Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Ship's Locker

Ship's Locker Submit your favorite original equipment and weapons for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old September 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+
Default How much Cr... I mean Stuff do your characters acquire

Most of the time it doesn't matter because they normally have access to a ship and can just throw their junk in the hold, but if you've bean travelling without a starship it becomes an issue as I've just rediscovered with a character I'm GM'ing who has struck off on her own again.

now she has a small armoury that she has just kind of acquired including a pair of Accelerator Rifles (one Zho one Imp pattern), a pair of Combat Snub Pistols (again one Zho, one Imp pattern) an Imp pattern ARL, a Zho Laser Rifle, an Imp pattern ACR (with under barrel RAM), near on a dozen short blades of various types. Body Armour includes a custom fitted concealable BW vest, Imp & Zho pattern Combat Environment Suits and a suit of Zho Guards Combat Armour with quite a few accessories, all up including Ammo and Hard Cases 80KG worth (thank the higher powers she hasn't held on to some of the other weapons & combat gear that have cycled through her hands over the years)

she has around an other 20+ KG worth of Adverse Environment & Weather gear and Vacc-suits

and that's before you get to her wardrobe and personal electronics, call that another 100 or so KG worth.

with her other gear I'd say she has close to 300kg in stuff, some of it quite bulky.

IRL the character has bean bouncing around for about three or four years and about six game years, she's quite wealthy (5-7 Mcr in various currencies) just not 100% down on a Starship wealthy and doesn't have the skill set to run anything bigger than a Type S let alone start a venture that could cover the repayments.

so how much Cr... Stuff do your ship-less Travellers lug about?
Old September 4th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

My guideline is the baggage allowance for passage: 100 kg of stuff.
Tools Link
Old September 4th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Count

Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by robject View Post

Middle Passage is 100kg.
High Passage is 1000kg (or 1.0 dton in MgT).

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count RhovanionSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FSir Richard, Knight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Sir Richard Elruinn, Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
Richard Elruinn Rhovanion (TAS Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Viscount of AlellSPIN 1706 Alell B56789C–A
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Link: Traveller5 Noble Patents Registry
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

I've only had one traveller group in the last 20 years without a ship. And they were the active duty campaign.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robject View Post
Is that 100kg weight or 0.1 dT?

Somewhere in my notes I have the dimensions for a 0.1 dT footlocker. I'm planning to write this up as the standard shipboard footlocker. Cabins have dedicated space and fastenings to accomodate such lockers.

Hans
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

0.1 Td, more properly 1.4 cubic meters, is a HUGE locker. That's a wall locker, not a foot-locker.

A typical army large C footlocker is about 0.1 cubic meters. 33.5x16x12 inches. And is 1/4" thick plywood.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old September 4th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulorigan View Post
Middle Passage is 100kg.
High Passage is 1000kg (or 1.0 dton in MgT).
Excellent whulorigan, thank you for the research.

Them's the benchmarks I use.
Tools Link
Old September 4th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
0.1 Td, more properly 1.4 cubic meters, is a HUGE locker. That's a wall locker, not a foot-locker.

A typical army large C footlocker is about 0.1 cubic meters. 33.5x16x12 inches. And is 1/4" thick plywood.
Hum. I must have gotten my figures wrong. Perhaps it's the size of a standard cabin wardrobe, designed to contain all of a passenger's luggage?

Hans
Old September 4th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Jame Citizen

In my opinion any ex-military adventurer would follow a similar pattern to a civilian one with a weapons license.

Survival gear, such as extreme weather clothing, respirator and so forth;
hand computer,
communications device,
vac-suit,
maybe low-light/IR goggles, combo if available,
one pistol-sized weapon, one rifle/SMG-sized weapon, one dagger or blade or baton/stun club.

Of course, my ex-scout had a Serpent-class scout and he had the above plus an electronics kit, mechanics kit, cloth armor and a couple other things, but usually most of it was left aboard ship (I only took the cloth when I expect combat).
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Sir Brad Citizen+Sir Brad Citizen+

PC's collect stuff, it's a fact of life, Planet X women folk ain't allowed to where pants, Planet Y the characters favoured colour is restricted or illegal, Planet Z you need that formal-where to infiltrate the State Dinner. all these call for the players to expand there wardrobes.

constantly useful gear regardless of Mass or Bulk gets retained, doubly so if it's expensive or difficult to obtain.

then Weapons, PC's love to collect them, never know when you'll need gun X and it's beyond local Law Level, then their is trophying from "Worthy Opponents" or just because the GM made the gun/knife sound cool.

even careful characters will accumulate, the non-ship traveller I GM is not very materialistic, but in six game years she's accumulated around 300KG of stuff, an other character I GM in four game years has converted two of the staterooms on her Type S to Storage to keep her tiny hold free. a Merchant character I play is bumping up against 1/2 mass ton of gear, admittedly he's got a lot of tools. then I've got an Ex-Army Merc who has a 2 D-Ton shipping container full of Guns and a 1 D-Ton container for his armourers workshop.