Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

Old May 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
Visit TomeGnome's Blog
TomeGnome Citizen
Default [FS 1725] Permatic (340-0199 PI) Highport Main Concourse [1127 hours Local Time

The Rt. Hon. Miss Martha Smythe-Jones, The Master of the Household....

Then comes the traditional formal official boot heel click and accompanying bow. When she straitens up her Voice rings out.

"I am Commanded and Ordered by His Imperial and Royal Majesty Vladimir, Second of His Name, The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium, Lord of One Thousand Stars, etc. to act as His Name, Voice and Hand and see this personal Invitation hand delivered to you in time for the Holiday week functions at His Majesty's Palace as His Guest, where you will consult with Him on certain matters. I am then to await your response and convey it to Him."

Upon completing the ritual she extends the Invitation to Sordenrae, the front bearing the good Doctor's full name, titles, ranks and offices, as well as his current address.

Clearing his throat sheepishly, the Professor accepts the invitation with both hands, making a nodding bow as he does so. "Please accept my own apologies, for any delay I may have caused you with my unwarranted outburst. It will, of course, be my pleasure and honor to attend upon His Majesty in the coming holiday week." Not sure what to do next, his eyes slip over to Lita, who shrugs. "Ah...is that all? Is there something I should sign? I'm not at all sure of my ground, madam, to be completely frank." Meanwhile, his thoughts went to his minimal luggage, and what in the world one wore for an audience with an emperor. Probably not something designed for comfort, he reflected ruefully.
Old May 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [FS 1725] Permatic (340-0199 PI) Highport Main Concourse [Afternoon].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
Acknowledging the contacts and transmitting his purpose, Captain Jin reacts to the invitation by moving purposefully to the van and enters where directed saying, "I am grateful for the assistance."
"No problem."

They offer you a jump seat in the crowded cockpit, the back being stuffed full of supplies while the cockpit is only slightly less packed. As you enter you can see small packages are stuffed under seats, stowed in overheads and in door map pockets with the dash covered in taped down bits of this and that.

After all the last minute adjustments are made to fit a new passenger, a brief, mostly friendly argument regarding who will be driving, the finer points of cybernetic reflex versus getting out and forced to attend to the organic (with the heavy-worlder look common to the Bibickian warriors) leading this small squad of three and getting a micro-lecture on responsibility.

"My name is on the door and I signed for it, so if we all die you can blame me and reflexes be damned if you're driving. Now scoot over."

The name on the door wins.
CPL P THERSON
2365TH LCS
[WILSON'S WRECKERS]
1-3 CBT SUPP
If you care to check the door you are getting into look below, but nothing big, just little detail color crap.
Spoiler:
It has the same unit information as the driver's door but the name has been painted over and now that you look at the glass in the door's window is less weathered than all the rest.
PVT N FITCHBURG-JONES
2365TH LCS
[WILSON'S WRECKERS]
1-3 CBT SUPP

Corporal Therson gets in a obviously non-issue bucket seat in red, leatherish cover and lifts and spins the van into the traffic lanes with quick burst of arcane PTC (Portside Traffic Control) lingo and heads to an exit to the Capital world below. For an pure organic his reflexes are very sharp and his great skill is evident in his handling of the combat support vehicle. If you have an distrust of your ability to not sustain damage during violent maneuvers you don't need to put on the five point harness all the seats come equipped with and the crew are wearing.

As it is a long ride down the blue, green and brown globe looking as most human habitable planets in the galaxy do, the crew is bored and take to conversing with their new traveling companion. The squad

"So if you aren't a warbot, the 'Captain' kinda threw me,what kind of robot are you Mister Gold?"
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 17th, 2013 at 03:31 AM..
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sigmund Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
"No problem."

They offer you a jump seat in the crowded cockpit, the back being stuffed full of supplies while the cockpit is only slightly less packed. As you enter you can see small packages are stuffed under seats, stowed in overheads and in door map pockets with the dash covered in taped down bits of this and that.

After all the last minute adjustments are made to fit a new passenger, a brief, mostly friendly argument regarding who will be driving, the finer points of cybernetic reflex versus getting out and forced to attend to the organic (with the heavy-worlder look common to the Bibickian warriors) leading this small squad of three and getting a micro-lecture on responsibility.

