Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
The Adminator

Gallery : 41
Andrew Boulton Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOguaR View Post
T5 rules!
It certainly does - it's just passed $100,000!
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
saundby Citizen

It's interesting (and almost inevitable) to compare T5's progress with the recent runaway success, Ogre Designer's Edition*:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/tra...r-5th-edition/

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/847...gners-edition/

I know that for myself I ended up putting more than double my original amount into Ogre to get extras. I was late in pulling the trigger on Ogre, even though I started following it early. Part of that was wanting to get a sense of how realistic SJ was being about the timeline of the project. A lot of those questions were answered for me in the project updates, where they shared active work they were doing on practical issues of production. I finally came in at the level I did in large part because of the confidence those posts engendered.

With T5 I have to admit to being a bit concerned about the ambitious schedule, particularly with respect to the production of such a large book (and during a time of year when there'll be competition for production facilities with lots of other customers) and wrapping up a rule set that still needs a fair bit of TLC.

One other thing--Kickstarter loves KS-specific swag, stuff that explicitly says "I supported this on Kickstarter!" It might be an easy extra or swag item to take a current Far Future product and print a new CD cover with a KS-specific message. Or a KS-specific shirt, Or whatever. SJG made a lot of their swag KS-only, which seems to have brought in people who might otherwise have just waited for product on shelves.

I'm not in on T5 yet, I'm still looking at this month's finances. I'd like a book, but I may just wait for the post-KS edition since I'm already a T5 CD owner so I've already got a stake in this project, and having to come in at the $100 level for a book makes it a bit tough (though I'd like to come in higher if I can save enough money out of what I'm having to put into my own business this month.) If there were a $75 book level for existing CD owners, I'd be in already. Then the only question I'd have is how much I'd "plus up" my order before the closing date (given that I'll be on vacation some of that time, it affects both my schedule and budget.)

I'm really glad to see this project make the funding level and then some. I am really looking forward to the end result.

-Mark

* Hands up, everyone, who's mixed Ogre with Traveller.
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gray Pennell Citizen

I debated myself since I only have enough money to spare for one product a month or so in the low levels. I supported the record breaking Amanda Palmer CD/Tour KS so I was burned out. The original T5 KS also didnt have good enough swag for me to spend my little entertainment money. Then I get an email that changed my mind and throw in.

KS is a great thing for projects that have an existing fan base so T5 is just such a project.
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Dragoner Citizen-

The kickstarter is just the capitalization of goodwill, an intangible asset on the balance sheet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_(accounting)

What is done with it will be unknown, though it could be used (with a business plan) to get real investment to start a business.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

jrregan Citizen
Default Rulebook Edition descriptions?

Is there a definition of the different editions of the rulebook somewhere? I didn't note any.
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Citizen: SOC-5

jpster Citizen
Default Not a reply but another question...

T5 question:
Does anyone know whether the deck plans will be in 15mm or 25mm scale?
Thanks
JP
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpster View Post
T5 question:
Does anyone know whether the deck plans will be in 15mm or 25mm scale?
Thanks
JP
1" -- so, appx 25mm.
Tools Link
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrregan View Post
Is there a definition of the different editions of the rulebook somewhere? I didn't note any.
I believe the differences in the core rules are only in the covers; content will be the same.
Tools Link
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:05 AM

VonPickles Citizen

Yeah im pretty new to all this Kickstarter malarchy!!! i would have loved to jump in at the $100 level for a book, but alas being in Oz its an extra $40 for pp!!! even with the OZ given the Greeny a thumping of late i still couldnt afford this before the due date
after trawling thru Kickstart i cant help notice how biased it is towards those outside the Ol' US of A
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Travellerspud Citizen

well, the $250,000 goal was exceeded easily...I guess that makes me at least a Baron in the new traveller....and everyone with a book a Knight!

paying for a Counthood was tempting, but in the end the T-shirt won out...

Congratulations to Marc for his successful Kickstart!

Last edited by Travellerspud; June 30th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: add last sentence