Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Imperial Encyclopedia Wiki > Wiki Discussion

Wiki Discussion Any questions, comments, suggestions, or other discussion of the Traveller Wiki should go here.

Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:29 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
timerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizentimerover51 Respected Citizen
Default Pysadi Article on the Wiki

The Wiki article on Pysadi, Aramis subsector of the Spinward Marches, has the planet at size 5. Supplement 3: The Spinward Marches lists it as size 4, as does both the GDW and Mongoose Versions of The Traveller Adventure. It is also listed as an Amber Zone, when none of the 3 sources mentioned lists it as that. Also, there are two different listing for the primary, with the K9 listing not making a whole lot of sense as that is borderline M-class for stellar types. The F9 works a lot better, but does mean that the year is a bit longer than a standard 360 or 365 days.

It is listed as containing the estate of an Imperial Knight and the fief of an Imperial Baron. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to how to reconcile this with the Mother Church, or are these later manifestations?
Do you have a security clearance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!
Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 51
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
The Wiki article on Pysadi, Aramis subsector of the Spinward Marches, has the planet at size 5. Supplement 3: The Spinward Marches lists it as size 4, as does both the GDW and Mongoose Versions of The Traveller Adventure. It is also listed as an Amber Zone, when none of the 3 sources mentioned lists it as that. Also, there are two different listing for the primary, with the K9 listing not making a whole lot of sense as that is borderline M-class for stellar types. The F9 works a lot better, but does mean that the year is a bit longer than a standard 360 or 365 days.

It is listed as containing the estate of an Imperial Knight and the fief of an Imperial Baron. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to how to reconcile this with the Mother Church, or are these later manifestations?
Those fiefs are extra-territorial - not subject to local law. Probably starport-adjacent, if not also the starport.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 02:33 AM
Knight

Gallery : 1
Spartan159 Citizen+Spartan159 Citizen+

I had wondered if the Epopt himself was the Baron.

Viscount Horosho (Spin 2138)
Knight of Deneb, Raweh (Spin 0139)
Knight of Deneb, Grudovo (Reft 0111)

IMTU tc+ ?23 mt+ tne t20 t4 t5 tg ?th mgt+ ru+ ge++ 3i+ c+ -jt+ ls pi ta he+
OTU an+ cpu- ge+ ih- j- jf+ ls- xb-
Old March 3rd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Count

Gallery : 0
Visit whulorigan's Blog
whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++whulorigan Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
The Wiki article on Pysadi, Aramis subsector of the Spinward Marches, has the planet at size 5. Supplement 3: The Spinward Marches lists it as size 4, as does both the GDW and Mongoose Versions of The Traveller Adventure. It is also listed as an Amber Zone, when none of the 3 sources mentioned lists it as that.
The data in the Wiki article is based on the T5SS data as per TravellerMap, which is the current and vetted canonical data based on the T5 ruleset. Of course, if one prefers the older data for their own campaign purposes, they are free to use whatever they prefer.

Quote:
Also, there are two different listing for the primary, with the K9 listing not making a whole lot of sense as that is borderline M-class for stellar types. The F9 works a lot better, but does mean that the year is a bit longer than a standard 360 or 365 days.
The K9 V was a typo in the stellar data info box on the Wiki - I corrected it. It should be F9 V.

Quote:
As Aramis alluded, those are the Imperial Landed Nobles assigned to the world by the Emperor, and have nothing to do with figures in the local government or culture, unless by sheer coincidence on an individual basis.

WHULorigan (Wayne)

Lord Richard Elruinn Ilendrick Rhovanion of Rhylanor
Count of RhylanorSPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-FKnight (Kt)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F
MarquisSPIN 0433 Jone B792785-9Knight (Kt)FORN 0727 Dirli C994422-8
Baronet of Jae TellonaSPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8Knight of Deneb (KD)SPIN 2814 Jae Tellona A560565-8
Baron of the Third ImperiumSPIN 3220 Powaza C787566-5Knight of the Third Imperium (KTI)SPIN 3235 Trin A894A96-F
Knight of the Iridium Throne (KIT)CORE 2419 Sevan A544576-A
TAS (Member #0008)SPIN 2716 Rhylanor A434934-F

Other Awards
:
Duke of the Third ImperiumREAV 3209 Kylian BA57742-A
Duke of KhouthCORR 0104 Khouth A8C3999-D
Baron of ImlaarDENE 2212 Imlaar D677551-6SEH - For Extreme Heroism @ The Battle of Ruby
Baroness of NorthammonDENE 0921 Northammon B764667-AMCGx2 - For Conspicuous Gallantry @ The Assaults on Dinomn & Denotam

Last edited by whulorigan; March 3rd, 2017 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:39 AM
Knight

Gallery : 1
Spartan159 Citizen+Spartan159 Citizen+

I had totally missed the size difference. Just for humor I'm gonna suggest they shipped in so much fertilizer that it increased the world size one factor.

Viscount Horosho (Spin 2138)
Knight of Deneb, Raweh (Spin 0139)
Knight of Deneb, Grudovo (Reft 0111)

IMTU tc+ ?23 mt+ tne t20 t4 t5 tg ?th mgt+ ru+ ge++ 3i+ c+ -jt+ ls pi ta he+
OTU an+ cpu- ge+ ih- j- jf+ ls- xb-
Old March 3rd, 2017, 04:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 4
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan159 View Post
I had wondered if the Epopt himself was the Baron.

That's a very interesting idea and one that would make Pysadi "pop" for your players.

Consider this: Why can the Mother Church blithely imprison off-world visitors solely due to the antics of some anolas? Because the Epopt of the Mother Church also happens to be an Imperial Baron!

IMTU and following the lead of Pocket Empires, previously settled worlds were often coaxed/bribed into joining the new Imperium by granting Imperial titles to members of the local power structure. The Imperium isn't as much an association of individual citizens as it is an association of planetary governments.

The maps on TTA's page 15 show that Pysadi wasn't settled prior to the Imperium arriving in the region. The system is colonized sometime between 300 and 400 from Deneb and the text talks about how the subsector still has more ties to Deneb than Regina or even Rhylanor. While there was likely no local political elites already on Pysadi requiring Imperial titles as bribes, might there have been a group in Deneb needing a lure to emigrate?

Imagine an Imperial committee in Deneb somewhere tasked with driving the settlement of the Aramis subsector. They've got piles of IISS reports detailing the various systems in question and the system that will become Pysadi comes up for discussion. The planet is on the small side, there are no notable mineral deposits, no planetoid belt, and an atmospheric taint. The world does have good agricultural potential, however, and it's close to the future markets of the Aramis Trace.

While it's worth settling, it's also not worth making a great effort to do so. Is there any way to get the job done on the cheap?

It turns out that a certain world in Pretoria hosts a certain religious sect. It's one of thousands across the Imperium which follow some mixture of the ancient Terran philosophy of Luddism and the Gaia hypothesis. The sect isn't particularly troublesome but it could become a brake on the development of it's home world. Might it be encouraged to emigrate?

And might part of that encouragement be an Imperial title for the sect's leader?

The title isn't presented as a bribe, mind you. Imperial agents don't sidle up to the Epopt and whisper "Convince your people to move and we'll make you a baron..."

Instead, the title is presented as a type of insurance. "Your people and their descendants will have their own world to live as they see fit. You will be made a baron so you and your descendants may speak in the councils of the Imperium on their behalf..."