Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

View Poll Results: What sort of adventures do you want to play?
Trade and Commerce 32 50.00%
Military Campaign 25 39.06%
Diplomatic and Court Intrigues 17 26.56%
Exploration 48 75.00%
Other: Post Answer 8 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
Please recall that italics is personal thought, and should not color a character's response.
And brackets are OOC, comment by player rather than PC.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

We were asked by the Ref, Magnus, to quit arguing in OOC. Therefore in order to avoid this very thing that you are doing now, I sent you a PM.

Magnus, I quit. I don't have time or the patience required to argue over every single action.

Have fun with Spacebadger. It seems to me what Spacebadger wants anyway.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old June 11th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow My life...

Ya know, for all the accomplishing my dreams, the rest of my life is still one big old Charlie Foxtrot. *sigh*

Still in good news the computer is back up and running, up to date on software and last night full-on backed up on the big EHD, also got the mobile device squared away, but sadly Baldur's Gate does not run on all three iPad models and is not usable with iOS 5.1. Dangit! Good thing it and its sequels work just fine on the Computer. Yeah, AD&D where Classes meant something and MUs weren't ungodly powerful. Long Live THAC0!

So, that plus being particularly sicker than usual, god how I love this nation, where I can spend a decade being sick...yeah. Let's just leave this as health is bad, this is now a usual thing and it has been worse lately.

And of course, broke. Such fun, my life.

Yeah, I know "Sounds like a personal problem, private.", plus I suspect most of us have annoying lives full off crap, excepting the rich and wealthy that might walk amongst us mere mortals.

No matter, I posted and will attend responses, but speaking of my inbox just dinged so off I go.

Laterness,
Craig.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean
Old June 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Default You didn't...

Spacebadger,

If I read your most recent post correctly, you spoke to Martel about Martel and nobility, plus referenced a package, on the Markov burner phone. Please tell me that is not correct.

Who knows who is watching your comm? And now, my Markov comm as well...

If true, I now need to toss the burner and buy another one.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old June 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Spacebadger,

If I read your most recent post correctly, you spoke to Martel about Martel and nobility, plus referenced a package, on the Markov burner phone. Please tell me that is not correct.

Who knows who is watching your comm? And now, my Markov comm as well...

If true, I now need to toss the burner and buy another one.
Oops.

Good thing you're rich.

Fixed!
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old June 16th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

If I were rich, I would be a Patron and not out causing mayhem.

And thank you for correcting that.

Old June 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM

Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow Multitasking!

Quote:
If I were rich, I would be a Patron and not out causing mayhem.

And thank you for correcting that.
Ah, but you are rich (by most Citizen standards ) and have an ad out (iirc) for troopers and are about to start a Merc company, so yeah, that sounds like being a Patron. See, His Majesty knows how to pick the right man for the right job. You get to be be a rich Patron and go out and cause mayhem, ah the joys of Noblity.

So, I had a week from Hell this week, no Internet and minor health issue, but all is if not well, not hectic, scared and in negative money. Yea for me!

I got side tracked by the 23 June 2014 thread. Yeesh, glad I am just a Junior Mod, that looked like all sorts of ick. Still, that is done, still have some 90+ emails to clear, breakfast for me and the Ship's Cat (which means shopping, gak) and I promise a post today. It is 1300 here in my meatspace so I will try and have you something by 1700 MST (Meat Space Time). That gives me four hours, I think I can do that...

Laterness,
Craig.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old June 23rd, 2014, 02:17 PM

Question Holy McCrapsticks!

Well, good to see you were keeping busy while I was gone, but damn I see a lot of questions. Both good and a bit of PITA for me to catch up on, if you would be so kind as to summarize them here between now and say 1600, that would be a great help.

As to Ranger issue weapons, I have one but need to work it up. The issue sidearm for the Scouts is a 5mm variable pistol. It is a pistol with three selectable magazines usually loaded with one mag of high velocity Bullets, one mag of Shock rounds (for stunning Machine Life) and one mag of Stun rounds (for Organic Life). Long arm is probably a high end selective beam laser/designator rifle.

Well, off to deal with other Tasks and then off to plow through the posts since I was here last.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
Well, good to see you were keeping busy while I was gone, but damn I see a lot of questions. Both good and a bit of PITA for me to catch up on, if you would be so kind as to summarize them here between now and say 1600, that would be a great help.
Actually, I have gone back just now to May 1st (page 99) and have not found any more unanswered questions. Maybe pendragonman had some, but I think you have answered all of mine.

Quote:
As to Ranger issue weapons, I have one but need to work it up. The issue sidearm for the Scouts is a 5mm variable pistol. It is a pistol with three selectable magazines usually loaded with one mag of high velocity Bullets, one mag of Shock rounds (for stunning Machine Life) and one mag of Stun rounds (for Organic Life).
Well... we already worked out the Ranger sidearm, the gauss pistol with three selectable magazines. The ammo we had discussed were standard penetrator needles for anti-armor, frag needles (good for soft targets, low penetration to avoid unwanted damage to ship equipment and bystanders), and tranq needles. Would the Shock rounds and Stun rounds you mention above also be options for gauss pistol needles?

Quote:
Long arm is probably a high end selective beam laser/designator rifle.
Cool! That is what I was actually asking about in my last IC post, a standard issue longarm. Thanks!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:24 PM

Arrow Stuff.

Martel's cover: Sebastian Markov, Gunnery Sergeant, Infantry, IM, MGCx2, MCUFx3. Personal Security Consultant, Experienced HtH Instructor.

