Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old May 8th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

As Carson can't seem to find anyone who knows the planned schedule for this morning, he decides the most prudent course is to retrieve his dress uniform from his stateroom, then head over to Director's House via one of the less-busy doors to wash up and change clothes.

[Then of course, the Army being what it is, the Warehouse wagon will show up and he'll need to change back to khakis to direct unloading.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:05 PM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
"Not wi' dis crowd."
"Now don't you be count in' me out just yet. Like me Pa would say 'Any man lucky enough to be born Irish, is lucky enough'" Jeb winks " And truth be told, I'm not above placin' a thumb on the scale and makin' a little luck of my own."

(Jeb looks around for a roof with a view of the path from the house to the carriage with an eye towards scaling a drain pipe ... if I can climb a mast or rigging, I might have a shot at climbing the downspout.)
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 52
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
As Carson can't seem to find anyone who knows the planned schedule for this morning, he decides the most prudent course is to retrieve his dress uniform from his stateroom, then head over to Director's House via one of the less-busy doors to wash up and change clothes.

[Then of course, the Army being what it is, the Warehouse wagon will show up and he'll need to change back to khakis to direct unloading.]
TN 2 for that to happen: (1d6)[6](6) Well, Nope. Instead, it rolls up just as Carson and Smithers are stepping onto the gondola balcony. A Cornet and Corporal of horse riding shotgun on horseback beside it, and the driver's a trooper.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
TN 2 for that to happen: [roll0] Well, Nope. Instead, it rolls up just as Carson and Smithers are stepping onto the gondola balcony. A Cornet and Corporal of horse riding shotgun on horseback beside it, and the driver's a trooper.
Carson salutes the Cornet. "Sergeant William Carson, sir, an' I'm the one to receive this load you've brought. One moment, please." He turns to Smithers and murmurs, "John, y' might as well grab some grub 'fore we leave. Wi' this circus programme goin' on, 'oo knows if we'll get another chance, or what we'll be eatin' out in space. Maybe y' can smuggle me out a san'wich. I'll manage the unloadin'. See if y' can grab me a couple o' Veers's men to help out."

Then he steps down to ground level. "I'm sendin' Corp'ral Smithers to get us a couple extra hands to assist wi' unloadin'. Meanwhile let me show you the cargo door aroun' back. Head on back that way," pointing, "an' I'll open 'er up from th' inside."

On his way through to the back of the gondola, he hangs up his dress uniform in his stateroom, "Well, no doubt 'bout keepin' ye' clean if'n I never wear y't'all."

He continues on to the rear of the cargo compartment to re-open the airlock there. If the wagon is in place, he'll show them where the load needs to be distributed; if not, he'll first direct them where to back it up, then proceed as above.

If Smithers hasn't succeeded yet in sending a couple of guards to help, Carson will find the nearest ones himself (maybe still at the nose tie-downs?) and shanghai half their number to help. If they want to argue, he'll point to all the Royal Scots around and ask if they really think any trouble is going to happen with them around.

The actual unloading shouldn't take long, just this one wagon-load. Carson's main concerns are that the load is evenly distributed along with what's already in the cargo bay, and checking each box and crate against the inventory he'll be signing, to make sure everything he signs for is actually there (with his Intellect this should also help him to remember what is where when it comes time to unpack or redistribute any of it).
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Smithers trots off to the barracks, grabbing those awake but not on guard.

The Cornet returns the salute with his shotgun; his carbine is holstered to the saddle.

Before carson can go aboard, "So, serjeant, since your man is running to get others, can you tell me what the devil is happening?" His accent is non-descript upper class English, a cultured and resonant tenor.

And, for lack of anything to see, a handful of photographers start snapping shots of him.

Meanwhile, Jeb realizes the best view will be to simply hit the gallery on the airbag of the ship... he'll be just about over the crowd of reporters.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:55 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Before Carson can go aboard, "So, serjeant, since your man is running to get others, can you tell me what the devil is happening?" His accent is non-descript upper class English, a cultured and resonant tenor.
"Sir, I wish I knew. Thought we were to have a nice quiet lift-off in this 'ere airship by about noon, then this morning th' Scotties show up with th' fancy carriage, an' it's my impression we've got the Prince o' Wales himself on hand to complicate our simple departure."

"Now if you'll just take the wagon aroun' back o' the gondola there, nice an' shady under the airship, I'll duck through 'ere an' open it up."

[Carson continues as previously written.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; May 9th, 2014 at 01:06 AM..
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:27 AM

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

McBean goes to his cabin in the Pride to change himself to full dress and wash a Little, then goes to see the supplies Carson and others are unloading, trying not to interfere, while waiting to see what ceremony will be out there...

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Meanwhile, Jeb realizes the best view will be to simply hit the gallery on the airbag of the ship... he'll be just about over the crowd of reporters.
[I assume that royal bodyguards will have nice guns.]
Jeb takes a moment to check out the Scotsman's rifle and compliments him on his weapon, then heads back to the door he exited the ship from, closes it behind him, and heads to the balcony for a view of the Prince.

Resisting the urge to use his scope as a 'binoculars', Jeb smiles as he thinks of Sgt Carson's reaction if he knew that Jeb had even THOUGHT of pointing a rifle at the PoW for a better view through the scope.
Old May 16th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Jeb is able to see down into the upstairs parlor - where the general is having a simple tea with the prince. They seem to be quite affable to each other.

He also sees and hears the unloading start.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:31 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

When McBean arrives in the cargo bay, Carson thanks him for his help, and asks his advice on placement of the supplies as they are unloaded. Carson checks every crate, box, or other container to make sure that it actually contains what is shown on the inventory before checking it off.

Carson will set aside the three Army heavy revolvers, plus their associated ammunition, holsters, cleaning kits, etc. [These were for Carson, Smithers, and Lt McPhee, as the three Army personnel on board, since it seemed that all of the civilians were bringing their own.]

[I've forgotten, do we have someplace special on the ship where the crated rifles should be stored, or just in the cargo bay?]

SBRD Campaign Wiki