Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing such a CDRom for $40.00?
Yes! 188 89.52%
No not really 22 10.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 18th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
vutpakdi Citizen
A CD-ROM of PDFs would be much cheaper, easier, and faster for Marc to produce and sell. I'd like to have both since paper is easier to read but PDFs are easier to search and are more transportable.

That being said, a CD-ROM of PDFs would definitely be on my buy list. Since the CD-ROM won't be sold in stores, I don't think that fancy packaging would add much other than production cost and delay.

Ron
Old November 18th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Talking

Packaging would not be important but it would sell better, if the cover had the Rebellion Sourcebook the be on the cover and maybe the on the back, something like the COACC sourcebook .

As both of these covers inspired me to go and get more Traveller. But, that is only thinking of marketing this product to a larger audience than the Traveller community. If it is only the Traveller community, just a paper sleave would be fine.

I know Marc has talked about this for some time just how serious is he, Hunter? And, do you have any idea for a release date?

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/

Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Talking

Packaging would not be important but it would sell better, if the cover had the Rebellion Sourcebook the be on the cover and maybe the on the back, something like the COACC sourcebook .

As both of these covers inspired me to go and get more Traveller. But, that is only thinking of marketing this product to a larger audience than the Traveller community. If it is only the Traveller community, just a paper sleave would be fine.

I know Marc has talked about this for some time just how serious is he, Hunter? And, do you have any idea for a release date?

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/

Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
Talking

Old November 19th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Secrect Cow Level Citizen
Unhappy

Sorry, but if it's not dead tree then I'm not intreasted. Now all three MT core books in a hard bound edition for $40.00 I'd buy in an instant...

Unhappy

Sorry, but if it's not dead tree then I'm not intreasted. Now all three MT core books in a hard bound edition for $40.00 I'd buy in an instant...

Unhappy

Old November 19th, 2003, 06:52 AM

Elliot Citizen
Cant see it would contain Digest material as a much maligned third party owns the (C) to that.

It would be good if the errata could be fixed in the CD Rom - e.g. the Merchant extended character generation table made usable without going to errata or Merchant Prince. Everyone uses PDF's now and MT (best edition of Traveller that it was) is now an artefact rather than a current rulez system.

Elliot Citizen
Cant see it would contain Digest material as a much maligned third party owns the (C) to that.

It would be good if the errata could be fixed in the CD Rom - e.g. the Merchant extended character generation table made usable without going to errata or Merchant Prince. Everyone uses PDF's now and MT (best edition of Traveller that it was) is now an artefact rather than a current rulez system.

Elliot Citizen

Closed Thread