awake all "night" whenever you want - although I wouldn't want him operating on ME the next day!

We do have an OOC thread, you know...

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

New blog post early this AM re Combat Rules. Comments and suggestions welcome.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Closed Thread