Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Contact!

Contact! Submit your favorite original Minor Alien Races for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old April 30th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
combatmedic Citizen
Default Wuans (not my creation, but expanded a bit by me)

FIRST: I didn’t create the Wuans.
So far as I have been able to determine, the Wuans were introduced in a book I do not own: http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/File:SolomaniAslan_200.jpg
I’m assuming that either Peter Celella or James Holden created the Wuans and their history.

My principal source on them is this article:

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Wuans

My take on the Wuans (at least until and unless I find better published or fan material):

The Wuans' ancestors came mainly from Taiwan, Korea, Japan, the Russian Far East, and Australia.
Languages include Common Wuan (derived from a creole used by the early settlers) and Rim Anglic.

Population of the Wuan planets includes:

Wuan Workers
Wuan Executives
Wuan Ferals
Baseline Wuans and other common Solomani
some Vilani and mixed-race humans

The Ferals are something new I’m adding. These guys are descended from the human products of a failed Long Night period experiment aimed at creating a soldier/enforcer caste, mixed with tag ends of other castes and races.
The Wuans of old times didn’t geneer all the kiddos. That would not be wise. They kept a Baseline population to retain sufficient genetic diversity for eugenic and medical purposes.

Stats(still in draft form, advice very much appreciated)

Execs gain +1 to INT and +1 DM to all aging rolls (yes, that bonus stacks with anagathics) but subtract 1 from DEX (won't drop it below 2). Their brains have been tweaked for better analytical ability and memory, with the unintended side effect of somewhat reduced reaction time (too busy analyzing and forming memories to react as quickly as they might).

Workers gain +1 END and take -1 to Party Standing (but this won't drop it below 2). They can work long hours without flagging, and stay focused on the job at hand. But their tendency to single-mindedness doesn't suit the sort of social maneuvering and multitasking required to advance in the Party or move up in management.

Ferals are quick and strong, but most lack the aptitude and patience for formal education. Their personalities tend strongly toward savagery and animalistic instinct. +1 to STR and DEX, -1 EDU, Party Standing defaults to 2 as if they were mixed-race or non-Solomani humans.

Baselines are normal Solomani, as per the CT Alien Race module.

Last edited by combatmedic; April 30th, 2017 at 09:38 PM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.