Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

1:20pm, 9th of January 1887

Heading outside, a Naval Supply wagon is out front, beside the Highland Pride.

Poking his head into the cargo bay, the hatch of which was wide open, Carson finds a just delivered stack of assorted spares and ammunition for the cannon... and a Royal Marine Color Serjant with a screwdriver in hand kneeling at the mapping camera...

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
1:20pm, 9th of January 1887

Heading outside, a Naval Supply wagon is out front, beside the Highland Pride.

Poking his head into the cargo bay, the hatch of which was wide open, Carson finds a just delivered stack of assorted spares and ammunition for the cannon... and a Royal Marine Color Serjant with a screwdriver in hand kneeling at the mapping camera...
Making a mental note to check the boxes of spares later for pilferage and completeness, Carson calls out to the Marine.

"Excuse me, but I don't believe you belong here. Please stand away from the camera." Before approaching any closer, Carson glances around for any other guards. If any are about, he will call to them. If not, he will yell for Smithers (hoping that others will hear as well).

If the Marine voluntarily moves away from the camera, Carson will tell him to come out of the cargo bay, and will await him outside where there is more room to move. If the Marine refuses or seems about to damage the camera, then Carson will climb into the cargo bay to physically detain him (first priority being to drag him away from the camera to reduce chances of damage to it, then grapple the hand with the screwdriver to make him drop it).

[I'm not sure what rolls might be needed here. I will roll a couple for Fisticuffs in case the Marine resists or attacks. If the fight moves outside the cargo bay or at least away from the delicate camera, Carson's only weapon is his bayonet sheathed on his belt, so I will roll a Close Combat as well; Carson will not attack with the bayonet unless the Marine is using the screwdriver or some other weapon, preferring to stick to non-lethal Fisticuffs.

Fisticuffs 4 (4d6)[1][1][6][3](11)
Fisticuffs 4 (4d6)[3][2][5][2](12)
CloseCbt 1 [roll]1d6[/roll] (has CloseCbt 2 Pole-arm, so 1 in Edged)

Please tell me if I need to roll anything else in this situation.]

Edit: I don't know what's wrong with the 1d6? At first I had an extra ], but I edited that out and it still won't roll? Maybe no rolls on edits, for dice integrity?

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old February 6th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

[Nope, no rolls on edits. I took the first fisticuffs as a use of fisticuffs to intimidate, since that seemed the initial intent.]

At his wave, two OS privates come running from the sidelines of the cricket pitch. The Color Sarjeant backs away from the camera hastily, hiding the screwdriver as best he can. "Jus' looking, lad. Jus' looking. Suppose I'd better be back to the depot..." He seems rather aware of Carson's readiness to fight, and doesn't seem ready to test it, especially as the two privates arrive. Smithers is not far being them, and Lance Sarjeant Charlie. Some silver-haired Serjeant Major is tailing after, in Khakis.

[Interrogate as desired]

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-2

Gallery : 0
Doctor X Citizen

Tunnaud takes a seat and, begrudgingly accepts a tea, as this might be too early in the day for Englishmen to handle wine. He listens to the list of bonuses, skeptical that he'll be able to collect many of them from the boiler room. As the guidebooks are handed out, he takes one, wondering if he'll have time to read it.

"Merci, mon Commandant. Ah shall take ze time to study zis book en route. For now, zo, ah zink I zhould bring my equipment aboard as zoon as possib' and get 'ow you zay, acquainted wit ze member o the crew zat I shall spend ze most time working with." This comment gets more of the blank looks that he has become so accustomed to, that he believes that Blank Looks are one of England's chief exports.

"Ze engine, gentlemen. Ah wish to meet 'er as zoon as possib'."
Old February 6th, 2014, 08:51 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

"Not so fast, Marine. I don't know of no reason at all for you to be poking around in here. What is your name, and what are your orders? Let's see 'em right quick." Glance to the OS privates. "Boys, this Marine was inside the ship messing with the camera - has a screwdriver in his hand, so watch out for that, and consider him under arrest until the Major decides otherwise."

Calling backward to Charley without turning away from the Marine: "Lance Sergeant, do you know this man, or any reason he should be here?"

