Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > Citizens' Information Centre

Citizens' Information Centre COTI news, feedback, and problem reports

Old June 21st, 2014, 04:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 16
CosmicGamer Citizen
Default Admin and Moderator behavior

Just looking for others thoughts.

I know the job of a moderator is mostly thankless. So first, I would like to thank you for positive efforts to make this a great site.

However, I think we can do better.

Yes, a moderator is just another site user who wants to discuss the game and may have things to say. Yes, you're just people using the site, but I hold them to higher standard.

Quote:
In the last year (17 Jun 2013 to 17 Jun 2014),
There have been 53 total actions entered. Thats an average of one a week.
28 of those have been warnings.
4 infractions have been reversed.
So it looks like 28 warnings and perhaps 21 actions.

That seams pretty low to me for the activity I see.

I think a step in improving this site may lie with the moderation.

In the past, I ignored most peoples comments or told them directly if I thought they got out of line. With what's been going on lately, I 'm thinking of reporting things I see that are disrupting enjoyment of this site.

I'm thinking a good start is with those I hold to the highest standard. The moderators. Maybe when I see a moderator in a discussion and I think they are crossing the line I should say something. Report them. I think they should be an example of proper posting etiquette and not instigating additional bad behavior.

I've been told that I can report the moderators and no retaliation will be made (however that has been done to me in the past).

The bigger issue I have is whether or not this can have a positive effect for the site.

Concerns:

Will moderators pretty much ignore reports on other moderators and just snicker about it? Thus the only result is the possible negative ones to me. Just wasting my time if nothing else.

Will moderators get upset about penalizing each other and thus create a "hostile workplace" for them? Hostility towards the other site users? Doesn't sound like a fun place to be.

Will moderators leave because they get frustrated with it all?

Will we lack moderation because they get suspended and are not available?

Partially I think, so what. Look at the numbers. If a person does not do well in their moderating duties and is causing problems, maybe some new moderator will be better.

What do y'all think?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.