Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 11th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-2

Gallery : 0
Doctor X Citizen

Tunnaud nods at McBean's instruction and takes up the handle of his pullcart.

"No doubt, we zhall 'ave a far more interesting aftairnoon zan ze English, wit' zeir cricket and ze bails and ze wickets. Zo tell me, M'suier, what do you know about ze ship and 'er engines?"
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
Tunnaud nods at McBean's instruction and takes up the handle of his pullcart.

"No doubt, we zhall 'ave a far more interesting aftairnoon zan ze English, wit' zeir cricket and ze bails and ze wickets. Zo tell me, M'suier, what do you know about ze ship and 'er engines?"
"Well, the extra atmospheric ones are built by myself, so I know them quite well, about the atmospheric ones, I was an engineer officer in the Navy" answers McBean. "Let's check them all, we cannot afford them to fail".

McBean checks the atmospheric engines, asking Tunnaud to double check them:

Observation 5 (if steam mechanics is the correct skill, as he has 4 on it, disregard the last number): (5d6)[2][3][3][5][3](16).

Same with extra atmospheric boiler:

Observation 5 (if steam mechanics is the correct skill, as he has 4 on it, disregard the last number): (5d6)[1][3][3][1][5](13).

Same with Ether propeller:

Observation 5 (if physics is the correct skill, as he has 4 on it, disregard the last number): (5d6)[6][3][2][4][5](20).

When finished, and assuming Lt McPee has returned, he begins at the bridge:

Checking orrery (asking McPee to double check):

Observation 5 (if precision mechanics is the correct skill, as he has 2 on it, read only the first two numbers): (5d6)[3][3][2][1][1](10).

Same with etherometer:

Observation 5 (if precision mechanics is the correct skill, as he has 2 on it, read only the first two numbers): (5d6)[4][2][6][1][5](18).

Same with controls:

Observation 5 (if precision mechanics is the correct skill, as he has 2 on it, read only the first two numbers): (5d6)[1][4][2][6][1](14).

After that, he asks the crew to assemble in the conservatory to share observations.

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.

Last edited by McPerth; February 12th, 2014 at 12:51 PM..
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Nothing seems tampered with. (You're not so certain about the orrery being right, tho'. It's not been tampered with, but you realize your as-builts and drafts don't match...)

the paperwork seems all in order, but the fact that the Colour Serjeant has two invoices for one delivery seems...

When asked, Charley responds, visibly straining to speak proper English, "I suspect the Colour isn't a tamperer at all. Lay odds both these invoices been filled, and the Oh-Ess is getting drilled for salables. We get ours, and he peculates the rest."

The Serjeant Major looks like he's ready to drag the Colour Sjt out back over this... except that he's outmassed by about 2 stone.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:24 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Nothing seems tampered with. (You're not so certain about the orrery being right, tho'. It's not been tampered with, but you realize your as-builts and drafts don't match...)
"Perhaps the mis-match is due to movement of th' planets since th' plans was drawn? Can we check that th' orrery matches where the planets is at right now?" (This is Carson speculating, just on Intellect and lots of reading about planets as a child; he has no actual Science or Astronomy skills with which to check this himself.)

Quote:
the paperwork seems all in order, but the fact that the Colour Serjeant has two invoices for one delivery seems...

When asked, Charley responds, visibly straining to speak proper English, "I suspect the Colour isn't a tamperer at all. Lay odds both these invoices been filled, and the Oh-Ess is getting drilled for salables. We get ours, and he peculates the rest."
Carson requests that Charley keep the invoices and lay it all out to the Major for investigation, even after departure of the airship if necessary. [Is there something like a manifest that will show what was actually loaded aboard ship, so that Charley can also show that to the Major?]

Quote:
The Serjeant Major looks like he's ready to drag the Colour Sjt out back over this... except that he's outmassed by about 2 stone.
Carson stands ready to assist Sgt Major Veers if he requests. Carson is a bit larger (ST 4) and has already intimidated Color Sgt Dennis a bit.

Carson is also still waiting for the Sgt Major's reply to Carson's request for assignment of a rotating watch to guard the airship until departure.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 13th, 2014 at 04:18 AM..
Old February 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

The CSM orders his boys to fetch the irons. "Colour Serjeant Dennis, You are under arrest for suspicion of embezzlement. Boys, haul him off to the brig." Turning to McBeam, "With your permission, sir, and unless you have charges to add. It was your ship, after all." Veers voice is a rich bass, but it gets lost in the kerfluffle when a cricket ball bounces off the tailfin of the Highland Pride. After a moment, "By your leave, Leftenent," he says to McPhee.

[He'll be hauling the prisoner off in irons if not stopped by a PC.]

