Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old November 25th, 2018, 01:26 AM
Marquis

Gallery : 0
Visit FreeTrav's Blog
FreeTrav Citizen

Thank you all for your words of support following my announcement of cancellation of the N/D18 issue, and for your support by generating new articles when I requested them.

I had mentioned that my father was taken care of in hospice care by Calvary Hospital in the Bronx. I recently learned that my sister - whose birthday is this coming Friday - is running a "birthday fundraiser" on Facebook for Calvary; it has only a week left. She has asked that, in lieu of gifts, people donate to Calvary through this fundraiser. Unfortunately, Facebook is its usual walled garden, and only members can donate (well, others can, too - by creating a Facebook account).

Like my sister, I believe in their mission; I know how seriously they take it, and how effective they are at doing it. Before my father's stay there, I had no reason to believe their radio advertising any more than any other advertising; now, I can say that every ad that I have heard does no more than tell it like it is.

I would therefore take it as a favor if those of you who are Facebook members - or willing to be borged into the walled garden collective - would visit https://www.facebook.com/donate/2315947945147373/ and make a donation to Calvary Hospital through my sister's fundraiser.
(formerly posting as jzeitlin)
Old November 25th, 2018, 08:12 AM
Count

Gallery : 11
Visit Spenser TR's Blog
Spenser TR Citizen

Thanks for posting this, and giving us a chance to help. My heartfelt condolences for what you and your family are going through, and thank you for all you give. I know a bit about this kind of loss; please take the time you need.
Please don't worry about us; we'll all be standing around here when you get back.
Old November 28th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Maksim-Smelchak Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTrav View Post
It is much against my preference, and with my deep regret, that I must announce that there will be no November/December 2018 issue of _Freelance Traveller_.

As we are Jewish, burial is to be at the earliest opportunity, and that was today.
--
Jeff Zeitlin
Editor
Freelance Traveller
Jeff,

Our hearts go out to you. Z"l.

Prayers and support from the other Jew on the boards.

הַמָּקוֹם יְנַחֵם אֶתְכֶם בְּתוֹךְ שְׁאָר אֲבֵלֵי צִיּוֹן וִירוּשָׁלָיִם
Hamakom y'nachem etkhem b'tokh sha'ar avelei tziyon viyrushalayim:
"The Omnipresent will comfort you (pl.) among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem"

Thank you for your long service to the Traveller community.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Baron

Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+Kilgs Citizen+

Yeah... no apologies ever necessary. What you do is provide a gift to the community. Take time and see you next Jump.