Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old December 5th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Baron

Gallery : 0
Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+
Default Twilight Sector... surprisingly awesome supplements

I picked up a Twilight Sector Bundle for cheap on DTRPG. Having read through it, I can see why it was discontinued but the Career Book and hints of future supplements are pure gold. I was wondering if anything came of the future supplements (Mutants & AI, Mistress of the Belt).

The setting is a disaster and never once-fleshed out. There must be a setting book out there somewhere but apparently it was never made. I can easily see that being the source of its demise.

But the Career Book is packed with awesomeness! From new Injury Charts (including Psychological), excellent Civilian Careers, amazing new Life Events and Career Event Tables. The expansion of Shares and how to use them alone is useable in just about any setting.

And the concept of Primary/Secondary Training packages... This book is pure gold.

The reference to Mistress of the Belts (business/trade book) and Mutants & AI's as supplements has me really wondering if these books made it out of crib notes. I'm interested in their approach to Uplifts and AI's since they are clearly an integral part of the setting especially AI's.

But the promise of business procedures and new concepts in Mistress of the Belt also sings a promise of awesomeness.

Any news on Twilight Sector and any future products or fan releases? I think the last published product was 2010 so I doubt it but always hopeful.

For anyone who hasn't looked into it, definitely take a look at the Career Book as it has changed my approach to chargen in a major way. Like I said, pure gold. The whole bundle is cheap on DTRPG (or was).
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
ShawnDriscoll Citizen+ShawnDriscoll Citizen+

I just download the entire bundle from there for free because I have a few of their PDFs already. I'll have to give the books a look-through. Thanks.