"My name is on the door and I signed for it, so if we all die you can blame me and reflexes be damned if you're driving. Now scoot over."

The name on the door wins.
CPL P THERSON
2365TH LCS
[WILSON'S WRECKERS]
1-3 CBT SUPP
If you care to check the door you are getting into look below, but nothing big, just little detail color crap.
Spoiler:
It has the same unit information as the driver's door but the name has been painted over and now that you look at the glass in the door's window is less weathered than all the rest.
PVT N FITCHBURG-JONES
2365TH LCS
[WILSON'S WRECKERS]
1-3 CBT SUPP

Corporal Therson gets in a obviously non-issue bucket seat in red, leatherish cover and lifts and spins the van into the traffic lanes with quick burst of arcane PTC (Portside Traffic Control) lingo and heads to an exit to the Capital world below. For an pure organic his reflexes are very sharp and his great skill is evident in his handling of the combat support vehicle. If you have an distrust of your ability to not sustain damage during violent maneuvers you don't need to put on the five point harness all the seats come equipped with and the crew are wearing.

As it is a long ride down the blue, green and brown globe looking as most human habitable planets in the galaxy do, the crew is bored and take to conversing with their new traveling companion. The squad

"So if you aren't a warbot, the 'Captain' kinda threw me,what kind of robot are you Mister Gold?"
Jin surveys the interior of the vehicle and it's occupants as the journey begins and replies, "I began my existence as a scientist and teacher, but for many years I have served aboard a passenger liner out of Permatic as a steward and officer. I achieved the rank of Captain on my last assignment. I decided that I want to be the Captain of my own ship, instead of one belonging to a large company, so I am here to attempt to acquire a ship of my own. Are you permitted to relate your own stories to me in return? I understand that sometimes, sophonts in your line of work are not always free to discuss such things, but I would enjoy hearing them."

SOLO 1324 SHULGI B512855-C
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst [FS 1725] Permatic (340-0199 PI) Descending to the Surface. [Afternoon].

Originally Posted by Sigmund

Jin surveys the interior of the vehicle and it's occupants as the journey begins and replies, "I began my existence as a scientist and teacher, but for many years I have served aboard a passenger liner out of Permatic as a steward and officer. I achieved the rank of Captain on my last assignment. I decided that I want to be the Captain of my own ship, instead of one belonging to a large company, so I am here to attempt to acquire a ship of my own. Are you permitted to relate your own stories to me in return? I understand that sometimes, sophonts in your line of work are not always free to discuss such things, but I would enjoy hearing them."
And here them you do. Tales of daring do, of fierce fighting in the Free States, of wounds taken and lives lost, of chaos versus or order, in all tales of war and those sophonts that take it as a profession.

As you descend to the surface your pilot/driver shows yet more skill, as well as a certain willingness to disregard authority and rules. It seems mercenary units are far more forgiving about such things than the national aerospace force of Therson's homeworld (which he refuses to speak of). Eventually it turns out Permatic Traffic Control shares a dislike for rule benders and warns the corporal to settle down, which he does grumbling about it the whole time. Eventually he gets sucked into the current topic, what sort of ship to purchase. While you have personal shares, it turns out they have company shares with which they are to purchase and crew a ship for their unit to have self transporting options finally. They don't seem to be real impressed with Repatriation Bonds as a method of transport.

You end up on an island in the southern hemisphere with a large and recent crater in it. By recent we of course mean in the geological sense, in the human life span sense it is several generations ago. Built into the crater's bowl is a complex of new construction. Housing, parks, offices and shops, the town that once stood here before the disaster seems to be growing out the ashes and rubble. Outside the crater the remains of the starport pads and warehouses have obviously been reconditioned, in addition there has been new construction going for sometime and continues here and there. It is out on the plains of the old port that you see starships (all of the ACS classification) arrayed. There are some newish ships, but most show the signs of one or more previous owners. Some look old enough to have been used in the Great War while other maybe only having survived through the Interregnum. The majority though are probably less than a century old and in used, but good condition. Or at least as far as one can tell from glances out the windows as you come into land at Harsh Landing's Smallcraft Pads.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 22nd, 2013 at 11:10 PM..
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:09 PM

Small Starburst [FS 1725] Permatic (340-0199 PI) Highport Main Concourse [1127 Local].