Frank's Memorization Task. keep the 2D result, add one 1D roll, sum. So far it looks good and he has a good chance of recalling relevant facts later.

Frank has encrypted files for Abonai/Colony A in a hidden folder on his data plaque. Noted here just in case, never can tell what will happen and people do lose things.

Technician Marlisara Kasheknaar, Permatic HQ, Ranger Branch, Scout Service.
Specializes in building Cover Identities for Ranger operations. Frank seems to be sweet on her. Hmmm, is she sweet on him and does she need some Personals generated? Time may tell, but not for now since our heroes are destined for distant shores right now. (Yes, it is not only bad manners to connect to secure facility computers/networks/datastructures without permission, it is unlawful and can result in at the most lenient a loss of security permissions1 or worse charges.)

Frank's Warrant Card has been activated, but still shows as "Detached Duty" till a set of conditions are met that will reveal its true "Active Duty" status with all the bells and whistles such cards have (meaning Arrest Powers and other legal stuff). And the Duress mode will not only continue to display and function as a "Detached Duty" it will send out a distress beacon on a very discrete frequency. No guarantee of Marines to the rescue, but it does get noticed when there is someone around to notice it.

About the lowering of the Law Level on Holiday, this exception generally lowers the LL by two for the 24 ISH (Imperial Standard Hour) duration of Holiday, after that all bets are off and it is back to the standard LL with all its restrictions. It should also be noted that the police/security still respond to serious crimes with the same level they do on any other day. Vices and political speech2 may be relaxed but robbery and murders and capital crimes still get the same treatment they always do.

Pack, Operations, Field, Extended.
Contents: Power Cells [All] x10, CommRelay x10, Nutripacks x30 (see standard e-rats), Fluid Packs x90 (that is 3 liters per day, oh and the Ref is assuming that this rather large container of crap you are requisitioning is to be delivered to Berth SX-0231 at Melnauka Downs, is he correct?), Emergency Beacon x2, H2O Filter System x3, Backpacks x10, Ammo [Scout Issue] x30 magazines, pre-loaded, Vari-pistol, 5mm, plus clothing and netting and such.

If you can think of something to add, let me know, plus these items may either be in the Equipment List or need to generated by one Maker or another.

Think of it as a Scout's portable Ship's Locker and go from there, right now you have a chance to pull something out of it. Later it might come pre-loaded with very little customizable space. Figure you have 0.5 ton to work with, fill it with a wish list or as needed.

Pack, Operations, Covert
Contents: Intrusion Tools [Electronic, Mechanical, Fluidic] x3, Surveillance Devices x20, Document Fabricator [supplies for 100 docs] x2 (a note on shady docs, they only last as long as they are backed, passes to the secret military base work best when you can spoof the local net with some fake orders, or at least more shady docs that look like legit hard copy orders), Currency [several, disordered, multiple denominations] Cr 10,000, Trade Goods [small, varied] Cr 1000.

See above for things I am forgetting.

On the Drop, yeah for this it is a standard training drop without the enemy fire simulators so the 2D roll is fine. Now for a simulated opposition drop you are looking at a possible 3D drop though that might just be for live fire training drops with the nasty 4D+ rolls for actual opposed, live fire, real death and dismemberment drops.

Mika is to begin recruiting architects for the creation of resorts for the wealthy and noble sophonts of the Imperium, and get a PR campaign promoting Pecias as a resort world to drive traffic to the resorts to be built. Check with Line Factors to add Pecias to routing. Put out ads on neighboring high pop, hellworlds, and industrial worlds (with guaranteed land?) for colonists who will come and build and staff the resorts. Put out feelers to find a set of good suppliers for industrial infrastructure tools. Correct? If so, I will begin working out how we get that accomplished, Mister I'm Not A Rich Patron.

Markov has an ad running looking for spooks and commandos, will have to look to my files for applicable respondents and maybe some not so, because they sometimes try.

Yes, see above about the weapons and tasks.

She must be the fastest worker in HQ since it usually doesn't do the heavy lifting on Holiday, but since that is true she will have some time, however dinner is on hold, partying on the Bicentennial is in. Documents will be done probably on 002-0200, so you have a few days yet. Also, you don't remember the next day, but you do remember it seemed to go well, though somewhere you seem to have lost a boot since the ship reports you came home like that, sir, would you like to see the footage? You know for a not having a true Personality that came awfully close to sounding like snark, but then this isn't the first time you came home smashed from a night out, but robo-cabs are pretty good about getting you to your berth. Plus this time you made it all the way to your cabin, there have been those sleeping just inside the fence line nights/mornings and that one afternoon when you got rousted by SPASec.

1 A note on Security Permissions, otherwise known as clearances. All para/military personnel in the Imperial Services receive clearance for data classified up to CONFIDENTIAL, junior NCOs and Officers are considered to be cleared for access to SECRET information, while senior NCOs and Officers are generally considered to have access to TOP SECRET data with possible conditionals related to their command function, such as NOFOR (No Foreign Distribution) or BEINT (Being Intelligence) or the old SIGINT (Signals Intelligence), a General of Intelligence will have a more conditionals than a General of Artillery. Access to CODE WORD materials is on an individual basis as is being on a EYES ONLY list. Technicians will generally have high levels of clearance, but with limitations to specific projects or code word materials.

2 Holiday is considered to be a day when Citizens may speak their mind to power under the blanket of Imperial High Tradition, now tomorrow you may get a visit from the local State Security, but hey that's a local thing.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

dean
Closed Thread