Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old April 5th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizenkilemall Respected Citizen
Default Particle Detector

Reviewing the classic suite of Traveller sensor types across all manner of EM wavelengths and detection, it struck me that there wasn't really a particle detector.

The neutrino detector was one specialized type of course, but I'm thinking you would have a hard time detecting radiation, following ion trails, analyzing atmospheres, etc.

A solar flare should be a big EM/IR event that radar, EMF and/or thermals should pick up, so don't know that you need particle detectors for that other then lab/scout ships, but other colder/ smaller phenomena would benefit.

Am I on track here?

Side question, for fire direction , would PA or energy weapon active emitters be of use? I'm thinking they may be helpful if a target uses a lot of sand against lidar or chaff for radar.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.