Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Sylean Academy of Art and Design

Sylean Academy of Art and Design Computer graphics, physical models, and other artistic projects

Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 28
navanod Citizen
Default What kind of ships do people want to see?

Always looking ahead to my next project, I got to wondering what kind of ships (or buildings or people or whatever) you guys wanted to see. Most everyone doing renderings has done (or is doing) the basics - scout, free trader, far trader, subbie, lab ship, etc. And there's a lot of good, original work being done as well.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good place to compile a 'wish list' of stuff for people to reference. Fire away!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 27
Visit Major B's Blog
Major B Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by navanod View Post
Anyway, I thought this would be a good place to compile a 'wish list' of stuff for people to reference. Fire away!
Well, if it's a wish list then #1 is the assault ship that I'm designing. Citadel is the class name. Nothing posted yet because I'm still busy with the vehicles and equipment designs.

And after that a Midu Agashaam.

Captain Kaff Tagon: “Where’s your sense of adventure?”
Captain Kevyn Andreyasn: “It died under mysterious circumstances. My sense of self-preservation found the body, but assures me it has an airtight alibi.”
-- Schlock Mercenary, 22 July 2005.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM

Gallery : 6
Gray Lensman Citizen

Something like the Broadsword yet not the Broadsword, about J3/M3/A3, that carries a serious military Platoon complete with Rapid Deployment Vehicles. Armed and Armored to the Max of Course. AND Fully streamlined so that it can land.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 0
Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

I like the idea of a passenger liner...
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)
Old November 24th, 2010, 09:52 AM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTrav View Post
I like the idea of a passenger liner...
http://www.traveller3d.com/gallery/liner.jpg
Old November 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 28
navanod Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major B View Post

And after that a Midu Agashaam.
Hmmm...are there deckplans floating around for the Midu Agashaam? ISTR seeing them someplace, but the location escapes me at the moment.
Old November 24th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Visit Major B's Blog
Major B Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by navanod View Post
Hmmm...are there deckplans floating around for the Midu Agashaam? ISTR seeing them someplace, but the location escapes me at the moment.
Vampire Fleets has deckplans for a damaged Midu Agashaam-class, but I have a bunch of issues with them. I've completed a redesign using MT rules with the intent to make my own deckplans but that project is waiting until I finish the assault ship.

Captain Kevyn Andreyasn: “It died under mysterious circumstances. My sense of self-preservation found the body, but assures me it has an airtight alibi.”
Old November 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major B View Post
Vampire Fleets has deckplans for a damaged Midu Agashaam-class, but I have a bunch of issues with them. I've completed a redesign using MT rules with the intent to make my own deckplans but that project is waiting until I finish the assault ship.
It's *ugly*.
Old November 24th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Visit Major B's Blog
Major B Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton View Post
It's *ugly*.
Quite true, but it's an ugly that says "just give me an excuse to burn a hole through your hull." Besides, you just think it's ugly because no one has done a good rendering of it yet.

The donut around the nose makes me curious too. I have a couple of ideas what it might be for but there is no mention in anything I've read.

Old November 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 0
Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

Ooooo...

I'm tempted to put out a landscape-oriented issue of FT just so I can use that as the cover...
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)