Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Twilight:2000 > Twilight:2000 4th Edition

Twilight:2000 4th Edition Discussion related to the forthcoming Twilight:2000 4th Edition, from Fria Liagan aka Free League.

Old March 18th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

Military role playing game is instant dungeon party.

Post apocalyptic setting allows full utilization of all skills and equipment, plus rationalization for paranoia and looting.
Old March 18th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
AtlanticFriend Citizen+AtlanticFriend Citizen+
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Part of the appeal of T2K is that it was, when written, a plausible (if unlikely) future.
I entirely agree. That is what drew me to both 2300AD and Twilight:2000: both games proposed a rather extensive geopolitical background that to me meant adventures in either universe would not be generic sci-fi or generic military action.

Twilight in particular managed to propose long-term story arcs (helping rebuild/preserve some civilization in war-torn Krakow, trying to leave Europe, contributing to a re-unification of the States) tht gave special meaning to even short adventures.

In this respect I always thought the short, narrative parts of the adventure booklets or those proposed in Challenge were very well done. I'm very much the annoying player - or GM when it comes to games' background.