Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old November 21st, 2004, 09:13 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
danbuter Citizen
does anyone know if the rules in the TNE version of Fire, Fusion, and Steel are compatible with Megatraveller's system? I know TNE has a new system, but I wasn't sure if that would effect this stuff. Thanks!

danbuter Citizen
does anyone know if the rules in the TNE version of Fire, Fusion, and Steel are compatible with Megatraveller's system? I know TNE has a new system, but I wasn't sure if that would effect this stuff. Thanks!

danbuter Citizen
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Big differences:
1) TNE uses 14KL=1Td, MT uses 13.5
2) TNE Armor takes volume.
3) PPfuel rates vary immensely
4) MT uses control panels and control points. TNE/FF&S uses crew calcs to derive needed workstations.
5) weapons design completely incompatible. Even Hard Points are differently sized... tho' several people wrote up cans which matched the MT turrets. MT lacks Weapons design.
6) More computer types in FF&S
7) Gravitics assumptions very different foundation for non-T-plate vessels/vehicles. MT Gravitics provide thrust (only). TNE gravitics provide weight cancellation only, and require some secondary system for thrust.
8) MT maneuver drives without Hard Times nor Wood Wind Fire and Steam are all Gravitic thruster plates. TNE Thruster plates are not stock TNE, even tho they are in FF&S.
8.1) MT T-plates produce a volume-based area-effect gravitic acceleration to rated G's. TNE T-plates provide mechanical thrust.

Big However coming:
However, if you use one OR the other, you can use MT's DP system with just about anything designed in Displacement Tons or Kiloliters.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
Big differences:
4) MT uses control panels and control points. TNE/FF&S uses crew calcs to derive needed workstations.
5) weapons design completely incompatible. Even Hard Points are differently sized... tho' several people wrote up cans which matched the MT turrets. MT lacks Weapons design.
7) Gravitics assumptions very different foundation for non-T-plate vessels/vehicles. MT Gravitics provide thrust (only). TNE gravitics provide weight cancellation only, and require some secondary system for thrust.
8) MT maneuver drives without Hard Times nor Wood Wind Fire and Steam are all Gravitic thruster plates. TNE Thruster plates are not stock TNE, even tho they are in FF&S.
8.1) MT T-plates produce a volume-based area-effect gravitic acceleration to rated G's. TNE T-plates provide mechanical thrust.

Big However coming:
However, if you use one OR the other, you can use MT's DP system with just about anything designed in Displacement Tons or Kiloliters.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Big differences:

Big However coming:

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Badbru Citizen
Send a message via ICQ to Badbru
Quote:
Originally posted by Aramis:

Big However coming:
However, if you use one OR the other, you can use MT's DP system with just about anything designed in Displacement Tons or Kiloliters. [/QB]
Sorry Aramis, I've read through the MT stuff a few times and liked the sensor tasks etc and from what I understand of it I thought the control points/control panels was nice detail but I don't know what you are referring to with "MT's DP system" is this Damage points? Displacement? or something else more specific to Drives?

Also I think one of the major differences is not so much the design sequences themselves but how they end up effecting play and the combat system.

In most of the other systems (other than TNE) starship combat seems to be a pretty close range affair. I see posts talking about T20 and their missiles having a long range at 90,000 klicks, it almost makes me smirk when I think of TNE missiles having a range of 360,000 klicks. In my experience of TNE space combat it occurs (usually) over distances beyond 1 light second, not so up close and personal where plasma and fusion guns can even be considered.

Badbru Citizen
Quote:

Big However coming:
However, if you use one OR the other, you can use MT's DP system with just about anything designed in Displacement Tons or Kiloliters. [/QB]
Sorry Aramis, I've read through the MT stuff a few times and liked the sensor tasks etc and from what I understand of it I thought the control points/control panels was nice detail but I don't know what you are referring to with "MT's DP system" is this Damage points? Displacement? or something else more specific to Drives?

Also I think one of the major differences is not so much the design sequences themselves but how they end up effecting play and the combat system.

In most of the other systems (other than TNE) starship combat seems to be a pretty close range affair. I see posts talking about T20 and their missiles having a long range at 90,000 klicks, it almost makes me smirk when I think of TNE missiles having a range of 360,000 klicks. In my experience of TNE space combat it occurs (usually) over distances beyond 1 light second, not so up close and personal where plasma and fusion guns can even be considered.

Badbru Citizen
Quote:

Big However coming:

Old November 22nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 4
Antony Citizen
Plasma and fusion guns are not effective in TNE space combat unless you are down to basically visual ranges. This is so even if you loose the gravitic focussing for lasers which is what given them the multi-k ranges.

Funnily enough I found all those broken MT designs could be built with FF&S1. (With a bit of effort this even included the Annic Nova)