Originally Posted by TomeGnome.

The Rt. Hon. Miss Martha Smythe-Jones, The Master of the Household....

Then comes the traditional formal official boot heel click and accompanying bow. When she straitens up her Voice rings out.

"I am Commanded and Ordered by His Imperial and Royal Majesty Vladimir, Second of His Name, The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium, Lord of One Thousand Stars, etc. to act as His Name, Voice and Hand and see this personal Invitation hand delivered to you in time for the Holiday week functions at His Majesty's Palace as His Guest, where you will consult with Him on certain matters. I am then to await your response and convey it to Him."

Upon completing the ritual she extends the Invitation to Sordenrae, the front bearing the good Doctor's full name, titles, ranks and offices, as well as his current address.

Clearing his throat sheepishly, the Professor accepts the invitation with both hands, making a nodding bow as he does so. "Please accept my own apologies, for any delay I may have caused you with my unwarranted outburst. It will, of course, be my pleasure and honor to attend upon His Majesty in the coming holiday week." Not sure what to do next, his eyes slip over to Lita, who shrugs. "Ah...is that all? Is there something I should sign? I'm not at all sure of my ground, madam, to be completely frank." Meanwhile, his thoughts went to his minimal luggage, and what in the world one wore for an audience with an emperor. Probably not something designed for comfort, he reflected ruefully.
The Rt. Hon. Miss Martha Smythe-Jones,
The Master of the Household.

There is nothing for you to sign, my Word is good enough with His Majesty that coupled with the Reply you will give to me to convey to Him it is stipulated that you did indeed receive the Invitation as required by His Majesty. In addition, my memory is subject to examination, retrieval, copying and use in some courts as evidence.

You need do nothing more than craft a reply to His Majesty's Invitation and I do the rest. If your response:
"It will, of course, be my pleasure and honor to attend upon His Majesty in the coming holiday week."
is sufficient for you, then you need merely arrive as requested.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM

Jazzlvraz Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz

Areri Shashimamikuus,
Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Linguistics at Adishmu University.

Areri's enjoying a bit of blissful downtime, lying in the sun between fishing trips, at his friend Idumni's beach hotel on [FS0726] Kalash, reading Garir Esninra's latest plot-boiler, Betrayal Beneath the Waves: The Quelw Mission.
It is this pastime and location that allows you to see the sleek lines of a starship with the color scheme of an Imperial Courier appear over the horizon, it ends up overhead slowly spinning in place, the sub-perception awareness of the lifters keeping the vessel floating in the air as it searches for a clear landing zone thrums through you. Eventually, a human male in the Imperial Household Livery bearing the Armorial of Vladimir II descends gracefully from the rear airlock on a extremely small grav belt. As he does the ship takes off after dispensing equally sleek and similarly marked grav limo which begins orbiting the beach.

Lord Stephen Vilecashar, Imperial Courier touches down in front of you a smile on his face and in his hands a small object, white with Imperial purple edging...
[Sorry, Magnus, I've been hovering in the OOC board, and completely forgot this one existed]

"Forgive my shock, but I'm not sure anyone's ever worn that many clothes here before. Let me look for my shirt; I'm sure I saw it around here somewhere.

Would you care for a beer? They're always cold."

Last edited by Jazzlvraz; May 23rd, 2013 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Looking for a look
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM

Sigmund Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund

And here them you do. Tales of daring do, of fierce fighting in the Free States, of wounds taken and lives lost, of chaos versus or order, in all tales of war and those sophonts that take it as a profession.

As you descend to the surface your pilot/driver shows yet more skill, as well as a certain willingness to disregard authority and rules. It seems mercenary units are far more forgiving about such things than the national aerospace force of Therson's homeworld (which he refuses to speak of). Eventually it turns out Permatic Traffic Control shares a dislike for rule benders and warns the corporal to settle down, which he does grumbling about it the whole time. Eventually he gets sucked into the current topic, what sort of ship to purchase. While you have personal shares, it turns out they have company shares with which they are to purchase and crew a ship for their unit to have self transporting options finally. They don't seem to be real impressed with Repatriation Bonds as a method of transport.

