Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Old March 5th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Citizen: SOC-6

Gallery : 0
caj Citizen
Does anyone know the history behind Manchuria in 2300AD? Inaddition - what is the Government structure, type, etc... of Manchuria? I am involved in a PBEM game and I do not have my original 2300AD source material on Manchuria.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate.

Thank You
CAJ
Old March 6th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

BMonnery Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by caj:
Does anyone know the history behind Manchuria in 2300AD? Inaddition - what is the Government structure, type, etc... of Manchuria? I am involved in a PBEM game and I do not have my original 2300AD source material on Manchuria.

Thank You
CAJ
Not beyond what is written in the book, although I made a case (and a good one IMHO) for the population being a misprint, as it represents about a 15 fold increase in population over the parts of China and Russia that make up 2k3 Manchuria. This makes the population of Manchuria (including some parts of Northern China, Southern Siberia and Tibet) "only" 272 million, with Canton (the south of China, plus Tiawan and Indochina) with 509 million and a rump "China" in between as a buffer state.

I know some mailing list discussions on Manchuria occurred a while back. Hang on....

Bryn
Old March 6th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

BMonnery Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by caj:

Thank You
CAJ
Okay, more.

Manchuria was the first of the 3 statelets of China to recover from the twilight, using her power to absorb north china, tibet and parts of Siberia. She was an early space pioneer, establishing a (still existant) outpost on Mercury and had tantalum once ESA developed the stardrive, so was able to develop a colonial empire.

In the 2280's she tried to annex Central Asia (as did Russia) leading to the Central Asian War, the nearest thing to World War 4 the game history has. She was defeated.

This has a little about this war:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/JBCARA.htm

Bryn
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Murph Citizen
I would have thought that it would have been more likely for them to attempt to re-unify the "Middle Kingdom" rather than go off on other adventures. But... Remember China considers all non-Chinese as barbarians, hence the name the Middle Kingdom.