Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old March 30th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+
Following my rethinking of my house-rules logic, I've decided to seperate my Striker work (I'm involved with the development of Striker-III) from my CT work. I will continue to work on Striker and its designs, but I'm trying to design simpler, more LBB-style combat house-rules for CT.

What I need from such a system is:
1) Up to 3 die rolls per attack; 2 is preferrable.
2) PC-scale centric; should involve vehicles and small starships (i.e. the PCs' Scout/Courier and its Air/Raft or ATV chases ala Across the Bright Face, but not battles between tank platoons or between big ships), but the focus is on individuals/robots and very few vehicles (an ATV or Air/Raft or two).
3) Should use the UGM task system.
4) Should be played using 3 A4-sized pages during combat itself: the PC's chartacter sheet, a one-page combat summery sheet and the Referee's NPC/animal sheet.Sure, tables and lists (of weapons, armor, skills, attribute effects etc) would be consulted at chargen or when purchasing, but not during combat.
5) Should incorporate several damage types (i.e. flechettes/shoguns VS standard round VS fire) if possible. For example, a shotgun blast is far more devastating for an unarmored character than a solid slug, but is stopped very easily by armor.
6) Damage should be done using the CT-LBB1 system (i.e. damaging attributes).
7) Things such as hand grenades, molotov cocktails and flamethrowers should be integrated.
8) Nonlethal damage should be covered.
9) Covering/Supressive Fire should be included.

What I was thinking about was a modification on the CT-LBB1 system in which range does not serve as a DM (but has a UGM difficulty to hit); longarms have a negative DM in very short ranges; the part of the armor matrix relevant to the PC's weapon is copied to the char sheet and used as a DM; UGM is used to hit; Armor, in addition to giving a DM to hit, also absorbs dice of damage, i.e. a 2D melee weapon attacking a person in Jack (1D absorbtion) only does 1D damage.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.