You end up on an island in the southern hemisphere with a large and recent crater in it. By recent we of course mean in the geological sense, in the human life span sense it is several generations ago. Built into the crater's bowl is a complex of new construction. Housing, parks, offices and shops, the town that once stood here before the disaster seems to be growing out the ashes and rubble. Outside the crater the remains of the starport pads and warehouses have obviously been reconditioned, in addition there has been new construction going for sometime and continues here and there. It is out on the plains of the old port that you see starships (all of the ACS classification) arrayed. There are some newish ships, but most show the signs of one or more previous owners. Some look old enough to have been used in the Great War while other maybe only having survived through the Interregnum. The majority though are probably less than a century old and in used, but good condition. Or at least as far as one can tell from glances out the windows as you come into land at Harsh Landing's Smallcraft Pads.
Once the vehicle has safely come to a complete stop and the biologicals have begun disembarking, Jin steps from the vehicle and bows humbly saying, "My sincere thanks for the transport. I also thank you for sharing your stories with me, and I wish you a safe and prosperous future." Patting the pouch containing his portable computer, Jin then turns and begins walking steadily towards the nearest building.

SOLO 1324 SHULGI B512855-C
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:37 AM

77topaz Citizen
Default (333-0199 PI) Muzil Central Highport, [FS 1826] Muzil.

(OOC Note: I'm presuming the X-Mail - Courier delay was one week here; I could of course edit the post if needed)

In one of the foyers of the Muzil Central Highport, a small crowd of scholars and officials has amassed. The majority are glancing upwards, towards the upper levels of the highport, which are currently unoccupied and quiet. Directly above them, at the very top of the highport, is a large dome of reinforced glass.
One of the aforementioned scholars, Djer Ursenev, who also happens to possess an Imperial Knighthood, is talking to several of his colleagues while waiting for several key officials to arrive.
'From the dome, a telescope would be free of light pollution from cities on the surface, but would still rotate with the planet and thus observe a full 360 degrees of space,' Djer explains.
A minor official from the starport walks by and interjects: 'Well, at least, it would give those upper floors a purpose.' He, and someone behind him, laugh, while the scholars nearby merely nod.
Suddenly, a "BING" sound announces the arrival of a nearby elevator, and out rushes Andrew Wath, an Assistant Professor of Astronomy at the University of the Thirteen Towers. A few minutes ago, he had left the congregation in order to look for the starport's directors, who had been scheduled to arrive at the meeting.
'Hey, guys, there's an Imperial Courier headed this way. He's coming up one of the elevators right now. Usually there's some sort of announcement whenever they come, since they're so... prestigious. Do any of you know of any announcements like that?' Wath asks the group in general, frowning slightly.
'Maybe something to do with the directors?' the minor starport official suggests. Immediately, several of his colleagues starting talking in protest.
After about ten seconds, Djer Ursenev steps forward, and says: 'Hm, I received an X-Mail about a week ago which stated that I should expect an Imperial Courier. About what, I don't know. That might be why the Courier is here.'
Before anyone can respond to this statement, an elevator behind the group emits a loud "BING"...
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Small Starburst [Referee] [FS 1826] Muzil (333-0199 PI) Muzil Central Highport [Evening].

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77topaz View Post
(OOC Note: I'm presuming the (324-0199 PI) X-Mail - Courier delay was one (345-0199 PI) weeks (but Djer doesn't know that.) here; I could of course edit the post if needed)

Please, for the love all that is good in reading, please, separate your paragraphs with a line break. Please. It isn't dignified for a Ref to beg, but I am.

In one of the foyers of the Muzil Central Highport, a small crowd of scholars and officials has amassed. The majority are glancing upwards, towards the upper levels of the highport, which are currently unoccupied and quiet. Directly above them, at the very top of the highport, is a large dome of reinforced glass.

