Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Excuse me for insisting in the question: is Venusian flora and fauna edible?

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
Excuse me for insisting in the question: is Venusian flora and fauna edible?
Mostly.
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 7th, 2014, 03:08 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Just noticed in some re-reading, it was Color Sgt Dennis (the alleged liar who Carson just discovered messing around in our ship, doing something to the mapping camera) who provided a recommendation for our newest man, the anarchist/engineer Tunnaud!

The soup thickens...
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 7th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Just noticed in some re-reading, it was Color Sgt Dennis (the alleged liar who Carson just discovered messing around in our ship, doing something to the mapping camera) who provided a recommendation for our newest man, the anarchist/engineer Tunnaud!

The soup thickens...
To quote Randall Garrett:
"Now the plot begins to thicken, as it should.
It's the thickening in plots that makes them good."

Hans
Old February 7th, 2014, 04:42 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Wil (or anyone else), do you have any visual references to suggest on what Carson's uniforms might look like? He has dress red, khaki, and tropical khaki. Most of the illustrations in the main 1889 rulebook seem to be Frank Chadwick's drawings of dashing red-coated officers with sword and/or pistol. The only drawings that I found of a regular infantry soldier (front and back, I was happy to see) were on page 92 of Soldier's Companion.

I'd like to have my son Chris, the artist, draw me a character sketch, but I need to give him reference as to the uniforms and equipment.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 7th, 2014 at 04:54 AM..
Old February 7th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Wil (or anyone else), do you have any visual references to suggest on what Carson's uniforms might look like? He has dress red, khaki, and tropical khaki. Most of the illustrations in the main 1889 rulebook seem to be Frank Chadwick's drawings of dashing red-coated officers with sword and/or pistol. The only drawings that I found of a regular infantry soldier (front and back, I was happy to see) were on page 92 of Soldier's Companion.

I'd like to have my son Chris, the artist, draw me a character sketch, but I need to give him reference as to the uniforms and equipment.
http://www.victorianstrollers.co.uk/...ms/24regt.html
White pith helmet, as you're being sent overseas, and the cuffs may be white. Khaki looks identical in cut, but lacks the lace and facing on the cuffs. Cuffs should be white in this period.

Mess uniform would be a jacket like except with white lapels and cuffs, and without the Royal Engineers' insignia. A white shirt with white bowtie.

Rifle is a brand new Lee Metford.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 7th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen

Is that standard mess? I thought they only dressed for dinner and not lunch unless a formal occasion?

And... my goodness you boys were busy little bees last night!

Also how discernible is the ruckus out on the pitch? Would anyone in the house hear it?
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Is that standard mess? I thought they only dressed for dinner and not lunch unless a formal occasion?

And... my goodness you boys were busy little bees last night!

Also how discernible is the ruckus out on the pitch? Would anyone in the house hear it?
Not hear it over the cricket game. But when Smithers comes running in...

Remember: The major's bowling.
Etien is just finishing eating.
McBean was at the house, as was McPhee.

Charley was on his way to watch the match... and got diverted.

And Mess Dress is for dinner - but I include it since the 1870's are apparently when most sergeant's messes adopted Mess Dress as a more casual uniform than parade dress (which is worn for specific state dinners).

The Formality level as I understand it for the 1880's
  • Ceremonial Dress
  • Mess Dress (Red/Blue or Tropical White)
  • Parade Dress Red/Blue (medals, etc)
  • Service Dress Red/Blue (no medals, and ribbons not standard at this time)
  • Service Dress Khaki
  • Service Dress Tropical
  • Barracks Uniform (just being introduced in some regiments)
  • Work Coveralls (just being introduced)
  • Undress red/blue
  • undress khaki or tropical

The standard is a white shirt, blue-black trousers, red or blue coat, white sam brown, black boots, and a black or white helmet.

Khaki is same cut, but trousers and coat are UK khaki (which is a brownish green, and fades to tan). (US khaki is much more tan.) (The modern khaki fold-down is an evolution.

Parade uniform includes all your awards.
Service, at this time, doesn't.

Barracks is shirt and a waistcoat or sweater. Rank on the sweater. Not used in most regiments yet.

Undress is just the shirt and trousers. You don't get seen in this outside of duty hours... Also note: the collar is upright,

Tropical may be shorts and knee-socks, or may be trousers. (I've seen photos of both.)

Scots may substitute kilts for trousers in all cases, and must for cerimonial and home parade. Some individuals had trousers; some units fielded in trousers.

Note that all the jackets may be turned down to the second button, and will then look vaguely like modern pattern, but doing so when not actively working is discouraged.
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
http://www.victorianstrollers.co.uk/...ms/24regt.html
White pith helmet, as you're being sent overseas, and the cuffs may be white. Khaki looks identical in cut, but lacks the lace and facing on the cuffs. Cuffs should be white in this period.
Muchas gracias, compadre!

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen
Default Where are we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
1:20pm, 9th of January 1887

Heading outside, a Naval Supply wagon is out front, beside the Highland Pride.

Poking his head into the cargo bay, the hatch of which was wide open, Carson finds a just delivered stack of assorted spares and ammunition for the cannon... and a Royal Marine Color Serjant with a screwdriver in hand kneeling at the mapping camera...

Where is McBean when all this happens?
Yeah. I'm a little confused as to where everyone is and our timing.

Here's what I believe to be the sequence of events. Lunch wherein we discussed the particulars of the mission and are given our books on Venus. Tenaud (sp?) shows up just before desert and sherry. Introduction of Tenaud and break for Cricket match. Space Badger gets his requisition and goes to check on the deliveries so far and discovers the trouble maker, while the others get ready for the match.

It seems to me that very little time passed between the end of lunch and the last event but that last couple of posts indicate and maybe I’m reading in to it, that more time has passed. The match seems to be in progress only minutes after the Major excused himself to change for it.

If someone could just lie out the timeline and where everyone is that would help.
Am I the only one confused?