Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Far Trader > Public Area

Old May 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Tombstone jackets are an oddity; they are usually bought by the survivors, as a tribute to the fallen. And they're not that uncommon, but they also are not worn much. Widows may be given them, too.
Save when an entire civilization collapses. As I think Baron is thinking of TNE. So, yes, there is disgust the 3I in some circles but in others their might be others who would just accept the regalia and all. Just not pomp and pagnetry that goes along with it.

IMTU, it is very much akin to Fall of the Roman Empire, where the survivors take stones from Roman Temples and Villas and begin to construct their Churches and Castles. And, at the same time, as different polities emerge so do different styles. Thus, birthing the new order or new era.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old May 31st, 2011, 01:29 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baeron Gredlocke View Post
One of the reasons I like the idea of a ship's sigil/coat of arms/logo/whatever is for promotional collateral. If this series becomes popular mugs, patches, or caps or something would be great promotional giveaways at the cons. Even without the "ship's logo idea, though, I doubt we'll be at a loss for that sort of thing.
I was going to suggest that myself
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Baeron Gredlocke Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton View Post
I was going to suggest that myself
Presuming this becomes popular enough to justify making DVD's of the series available, I like the idea of including an imperial starburst (or Regency Logo) patch in each DVD case