Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
Since my television viewing is pretty much the local news, along with the occasional baseball game or maybe football game, and I do not have cable (never could justify the cost to myself), that explains why I know nothing about it.
I don't have regular TV at home, either, but you can watch all of the Firefly TV series plus the Serenity movie on Netflix for a $7.99 one month subscription - then quit if you don't find anything else that you want to keep the subscription for. Probably cheaper than getting it all on DVDs, definitely cheaper than a night at the movies - 16 hours of entertainment, and as others have said, very Traveller-like.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:27 PM

Gallery : 0
BytePro Citizen

Firefly is pretty darn good. Serenity is okay too, though, like myself, all the fans I've talked to preferred the TV shows. I've bought several sets over the years to give to various family members - to avoid them borrowing mine.

[No TV here either - suffer from acute advertisement adverseness... its a side affect of severe stupidity intolerance...]
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I don't have regular TV at home, either, but you can watch all of the Firefly TV series plus the Serenity movie on Netflix for a $7.99 one month subscription - then quit if you don't find anything else that you want to keep the subscription for. Probably cheaper than getting it all on DVDs, definitely cheaper than a night at the movies - 16 hours of entertainment, and as others have said, very Traveller-like.
Thank you for the information, but I believe that I will pass.
Do you have a security clearance? New Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit savage's Blog
savage Citizen
Default Firefly

If she has a new game coming out that's great but it's a Traveller show.

We'll just continue to unofficially convert stuff for personal use only.

I gave up on TV a couple years ago too.
Sarriiu of Depot, CORR1511 50 KB
Count Efate, SPIN1705, Mar Skull, SPIN2420
Knight Ngimi ANTA2535, Mar Syzygy SOLO3006
TAS LISH2836
http://corridordepot.blogspot.com/
Cry Havoc and let slip the VARGRs of war.
William Shakespeare's Revised Works,"Julius Caesar", Act 3 scene 1. MTU654