Colour Sjt Dennis has remained remarkably passive about this all.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:19 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
The CSM orders his boys to fetch the irons. "Colour Serjeant Dennis, You are under arrest for suspicion of embezzlement. Boys, haul him off to the brig." Turning to McBeam, "With your permission, sir, and unless you have charges to add. It was your ship, after all." Veers voice is a rich bass, but it gets lost in the kerfluffle when a cricket ball bounces off the tailfin of the Highland Pride. After a moment, "By your leave, Leftenent," he says to McPhee.

[He'll be hauling the prisoner off in irons if not stopped by a PC.]
[Carson has asked this at least four times already without any response, but will nevertheless try again and will persist until he has a reply from Veers.]

"Sgt Major Veers, it is my understanding that th' OS men doing guard duty at various points around th' Director's House are under your command. I would deeply appreciate it, and I'm sure the ship's officers would as well, if you would assign a rotating watch of two men to keep guard on this airship until it departs, to prevent any further unauthorized access such as today's by Colour Sgt Dennis. If you need an order from Major Fellows, I can ask Lance Sgt Charley to prepare it for the Major's signature when 'is cricketing is complete."

Quote:
Colour Sjt Dennis has remained remarkably passive about this all.
And that kinda bothers Carson. It is as if Dennis expects to get off or escape somehow.

"Where exactly are you taking my prisoner, Sgt Major Veers? Y'know, just in case Major Fellows has additional questions an' so forth?"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old February 14th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[Carson has asked this at least four times already without any response, but will nevertheless try again and will persist until he has a reply from Veers.]

"Sgt Major Veers, it is my understanding that th' OS men doing guard duty at various points around th' Director's House are under your command. I would deeply appreciate it, and I'm sure the ship's officers would as well, if you would assign a rotating watch of two men to keep guard on this airship until it departs, to prevent any further unauthorized access such as today's by Colour Sgt Dennis. If you need an order from Major Fellows, I can ask Lance Sgt Charley to prepare it for the Major's signature when 'is cricketing is complete."

And that kinda bothers Carson. It is as if Dennis expects to get off or escape somehow.

"Where exactly are you taking my prisoner, Sgt Major Veers? Y'know, just in case Major Fellows has additional questions an' so forth?"
"The Rotation of men will be arranged, as a courtesy, once the prisoner is secured. I'm taking him to your home regiment's confinement facility; we lack one here." His tone is almost sneering.

You have no doubt that the Colour Serjeant is going to get locked up, but you have doubts whether it's personal or professional for Veers. He certainly seems not to appreciate your tone, but since neither of you is in the others' chain of command... it's clear he doesn't feel you're entitled to answers, but is giving them because he expects to not hear the end of it if he pushes too hard. That dangerous, Be careful not to step on my toes again, Mister tone of voice and hard glare. "Of course, if you'd rather, I'll have him shackeled to the most solid looking thing in the airship...." He shoots imploring looks at McBean and McPhee.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:19 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

"Very well, Sgt Major. I just want to be complete in my report to the Major when his game is finished." Carson tosses Veers a casual half-salute1 and turns back to the airship to confer with Mr. McBean.

(If Lance Sgt Charley is still around, Carson thanks him for his help and suggests that he file the invoices and any other papers related to Colour Sgt Dennis in a safe place where they are unlikely to be found by anyone unauthorized, until they can be presented to the Major later.)

Carson will then make his way to wherever Mr. McBean is currently, to make his report regarding the inspection and to inquire as to whether McBean still wishes to make a trip into town.

[Last time post I can find is for 1:10 PM; is it still fairly early afternoon now?]

FN 1: Not a formal salute as would be made to an officer, more of a casual wave common between NCOs when officers are not around. Between friends, it is comparable to a civilian waving hello or goodbye. Between NCOs not in each other's chain of command but with no especial enmity, it tends to mean, "I respect you in your responsibility, you respect me in my responsibility, and we'll get along just fine." Between enemies, it means, "I'm done with you for now, but there will be more later."

Sgt Major Veers's attitude seems to indicate that the first meaning is not appropriate; Carson will leave it up to Veers as to which of the latter two meanings he wants to take from it.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old February 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Probably about 2:15pm.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
"Of course, if you'd rather, I'll have him shackeled to the most solid looking thing in the airship...." He shoots imploring looks at McBean and McPhee.
"I don't think that a good idea" says McBean, trying to take it as a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Carson will then make his way to wherever Mr. McBean is currently, to make his report regarding the inspection and to inquire as to whether McBean still wishes to make a trip into town.
[I understood the ship will be leaving tomorrow]

"I'd just like to chek the orrery and the drafts again, as they seem not to match" Answers McBean. "I'd appreciate if you could go for the rifle as we told, though, be it an elephant gun or a bufalo one (or even both, as they can be Handy against disnos), and as much ammo as possible" he says, handing Carson 20 Ł, if he acepts going for it.

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.

Last edited by McPerth; February 14th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: fixing quote