Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 5th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

I guess I, player got a bit confused on the timeline again, sorry. But to play along hopefully now in the right time frame.
Quote:

"Several brews? Medicines or moonshine? Please tell me you're not running a still off a tap from a fusion plant coolant line?"
She smiles.
'Neither right now, just some hard cider, beer and mead when I can get some good honey. I do not have the distillery up and running yet. Once I get that going, I will be making medical and drinking alcohols along with a few cleaning ones too.'

After the examination, Doc tags along with Donoma on her grav bike to look over the electronics. Doc is in an extremely good mood after the grav bike ride. With a huge grin on his face, 'Now, I must say that was totally awesome. I might have to try and get me one of these some day soon. I so do love flying.'

When asked Doc gives the proper identification. I am assuming he knows it if not he will contact Alfred and get it.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Devonia City Starport (1015 shiptime, 1515 local, 3731-08-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
I guess I, player got a bit confused on the timeline again, sorry. But to play along hopefully now in the right time frame.
[OOC: Ah, yes, makes me look forward to Nexus, an artificial environment where shiptime will match local and we will only have to contend w players' posts out of sequence. ]

[OOC: Brief Recap: After the examination, Doc and Donoma both reported to the Cargo Bay to begin work on the ship's M-drives. After a good 3 hours of work, the old M-drive parts had been removed and it was time to put in the new ones. Unfortunately, each had a fitting that wouldn't, so Max and Henry had to call around for replacements, then finally borrow the machine-shop to make a pair of adaptors. During this break in the long, hot work-day, Doc and Donoma jumped on Donoma's grav bike and went to inspect Dinah Lance's five tons of Electronics (TL 10 communicators).]

Quote:
[During the break], Doc tags along with Donoma on her grav bike to look over the electronics. Doc is in an extremely good mood after the grav bike ride. With a huge grin on his face, 'Now, I must say that was totally awesome. I might have to try and get me one of these some day soon. I so do love flying.'

When asked Doc gives the proper identification. I am assuming he knows it if not he will contact Alfred and get it.
The usual deal, your hand-comp (or datapad, or comm) talks to his datapad and supplies the authorization code.

Tommy looks at the numbers next to the door, then counts down two more units and puts his hand on the biometric scanner, then punches a five-digit code into the keypad. When the door doesn't respond immediately, he raps it a couple of times with his fist. "C'mon, Ripper, open up!"

The speaker next to the door responds with a bored, "As you wish. Woof woof," and with a clank and hiss of deadbolts disengaging the door slide open.

Inside are 10 half-ton shipping containers. The lid is off of one of them, and some packing material and boxes have been removed.

Tommy does a double-take when he sees the open container, says, "'Scuse me a second, folks," and taps madly on his datapad, looks at the results for a second or two, then says, 'Ripper, what's the deal here? We have an open container, and no record of any access other than the owner."

The tired, bored voice comes again, this time speaking directly from Tommy's datapad. "The registered owner of this property, Dinah Lance, has visited this storage room three times, and each time has removed several of the units from that open container. You were not on duty any of those times, it was Ms. Franklin the first time, then Mr. Coombs twice after that."

Tommy shakes his head, then looks directly at Doc and Donoma. "I'm awful sorry, folks, Did you know anything about this?"

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 5th, 2013 at 10:47 AM..
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Storage Locker, Donoma City Starport (shiptime 1030, local 1530, 3731-08-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Tommy shakes his head, then looks directly at Doc and Donoma. "I'm awful sorry, folks, Did you know anything about this?"
[Depending on response by PCs]

"This will just take a minute." He speaks into his datapad. "John, I need you."

A deep male voice comes from the datapad, "Aye-aye, Tommy, what can I do to save your bacon today?"

"We need to document a, well, not exactly a pilferage as it seems to be the registered owner responsible, but let's say a shortage. What's the proc?"

"Not a problem, Tommy. I detect two other Humans in the room, please let me have a scan." Tommy turns the datapad to let its camera have a view of Donoma and Doc. John's voice speaks again, "Please state your names."

[Assuming Donoma and Doc comply...]

"And do you confirm that when you entered this room, it was just as we see it now, with one lid open and some contents apparently missing?"

[Assuming confirmation...]

"Very well then, Tommy, please pan my camera around the room for a good overall view, then approach the open container and let me get a recorded view inside." Tommy does so, and John continues, "I am recording one open shipping container, code [xxxxxxx], and 9 stacked containers bearing codes [9 times xxxxxx]. The open container appears to be lacking some packing material, and by my scan 10 units are missing from the container. Tommy, please confirm."

"Security watchman Jeffery Thomas, [xxxxxx], and I do confirm situation as recorded by Interface Assitant John [xxxxxx]."

