Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller: The New Era

Traveller: The New Era Discussion on Traveller: The New Era

Old November 6th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
William Citizen
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJD:
The sourcebook gives the setting in 1248, on they day that the Emperor ascends the Vacant Throne.(snip)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The day Avery returns from the Core?

William

[This message has been edited by William (edited 06 November 2001).]
Old November 7th, 2001, 01:58 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

ramspite Citizen
Me too on the non-playtest.
---
The sourcebook gives the setting in 1248, on they day that the Emperor ascends the Vacant Throne. The setting becomes "live" at that point. While there are events still playing out at that point, some of which are very grand in scope, players will not be locked into an Uber-Plot, nor have their setting smashed around them in a year's time. Be ready for some surprises, though.
---
Cool, but how about a loose future chronology. it might help with planning and plotting.

------------------
Ramspite--------------
Sometimes you just gotta hit the wall.
Old November 7th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Baronet

Visit MJD's Blog
MJD has disabled reputation
The future chronology will be loose. Like I say, there are grand events unfolding, but we will not be ramming a single plot down anyone's throat. This setting will be open for all kinds of adventuring....
Old November 7th, 2001, 09:18 AM

Gallery : 4
Antony Citizen
Cool

I too would not mind being on the non-playtest should it eventuate. I can barely contain myself in anticipation of the eventual publication.
Old November 12th, 2001, 05:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

JoeG Citizen
Ok, the sourcebook idea sounds great, but you may want to look at the BITS website to see a variant on the "no stats" idea. They've got a free pdf download that lets you process tasks in a uniform manner across CT, MT, TNE, T4, and GT.
Maybe the answer is a meta-system description using basic skill descriptions. Equipment would be harder, although a basic paragraph description would work fairly well (it's how I "borrow" from other games, anyway). Weapons could be described in their basic lethality levels, so that they could be built in their home system by gearheads who care.

Just an idea,
Joe
Old November 12th, 2001, 03:28 PM

Takei Citizen
Looking at how BITS cover characters & equipment in their books would be a good idea. (Being a member doesn't make me at all biaised. Oh nooooo).
CT/MT/T4 all basically use the same stats and skill levels. TNE/GT can convert quite easily from those. Equipment is fairly common throughout the various editions of Traveller, so just mentioning what it's called would be enough. Ships might be fun though.

------------------
Paul