[Has the Marine come out of the cargo bay yet? If not, Carson will repeat his demand that he come out, or else will go in after him.]

EDIT: If the Marine repeats his "just curious" or similar variation, Carson will give him a nasty grin. "Oh, I must remember that one next time I am down the docks or a Navy airship field, and get a notion to wander aboard. I'm sure your Marines will just nod an' maybe even salute me and give me a guided tour? No, you're not out of this until my Major says so, or works it out wit' yer own C.O."

EDIT 2: If the Marine Colour Sergeant tries to pull rank on Carson, he gets an even nastier grin: "I don' care if ye had gold stars all over yer epaulets, or whatever it takes to make a Marine feel special. This here's a' Army facility, an' me personal orders place tha' airship under my protection. You stay put until one of my officers says otherwise!"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; February 6th, 2014 at 09:28 PM..
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
"Not so fast, Marine. I don't know of no reason at all for you to be poking around in here. What is your name, and what are your orders? Let's see 'em right quick." Glance to the OS privates. "Boys, this Marine was inside the ship messing with the camera - has a screwdriver in his hand, so watch out for that, and consider him under arrest until the Major decides otherwise."

Calling backward to Charley without turning away from the Marine: "Lance Sergeant, do you know this man, or any reason he should be here?"

[Has the Marine come out of the cargo bay yet? If not, Carson will repeat his demand that he come out, or else will go in after him.]

EDIT: If the Marine repeats his "just curious" or similar variation, Carson will give him a nasty grin. "Oh, I must remember that one next time I am down the docks or a Navy airship field, and get a notion to wander aboard. I'm sure your Marines will just nod an' maybe even salute me and give me a guided tour? No, you're not out of this until my Major says so, or works it out wit' yer own C.O."

EDIT 2: If the Marine Colour Sergeant tries to pull rank on Carson, he gets an even nastier grin: "I don' care if ye had gold stars all over yer epaulets, or whatever it takes to make a Marine feel special. This here's a' Army facility, an' me personal orders place tha' airship under my protection. You stay put until one of my officers says otherwise!"

"He's Pie in y'r eye Color Dennis, Serjeant!" exclaims Charlie. "Permission a' book the hearts, Carson?"

[Intelligibly rendered inside the spoiler.]
Spoiler:
He's your liar Color Sjt Dennis. Permission to look at the parts?

The Color has moved himself away from everything, but not out.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Agility to hide the screwdriver in a pocket TN 2 (6- Carson's Observation):(4d6)[5][3][4][3](15) Nope. You know exactly where it's hidden...

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:50 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

"Permission a' book the hearts, Carson?"

"Go right ahead, Charley. I need to keep a' sharp eye on this fellow. Has anyone notified Major Fellows or Lt McPhee? If not, please do so, Smithers. Be sure an' tell 'em he was messin' about the camera wi' a screwdriver when I caught 'im. That ought to bring the Leftenant right out, anyway, to check over his baby."

Quote:
The Color has moved himself away from everything, but not out.
"Come right on out here, Marine, or I'm comin' in after you an' I won't be gentle."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old February 7th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

"Aye, Serjeant," says Smithers, surprisingly enough on the move before even finished acknowledging the order.

Color Dennis, hands now clear and in the oremus position, steps out. The big lug has a bit of color in his nose, and not enough in his cheeks.

After a couple minutes of loud rummaging, Charlie announces, "Mine, All Mine! Muhahahah! Here's wha' 'e were popping with that driver..." He holds up a steel packing band and prized open clip. "And the party is aboard." He comes out and hands an envelope of papers to Carson.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 7th, 2014, 03:48 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Before taking his eyes off of Color Sgt Dennis to look at the papers, Carson gestures the two Privates to surround the Marine. "Privates, this man is under arrest until released by Major Fellows. Somethin' is goin' on 'ere that in't right. Guard 'im right well, an' watch out for tha' screwdriver in 'is pocket." Carson points so they know which side pocket to watch. "If 'e gives yer trouble, show 'im we Infantry knows what rifle butts are for."

Taking the papers from Lance Sgt Charley, Carson glances back toward the Director's House to see if any of the officers have made it outside yet.

Then he looks at the papers to see what has Charley so excited.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)