Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

I am still alive and kicking

Not very strong and still tired a lot

I am still up for gaming but at the same time, I do not want to be the person who drags the game down.

Dave
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
I am still alive and kicking

Not very strong and still tired a lot

I am still up for gaming but at the same time, I do not want to be the person who drags the game down.
Please don't worry about that. I'll keep Doc in action as an NPC according to your guidance when you are too tired or sick to post, and you feel free to take him over any time you feel up to it!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Need player input on:

Kalos: contacting any or all of the possible buyers for Wood and Lanthanum identified from the three month sales data.

Kalos: making any contacts for purchase of Grav Vehicles or Grav Parts, or waiting to see how much money you have available.

Kalos and Max: whether or not to advertise for additional freight or passengers back to Devonia.

Max: making any inquiries re upgrading Bridge systems as requested by Kalos.

Anything else anybody wants to do while waiting for the inspection to be complete (estimated to be complete by 0630 on 3731-08-23 - about seven more hours from current shiptime - although if Max wanted to do something during the day on 08-22 we could fit that in, too).

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Kalos: contacting any or all of the possible buyers for Wood and Lanthanum identified from the three month sales data.
Making a post with this in the IC thread.

Quote:
Kalos: making any contacts for purchase of Grav Vehicles or Grav Parts, or waiting to see how much money you have available.
Probably wait on this until the lanthanum/wood is sold so that we've got more credits.

Quote:
Kalos and Max: whether or not to advertise for additional freight or passengers back to Devonia.
Sounds good. We'll still have plenty of room in the hold after buying grav vehicles/parts. Not sure offhand how many staterooms we'd have for passengers, especially if Nero and co. decide to ride back to Devonia with us.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:55 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
Quote:
If other members of the crew are not needed for additional work prior to ship's departure, it would be customary to grant them liberty as well (possibly in shifts to ensure that the ship is never vacant of crew).

[OOC: depending on what information is shared with the rest of the crew about the plans to visit XII-H Nexus-Under by Launch, some may prefer to take liberty there; more dangerous, but less risk of getting arrested by Protectors.]
Kalos is happy to grant leave for anyone who asks, but requests that at least one of the ship's security personnel is aboard the ship at all times. As to where the crew takes their leave, that's up to them.
I meant that will depend on whether they know they have any option. I would expect Gayne and Bruno to follow their Captain's lead on when and whether the rest of the crew is advised of the planned Launch detour to Nexus-Under. If no one tells them, then they don't know they have that option. Is Kalos going to inform the crew of this plan?

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:27 PM

ErianFrost Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Is Kalos going to inform the crew of this plan?
Yeah, I can't see any reason not to.
Old November 28th, 2013, 01:42 AM

bromdenlong Citizen

Any room for a new player?
Old November 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromdenlong View Post
While not really my place to answer, I suspect that the answer is a resounding YES.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:41 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromdenlong View Post
Sure! We have three active now, four on hiatus who will be welcomed back when they are able.

The SBRD Quick Reference should lead you to pretty much everything you need to know about the game and the setting. I especially recommend the History Lesson, Border Map, and first IC post for background since this is a non-standard setting.

If you have any questions about character generation you can either PM me or ask here in this thread; bottom line is I don't much care how you build your character as long as you are happy to play him/her and you don't make him/her some kind of Super Character who will outshine everyone else on the team. Use whatever chargen method you want, but I will compare to what could be built with point-buy in deciding whether or not it is overpowered.

As to roles within this team, it could either be someone who fits a needed slot in the ship's crew, or someone who could reasonably travel along with them for an extended time. Current crew needs discussed are another pilot (w Pilot-2+), another Gunner (w Gunner-2+), maybe some kind of hacker (good Computer and Commo skills), or another soldier/security type, if he/she could also be an assistant in some other crew slot. Or just make up something you think would be cool to play, and we will discuss how/if we can make that work!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

ATPollard, what have you thought about including Max in the current plot twist?

I believe that ErianFrost intends to post sometime today to have Kalos invite Max and Gayne to participate in brainstorming what to do next, based on Max's Admin and Liaison skills and Gayne's Security skill. If there is any way we could manage a realtime conversation session on that *, I think it would work much better than trying to discuss that sort of thing by post (especially since Max hasn't even yet replied to the last comm expressly directed to him, which I posted five days ago). The boys (Kalos and Gayne) and I are right here, so we just need to work in some time you might be available. (And if any of our "hiatus" players want to participate, just let me know!) This would not be a long session to try to game out the whole subplot, just some brainstorming discussion to figure out some angles to work on the problems of responding to the kidnappers, trying to locate Marisa, etc.

If some action is decided on that may involve a firefight, the rationale for including Max is a little weaker, but if you want him to tag along to participate we can make up some in-game justification (the real justification being that he is a PC ).

I also haven't heard back from you on your thoughts of running a second character who might get involved in action where Max doesn't fit so well. Are you still considering that?

bromdenlong, still haven't heard anything back from you since your initial inquiry. I sent you a PM the other day w some PC suggestions. Are you still interested? If you want to get a new PC into the current action, we probably need to figure out fairly quickly how to work that.

* Realtime: phone, Skype, some kind of chat, whatever

My Old Stuff (2013-14)