Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old May 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
bookwyrm67 Citizen
Red face TL:Battleship vs Traveller

i have seen some posts concerning how to deal with different TL's when travelling in the Traveller Universe. i just watched the movie 'Battleship', and there were some good ideas in the movie concerning dealing with different technologies, mainly crew from a modern 2012 warship having to make do with a 1940's era 'Battleship'. one crewman was heard to say something like 'i know how to run a modern ships engines, but steam powered engines are beyond me'.
i think the challenges of different TL's are different based on how different the tech is. the early techs have a lot of differences between the TL's, where the mid and higher TL's are a lot closer to each other.
in the end, unless the gm has a reason to make the TL's a front and center concern for the players, this is something that is usually in the background.
but i bet it could make for some funny situations.

"Captain, this planet doesnt have h2o oceans, the only way off is if i can convert our fusion power plant to a coal burning powerplant, which i don't really understand, but have read about in 'very old' tech manuels."

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.