"That's it then, Tommy, all complete." John says with a cheerful tone.

Tommy turns to Doc and Donoma and smiles. "That's all my end of it, then. You are welcome to inspect what's here as you wish, and according to my authorization you can even take it all away with you, although even with that chillin' bike you've got there, I don't see how you're gonna carry 5 tons of " consults datapad "Electronics."

[Actually, with all of the documentation of Dinah Lance's removal of some of the goods, your inspection time is almost up and you probably need to get back to work on the ship.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

Doc does as you listed above
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Storage Unit, Donoma City Starport (1030 shiptime, 1530 local, 3731-08-14)

Quote:
Doc does as you listed above
[OOC: w Tommy documenting the missing boxes, y'all are a little short on time. Do you want to check some units now, or seal it all up and come back again after the M'drive repairs are complete?]

[EDIT: I still haven't heard back from AT/Max as to how we are doing on his time budget, or from either him or Hampton as to whether or not they want to continue the job w worklights if necessary due to the delay for fabbing the connector. You are just at later afternoon, now.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 5th, 2013 at 12:28 PM..
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma (1020 shiptime, 1520 local, 3731-08-14)

Quote:
"Yes, the owner told us she had removed 10 units."

As Tommy begins to check on the missing units, "Do you mind if we go ahead and pull a couple of units from the open container and start running some checks?"

[OOC: Donoma is hoping to short-circuit any involved 'investigation' of the missing items. If Tommy permits, she will pull three units. After checking the make and model (does she recognize them at all? that might make this check-out even faster) she will hand one to Doc, then begin to walk through some routine comm checks between the two she is holding (letting Doc handle any electronics check - he can use her multi- if he needs to). If she has time after the routine checks, she will work with Doc to run some checks on encryption, then multi-unit operation.]
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
"Yes, the owner told us she had removed 10 units."

As Tommy begins to check on the missing units, "Do you mind if we go ahead and pull a couple of units from the open container and start running some checks?"

[OOC: Donoma is hoping to short-circuit any involved 'investigation' of the missing items. If Tommy permits, she will pull three units. After checking the make and model (does she recognize them at all? that might make this check-out even faster) she will hand one to Doc, then begin to walk through some routine comm checks between the two she is holding (letting Doc handle any electronics check - he can use her multi- if he needs to). If she has time after the routine checks, she will work with Doc to run some checks on encryption, then multi-unit operation.]
Tommy asks that you let him run a quick video scan to confirm what is missing from the open container, and that it was already missing when you came into the room, then you can proceed as you like w testing any units from that container, or opening up other containers. [This would be the procedure I already wrote up w John the IA making recordings, except that he will also ask your confirmation that you were informed that the owner had removed 10 units.]

"Please let me know if you find shortages in any of these other sealed containers," Tommy says. "Do you need me to stick around while you do your inspections? The authorization they gave me is pretty open, says you can do whatever you want w the stuff in these boxes. I've actually never seen one like that, usually they want me to observe everything, sometimes even have John record it."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Absent Friend

DaveChase Citizen

Quote:
Doc takes one of the units and looks it over. 'Got any instruction manuals with it?'
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Quote:
Tommy asks that you let him run a quick video scan to confirm what is missing from the open container, and that it was already missing when you came into the room, then you can proceed as you like w testing any units from that container, or opening up other containers. [This would be the procedure I already wrote up w John the IA making recordings, except that he will also ask your confirmation that you were informed that the owner had removed 10 units.]
"Sure, no problem."

Quote:
"Do you need me to stick around while you do your inspections? The authorization they gave me is pretty open, says you can do whatever you want w the stuff in these boxes. I've actually never seen one like that, usually they want me to observe everything, sometimes even have John record it."
"I got the impression the owner really wants to get rid of these."

Does Donoma recognize make and model? *Are* there any manuals?
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Doc takes one of the units and looks it over. 'Got any instruction manuals with it?'
Quote:
"Sure, no problem."

"I got the impression the owner really wants to get rid of these."

Does Donoma recognize make and model? *Are* there any manuals?
Tommy shrugs. "I've got nothing to do with these, except control who gets into this room. They're just shipping/storage containers to me. Authorization says you can inspect, so go right ahead. Just please comm me when you're finished, so I can lock up."

The individual units are in typical consumer packaging, lightweight plastic boxes covered in shrinkwrap. If you slit the shrinkwrap, inside each box is a personal communicator in "Tracy"-style wristband configuration, with a "Quik-Start" card and a more detailed manual in Confed-Standard and Vilani.

They are not the same brand as the ones in Fortunate Son's hold (which probably neither Donoma nor Doc have seen anyway, lacking any reason to open those containers), but could be from any other TL 10 world nearby - there are several.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread