Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

View Poll Results: What sort of adventures do you want to play?
Trade and Commerce 30 49.18%
Military Campaign 24 39.34%
Diplomatic and Court Intrigues 16 26.23%
Exploration 45 73.77%
Other: Post Answer 7 11.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 9th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+
Thumbs up Like explorations don't get shot at.

I am good with exploration. Idiot scientist have a way of pissing off the locals. Having a killer with them will keep those same scientists safe.

Then there is the Discoverer's Share of any finds. That doesn't hurt at all.

After all, I need buckets of RU sized credits to get Pecias' starport upgraded to A, what with all the necessary infrastructure that needs added, the industrial capacity needed, etc.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Thumbs up Thanks, buttmonkey! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
I am good with exploration. Idiot scientist have a way of pissing off the locals. Having a killer with them will keep those same scientists safe.

Then there is the Discoverer's Share of any finds. That doesn't hurt at all.

After all, I need buckets of RU sized credits to get Pecias' starport upgraded to A, what with all the necessary infrastructure that needs added, the industrial capacity needed, etc.
Sweet! I had not even thought of the whole Expedition getting Discovery Grants. I got so hung up on the individual CharGen that I completely did not remember that for all that myth of the lone, scruffy, can-do, survive on an egg and a piece of string, mostly they come in pairs on Acitve Duty. Those aforementioned lone Scouts are almost all Detached Duty ones, often even X-Boats have a two Sophont crew.

So, if in reality Scouts come in groups and in with full-on Expeditions like those of OPERATION: TRAILING CARRIAGE an entire Scout Troop may be part of a Discovery...hmmm. Sounds like something that might have its precedent in old High Imperial Law where one Scout got shafted "out of a share of the Discovery Grant and it is the decision of this Court that the Plaintiff be awarded an equal share of Discovery Land Grant awarded to the Commander of the Imperial Exploration Ship Noxious Fumes and the base income of Credits Imperial Ten Thousand per Standard Year paid out the Imperial Treasury in lieu of income received by development of said Grant. It is also the Decision of the Court that the Plaintiff's award of of base income....Imperial High Court of Appeals, Wiigim v. Sanchezvov at 21.

Good to know you are on board, I have plenty to explore.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Margrave

Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
So, if in reality Scouts come in groups and in with full-on Expeditions like those of OPERATION: TRAILING CARRIAGE an entire Scout Troop may be part of a Discovery...hmmm. Sounds like something that might have its precedent in old High Imperial Law where one Scout got shafted "out of a share of the Discovery Grant and it is the decision of this Court that the Plaintiff be awarded an equal share of Discovery Land Grant awarded to the Commander of the Imperial Exploration Ship Noxious Fumes and the base income of Credits Imperial Ten Thousand per Standard Year paid out the Imperial Treasury in lieu of income received by development of said Grant. It is also the Decision of the Court that the Plaintiff's award of of base income....Imperial High Court of Appeals, Wiigim v. Sanchezvov at 21.

Good to know you are on board, I have plenty to explore.

Careful with all that court case stuff, or I might just make a lawyer/advocate and tie up the game in litigation.

Rufus the Immortal, HAH! I picture George Carlin from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.

Last edited by pendragonman; April 10th, 2014 at 12:17 AM..
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:54 AM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Exclamation Try me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Careful with all that court case stuff, or I might just make a lawyer/advocate and tie up the game in litigation.

Rufus the Immortal, HAH! I picture George Carlin from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Fair Warning! The reason my game comes with little bits of law is while I may not practice, I enjoy reading law.

Had not gone that far as to imagine His looks, but I can run with that as a base. I always have loved George's stuff.

Well, been a long day and it is looking expensive on the computer front, plus Ship's Cat wants sleep.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

LJHornmoy Citizen
Smile Waving hello.

Hello Magnus-
Here I am. Probably the quickest way to do this is to ask, What sort of PC would you like to add to the game? What career gap would you like to fill in the PC line up?

Since this is an ATU, there's a bit of a learning curve and I do have some time constraints (i.e. I am writing a novel and trying to get a stable of short stories and novellas published). So I am highly flexible. So whatever you need, i can be. :-)

Hit me, oh Magnus.

Best regards - LJHornmoy.
Old April 11th, 2014, 05:59 PM

Arrow Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHornmoy View Post
Hello Magnus-
Here I am. Probably the quickest way to do this is to ask, What sort of PC would you like to add to the game? What career gap would you like to fill in the PC line up?

Since this is an ATU, there's a bit of a learning curve and I do have some time constraints (i.e. I am writing a novel and trying to get a stable of short stories and novellas published). So I am highly flexible. So whatever you need, i can be. :-)

Hit me, oh Magnus.

Best regards - LJHornmoy.
Sorry, passed out, was very long day.

Well, I have a genuine, no holds barred killer already, so something not a straight kill it (not that those are bad) would be useful. As long as it is a small group one PC kill-it should be enough. If you are feeling daring and want to kick in your two cents to the ATU I do have some non-humans who might benefit from a player running one. Right now they are all notes, no play, thus no souls. (I wish auto-correct understood, that I actually use the word "thus" and stop trying to make it "this".) Now, I have to admit that I have ulterior motives for pushing the aliens, but I will also note that when they get published the first couple of players for a specific Sophont species gets to see their name in print.

Now, if you do decide to bite the hook. We will need to work a bit more than human characters would require.

Some quick notes, robo-people are full Citizens (or Subjects), they can not be held in slavery, assaulted or killed, just like meatbags. Psionics are not feared like the OTU, but there are still penalties for bad behavior, or example, skimming even surface thoughts without "knocking" first is considered at worst noobish and impolite to potentially unlawful. Probably a misdemeanor for the first time. Also, I have a lot of non-human Sophonts scattered about the sector (see the thread on NIL) and the Imperial Max is TL-H (17) and the Imperium is currently upgrading it shipyards to begin standard AM PP installations. The Hop Drives are still an Imperial Navy secret. That I think is the major stuff.

As to Careers, got me. Scouts are useful, a Merchie could get some T&C action going on which I am pretty sure the Force Commander wouldn't mind, and while FC Martel is a fine grunt and kill it, not so sure he has the ship skills a Spacer would have. But in the end, dude, play what makes you happiest even if that is another killing machine disguised as a human. I can handle whatever you bring, I game with [VR], The Group That Breaks Stuff. I ain't scared.

Ping me with an email if you would and I will send you a link to the Library Data/DropBox.

Well. Off to look at breakfast. I will be around...

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 12th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

LJHornmoy Citizen
Thumbs up I get to play an alien? Cool!

I will bite the hook. The opportunity to help flesh out an sophont species is too good to resist! I will ping you with an email as per your request.

And since Scout is open this time, I will grab that. An alien explorer is rich with RP'ing potential.

Talk to you soon. - LJH
Old April 12th, 2014, 02:08 AM

Thumbs up Coolness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHornmoy View Post
I will bite the hook. The opportunity to help flesh out an sophont species is too good to resist! I will ping you with an email as per your request.

And since Scout is open this time, I will grab that. An alien explorer is rich with RP'ing potential.

Talk to you soon. - LJH
I look forward to seeing it.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:04 AM

Gallery : 7
Visit Baron Saarthuran's Blog
Baron Saarthuran Citizen

Ok, I have a Count, that so far, is

College/Academy
Imperial Navy (2 terms)
Noble (4 terms)

age 50

human?

Magnus, how apesmack may i go in this concept?
Old April 13th, 2014, 02:36 AM

Gallery : 7
Visit Baron Saarthuran's Blog
Baron Saarthuran Citizen

I'd like to develop Count Ories