Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old March 24th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
F-23 Buffalo fighter
10 tons; MCr 6 (MCr 3 through the Commonwealth Mutual Assistance Program or Surplus Disposition Agency). TL9; but could be built at TL7. The F-23 has been phased out of frontline naval service, but can still be found in a few reserve and colonial squadrons and in many private and client state squadrons. It has atmospheric control surfaces and vectored thrust, which make it more effective in atmospheric combat. 2-G ("afterburners" allow 3-G for 3 turns), 1 pilot. 1 integral pulse laser, 2 ordinance hardpoints. Requires 1 ground crew. Typical missile loadouts:
-CAP -- 4 x AFM
-Strike -- 2 x SRAM/CRAM
-Ground Support -- 2 x GAM (250kg brilliant guided bomb). Integral laser sometimes replaced with VRF gauss pod.
Under what rules did you design the small craft in this tread? HG backported to LBB2?

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King
Old July 3rd, 2015, 12:23 AM

Gallery : 0
tbeard1999 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golan2072 View Post
Under what rules did you design the small craft in this tread? HG backported to LBB2?
I honestly can't recall, but I suspect that the fighters were designed by fiat. I.e., they were mods to the existing LBB2 fighter. For interest, I postulated a number of new systems (air to air missiles, brilliant munitions, etc.).

The dropship is the ship's boat with the serial numbers filed off. The Vindicator was probably a modification of one of the small craft.

The tiltrotors were projections (I.e., TL10 fusion powered) of modern (TL8) aircraft. The Commonwealth Marines' LAV was a similar projection of the current LAV III series of wheeled fighting vehicles.

Also, I note that I failed to list the abbreviations for the various ordnance packages I postulated:

Short Range Attack Missile (SRAM) 8 pts dmg, 6-G 2 turns
Close Range Attack Missile (CRAM) 12 pts dmg, 6-G, 1 turn
Long Range Attack Missile (LRAM) 2 pts dmg 8 turns
Anti-Fighter Missile (AFM) 1 pts dmg 6-G 6 turns (the AFM is 1/2 the size of standard missiles)

The ships were designed using a modified LBB2 system, with additional stuff from this thread: http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...ad.php?t=11089

Last edited by tbeard1999; July 3rd, 2015 at 12:34 AM..
Old July 3rd, 2015, 06:33 AM

Gallery : 1
Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+

Quote:
I honestly can't recall, but I suspect that the fighters were designed by fiat. I.e., they were mods to the existing LBB2 fighter. For interest, I postulated a number of new systems (air to air missiles, brilliant munitions, etc.).
I know (have read your other tread in detail). Interesting.

Quote:
The dropship is the ship's boat with the serial numbers filed off. The Vindicator was probably a modification of one of the small craft.

The tiltrotors were projections (I.e., TL10 fusion powered) of modern (TL8) aircraft. The Commonwealth Marines' LAV was a similar projection of the current LAV III series of wheeled fighting vehicles.
Many thanks for the details.

Quote:
Also, I note that I failed to list the abbreviations for the various ordnance packages I postulated:

Short Range Attack Missile (SRAM) 8 pts dmg, 6-G 2 turns
Close Range Attack Missile (CRAM) 12 pts dmg, 6-G, 1 turn
Long Range Attack Missile (LRAM) 2 pts dmg 8 turns
Anti-Fighter Missile (AFM) 1 pts dmg 6-G 6 turns (the AFM is 1/2 the size of standard missiles)
Many thanks!

Quote:
The ships were designed using a modified LBB2 system, with additional stuff from this thread: http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...ad.php?t=11089
I know that thread and have read it several times over, it is very interesting indeed...

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King