Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old May 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
[no, Veers just marches him off, with a "let's go, your lordship."]
Protocol uses to be quite rigid about the treatment given to people. Does McBean know what would be the correct person to adress to as "your lordship"?

That could give him a hint about who the prisoneer really is...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

I think "Lordship" was pretty broad. A lord could be almost any minor noble, non-heir of a noble, or even heir before coming into estate.

Higher titles like "Your Grace", "Your Highness", "Your Majesty" were for Dukes, Princes, and Kings, I believe.

There were special title for church "nobility" as well.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Lordship is not for a courtesy lord (second children, non-heir first child), ; only the heirs and holders of titles (as low as Lord) are normally addressed as "Lordship"... Veers manner and tone are those of dealing with an imbecile... gentle, but leaving no doubt as to his own authority.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:53 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
"Agreed" answers McBean. "Let's return to the Pride and get dressed for the ceremony"
Just wondering, does our life support system onboard Highland Pride include adequate water for bathing and so forth, or should we take advantage of our rooms at Director's House for the luxury of a last hot bath and shave before leaving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Still a little unclear on planned schedule for this morning.

- hand prisoner off to Veers and his men, let him be the Major's problem, not ours; give affidavits of evidence if necessary

- send wire to Holmes (possibly by way of Inspector Lestrade) re possible involvement of Moriarty?

- farewell breakfast?

- await arrival of Army Warehouse supply wagon(s) which were promised by noon at the latest; as soon as these are unloaded into our cargo bay and everything secured, take off to being our journey to Venus???

- somewhere in the midst of this, a public farewell ceremony, possibly speeches, say goodbye to loved ones???
All that Carson really has to do is supervise the unloading and stowage of the supplies from the Army Warehouse (sometime before noon, I hope, as was promised), for which he will be in khakis or even civilian work clothes from his luggage (and probably wanting another wash-up afterward!).

Then if there is some kind of lift-off luncheon or ceremony he will need to be cleaned up and in Dress Red uniform for that, and hope to have a moment for goodbyes with his parents, since they said they would come for the lift-off and he didn't get to see his mother yesterday.

Other than these, not sure what is supposed to be happening, or in what order. For now, I suppose some chow would be good.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:00 PM

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Just wondering, does our life support system onboard Highland Pride include adequate water for bathing and so forth, or should we take advantage of our rooms at Director's House for the luxury of a last hot bath before leaving?
I guess it will support a bath from time to time. remember that bathing was not as common as nowdays...

Quote:
Also, I'm still confused as to our schedule for the morning.

All that Carson really has to do is supervise the unloading and stowage of the supplies from the Army Warehouse (sometime before noon, I hope, as was promised), for which he will be in khakis or even civilian work clothes from his luggage (and probably wanting another wash-up afterward!).

Then if there is some kind of lift-off luncheon or ceremony he will need to be cleaned up and in Dress Red uniform for that, and hope to have a moment for goodbyes with his parents, since they said they would come for the lift-off and he didn't get to see his mother yesterday.

Other than these, not sure what is supposed to be happening, or in what order. For now, I suppose some chow would be good.
I'm a little confused too, but it seems someone of very high status is comming, if the Guards are forming in the field, and so I guess we'd better get full dress...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:07 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
I'm a little confused too, but it seems someone of very high status is comming, if the Guards are forming in the field, and so I guess we'd better get full dress...
I never got a clear answer from Aramis, but someone IC said that it was "Edward Albert" in the carriage and addressed him as "Your Highness", which suggests to me that this is Queen-Empress Victoria's son and heir, currently in-game Prince of Wales (traditional title of heir to the British throne).

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Bathing is probably expected to be by use of bowls, but there's adequate water for a daily shave, especially if the bowl is shared, and a weekly birdbath.

Re Edward Albert...
Royal Carriage, press ignoring the ship, Royal Scots Regiment as guards, would it be anyone BUT the Prince of Wales?

(He was kind of notorious for inspecting military bases without warning. And was kind of chummy with the General in charge of the RE.)
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:16 PM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
This time McBean thinks it's time to follow Veers advice to aboid being more involved in the affair and goes to the ship to change clothing for full dress for the ceremony that is coming.
Ha, Jeb isn't likely to be invited to any ceremonies ... so I can be as bold as I please.
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:32 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Meanwhile, Jeb realizes the best view will be to simply hit the gallery on the airbag of the ship... he'll be just about over the crowd of reporters.
Have you ever seen the show "Man, Moment, Machine"?
It occurred to me last night that Jeb was in a position to change history ... John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald ... and Jebediah.
I have the shooting position, the rifle and the skill to kill the Prince of Wales!

Jeb is torn over the balcony ... it is a great idea (accessible and in position), but carries the risk of being discovered and put to work ... and it means no more fun with the reporters and guards.

Decisions, decisions.
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:28 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Have you ever seen the show "Man, Moment, Machine"?
It occurred to me last night that Jeb was in a position to change history ... John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald ... and Jebediah.
I have the shooting position, the rifle and the skill to kill the Prince of Wales!

Jeb is torn over the balcony ... it is a great idea (accessible and in position), but carries the risk of being discovered and put to work ... and it means no more fun with the reporters and guards.

Decisions, decisions.
At least two issues:

1) you previously said that Jeb was stowing his rifle in his stateroom;

2) WHY would Jeb want to kill Prince Edward Albert?

SBRD Campaign Wiki