Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Oh yes, I need to make up a character sheet for Arthur to use for Heather.

I'm thinking maybe 4 each in Computers and Comms, 2 each in Marine stuff like VaccSuit, Combat Rifleman, Brawling (no Battledress as not available; vacc troops in this setting wear combat armor). Also 2 each in CID stuff: Handgun, Investigation, Security.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old September 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM

Gallery : 42
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Oh yes, I need to make up a character sheet for Arthur to use for Heather.

I'm thinking maybe 4 each in Computers and Comms, 2 each in Marine stuff like VaccSuit, Combat Rifleman, Brawling (no Battledress as not available; vacc troops in this setting wear combat armor). Also 2 each in CID stuff: Handgun, Investigation, Security.
That's actually enough data for me to work with and be able to run Heather.
We can just assume reasonable equipment to perform her skills.

HEATHER (Security NPC):

Skills:
Computer-4 ... (handcomp)
Comms-4 ... (military communicator/scanner)
VaccSuit-2 ... (combat armor vacc suit)
Combat Rifleman-2 ... (Tactical shotgun with HE slug ammo)
Brawling-2 ... (boot knife)
Handgun-2 ... (Glock-17 Autopistol with 19-round Tranq magazine)
Investigation-2 ... (small CSI tool kit - tweezers, UV penlight, etc.)
Security-2 ... (I am unfamiliar with this skill.)

[You can adjust it in actual play as needed]

Last edited by atpollard; September 24th, 2014 at 09:30 AM..
Old September 26th, 2014, 01:25 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
VaccSuit-2 ... (combat armor vacc suit)
Investigation-2 ... (small CSI tool kit - tweezers, UV penlight, etc.)
Security-2 ... (I am unfamiliar with this skill.)
You don't actually have any combat armor yet; that is part of the current storyline, acquiring some armor, and I believe that the guys currently at Hotrocks are planning to pick it up before returning to the suite where Heather is working on her hacking of local comms and databases.

I agree that Heather probably carries some small investigation kit. I liked one idea in an episode of Continuum, a forensic spray that stuck to anything organic in the room (including traces such as fingerprints) and allowed the user's computer implant (or handcomp) to read back all of those patterns, including any DNA traces, to immediately sort out whose prints were where within the room. OTOH, I think it worked by some kind of nano-tech which may be a bit advanced for this setting; I will re-watch that episode and think it over.

The Security skill is another of those double-sided skills; it allows the user to set up security systems, or assess current systems, but also works as Anti-Security (or Intrusion) skill to let the user notice and bypass opponents' security systems.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:26 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

New Blog Post

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:38 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Happy New Year! New Blog Post!

SBRD Campaign Wiki