One of the aforementioned scholars, Djer Ursenev, who also happens to possess an Imperial Knighthood, is talking to several of his colleagues while waiting for several key officials to arrive.

'From the dome, a telescope would be free of light pollution from cities on the surface, but would still rotate with the planet and thus observe a full 360 degrees of space,' Djer explains.

A minor official from the starport walks by and interjects: 'Well, at least, it would give those upper floors a purpose.' He, and someone behind him, laugh, while the scholars nearby merely nod.

Suddenly, a "BING" sound announces the arrival of a nearby elevator, and out rushes Andrew Wath, an Assistant Professor of Astronomy at the University of the Thirteen Towers. A few minutes ago, he had left the congregation in order to look for the starport's directors, who had been scheduled to arrive at the meeting.

'Hey, guys, there's an Imperial Courier headed this way. He's coming up one of the elevators right now. Usually there's some sort of announcement whenever they come, since they're so... prestigious. Do any of you know of any announcements like that?' Wath asks the group in general, frowning slightly.

'Maybe something to do with the directors?' the minor starport official suggests. Immediately, several of his colleagues starting talking in protest.
After about ten seconds, Djer Ursenev steps forward, and says: 'Hm, I received an X-Mail about a week ago which stated that I should expect an Imperial Courier. About what, I don't know. That might be why the Courier is here.'

Before anyone can respond to this statement, an elevator behind the group emits a loud "BING"...
Warden Ashgarn Wilkens,
Chief Warden of the Muzil Ports (ISA).

As the BING fades, out of the elevator steps Ashgarn with the obligatory entourage all chattering away at first but calming into professional mode. The Warden appears a bit shook up, but smooths out some imagined wrinkles in his coat and strides forward.

"Greetings and salutations Gentlebeings. My apologies on my somewhat late arrival, as you may well be aware an Imperial Courier visited, it turns out she was here to see me.

I have been ordered to Capital.

However, that is not until the end of the year, so till then what is all this about taking the center of the observation dome and installing a telescope there?"

And so it goes another day, another wrangling with the Bureaucracies. Not quiet the glamorous days you thought you would have when you dreamed of being an empires-wide famous Professor of Cosmology as an under grad, but it is what it is this Ivory Tower life. The project, of course as all large projects do, takes over your life. So not having had time to worry about what to have for dinner much less old X-Mail messages, it is that on 345-0199 PI when you enter your office after another session of trying convince the Port Authority and the numerous other interests to do the good thing for science and sacrifice the dome for the telescope you suddenly find yourself face to face with what appears to be not only an Imperial Courier, but an Imperial Navy Admiral as well sitting in your office chairs. It is not the Courier, but the Admiral who first speaks.

"Could you kindly close the door, Professor? This would be a private discussion."

See? I told you I would get back to posting. Now, I do have to get something to eat, shop for those foodstuffs and get rent in on time, so the rest of ya are gonna have to wait for a smidge. But, I'll be back.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 30th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: , moved date (because I can manipulate time, in the PI at least) to its proper location.
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:48 AM

Small Starburst [FS0726] Kalash (335-0199 PI) Idumni's hotel beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzlvraz View Post
[Sorry, Magnus, I've been hovering in the OOC board, and completely forgot this one existed]
No problems, gave me some slack and the Ref (and Bob) loves him some slack.

"Forgive my shock, but I'm not sure anyone's ever worn that many clothes here before. Let me look for my shirt; I'm sure I saw it around here somewhere.

Would you care for a beer? They're always cold."
Lord Stephen Vilecashar,
Imperial Courier.

"Not at the moment.", his Battle (Navy) is impeccable as is his posture as he assumes a formal pose. The envelope he pulled from the left pocket of his livery coat as he landed is shining white even in the sun, the purple edging catching the light, the Seal brilliant royal blue with trailing silkage ribbons of purple. He clicks his heels, bows and then speaks as he extends the envelope.

"Professor Areri Shashimamikuus, in the Name, Voice, and Hand of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, The Emperor of the Permatic Imperium, Vladimir the Second of His Name, I am Commanded to see this Invitation is hand delivered to you and bring to His Majesty your reply."

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; May 31st, 2013 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: stuffs.